Demented Duck Amber Ale - 4th Street Brewing Co.
No picture uploaded.
Have one? Upload it now.
Ratings: 4 | Reviews: 2 | Display Reviews Only:
Reviews by RedDiamond:
3.6/5 rDev -1.6%
The foul smell intruding upon my Scottish beer made a similar appearance here. Though the odor wasn't overpowering and it dissipated at half pint, the implied sanitation issues were disturbing.
Demented Duck is presumably named in honor of a certain collegiate athletic program known to be popular in our state. It is brewed as an alt-style amber in contrast to a more English-derived pale ale variant. Strong wooden and cola nut flavors with a lingering specialty malt roasted graininess (Marris Otter?) make for a nutty beer with a satisfying edge. Saaz hops remain primarily in the bittering range.
Despite a momentarily distracting odor, Demented Duck's drinkability is intact and commendable. It shows as dark polished oak with low carbonation, a sickle head, and thin dispersed lace. Pair this beer with: bourbon.
07-11-2008 01:28:37 | More by RedDiamond
More User Reviews:
4.05/5 rDev +10.7%
Just had on tap for lunch. This brew could almost be an IPA... but it's not, and is very good.
- Amber, slight mucky brown color... very light off-white head.... quickly down to a little bit of spotting... mild lacing overall compared to their lace monster of an IPA.
- Smell is almost absent. Very light sweet brown sugar, very light malt... all which traps a huge piney hop bitterness... that just can't really be smelled.
- Fantastic light sweet malts.... a true winner of an amber... slight brown sugars, caramel malts... fresh bitter hops... slight pine, herbal.... overall a well hopped amber that is just smooth as can be.
- Light bodied... only very slightly oily and sticky... overall great carbonation..
- Huge drinkability. This is one of those types of pints that fresh, you can just tip back... and forget about it. Its a fantastic Amber on tap... and a new regular for me when I go there.
12-11-2009 22:38:00 | More by Docer
Demented Duck Amber Ale from 4th Street Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.