Powell Porter - 4th Street Brewing Co.
No picture uploaded.
Have one? Upload it now.
Ratings: 4 | Reviews: 2 | Display Reviews Only:
Reviews by RedDiamond:
3.2/5 rDev -3.3%
Im inclined to characterize this porter as being old-world and traditional, though thats clearly a subjective assessment. I suppose what I mean is that this porter is neither excessive nor extreme to any degree and the flavor is restrained if not demure.
Yet the brew as a whole is well balanced and very approachable. The mouthfeel is smooth, the bitterness comforting, and the lace is chantilly and widespread.
A simple, honest session porter that wont intimidate lighter beer drinkers.
09-16-2004 22:22:42 | More by RedDiamond
More User Reviews:
3.55/5 rDev +7.3%
Had a taster on-tap at location today...
- Nice dark brew with a mild mocha/white head with lots of lacing. Can't see through it which is nice..
- Light chocolate malt scent with some mild sweetness, and very light bittering hop. Maybe a little coffee-like presence.
- Very light and sessionable... kind of your basic run of the mill craft porter... not that it is bad, but more of just being a fine regular drinkable porter. One in which a pint should be about $2.50.. not $4.25. (pricing does not affect my judging).
- Very light, leaves the mouth wanting more... certainly a growler porter... not at all sticky and overly sweet.
- Overall my impression is just kind of blah... a very well balanced light porter.. the way most porters used to be I might add... but there is nothing in it that screams "We are 4th St. Brewing!".
09-18-2009 21:18:02 | More by Docer
Powell Porter from 4th Street Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.