Taps: 28 / Bottles: 40
Cask: Y / Beer-to-Go: N
Ratings: 126 | Reviews: 114 | Display Reviews Only:
Reviews by Tchuck:
4.68/5 rDev +12.2%
vibe: 4.5 | quality: 4.5 | service: 4.5 | selection: 5 | food: 5
Like Pat, I don't know what to say that hasn't been said before, so a few thoughts:
1) Probably one of about three places in Boston that will have something on tap that I've never had before. Some places have more taps, but aren't as daring, or don't have what they advertise in stock.
2) You can't go wrong with the food, but some items bring it to the next level: catfish fingers, sausage o'the day, collard greens, hushpuppies, pulled pork, brisket, and the pecan pie.
3) On Sat. nights in April, they have a guy from The Union Bay Oyster House selling oysters at the bar. Good times.
4) Try sitting at the counter in the back of the main restaurant. The chefs are always friendly, and will often throw samples your way.
5) Go early or during the week to avoid crowds to the extent you can.
6) I'm grateful I live only a few miles away, and that my wife is always willing to drive home afterwards.
07-20-2003 19:35:30 | More by Tchuck
More User Reviews:
4.34/5 rDev +4.1%
vibe: 4.5 | quality: 4.5 | service: 4.25 | selection: 4 | food: 4.75 | $$$
Loved this place. Went here for dinner while visiting the Boston area. The atmosphere is absolutely crazy, We sat in the basement which is painted black with wild colorful paintings covering the walls. Most or all of them have aliens in them.Everything about this place says fun. Quality was excellent all around. Service was friendly and reasonably fast. We ate early but by the time we got our food the place was full and people were waiting to get in by the time we left. Beer selection was outstanding and the food was really really good. I had ribs and they were the best I've had since we started this vacation and were as good as what we get at our favorite BBQ Beachwood on the west coast. My husband had the brisket and it was melt in your mouth. I really enjoyed their beans which were black eyed peas in a savory sauce. The prices were a little high but not bad considering it's in the big city. We would go back again and again if we ever come to Boston again.
05-22-2014 11:37:59 | More by Jodi215
Redbones Barbeque in Somerville, MA
93 out of 100 based on 126 ratings.