Crest Super Premium Lager - Crest Brewing Company

awful

Crest Brewing Company
United Kingdom (England)

Euro Strong Lager |  10.00% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 11-15-2002)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
4.85/5  rDev +138.9%

This is the best ruddy Beer that I've ever had the pleasure of drinkng in Britain, or over here in Canada.
It has a great appearance, taste, aroma, mouthfeel, & drinkabilty.
Also, it gives one a wee buzz, which is also greatly appreciiated by all Beer drinkers Worldwide.

1.7/5  rDev -16.3%

Very little aroma, faint bit of malt and alcohol. Taste initially is pretty bland. It is all in the aftertaste. The burn shall we call it. Alcohol burn as it goes down your throat because of the 10%. Taste is metallic and sweet if that's possible. It's one of those beers that if you need to get drunk fast you pound one down. I can imagine a bunch of young brits throwing one back before going out, much like Americans would hit the Schlitz.

3.23/5  rDev +59.1%

My brother and I each got a 500 ML can of this cheapness from LCBO on Lundy's Lane earlier this evening on our current mini vacation in Niagara Falls Ontario. Poured into a clear glass we have in our hotel room. This beer is a clear, light to medium golden color with a white head maybe 1/4 inch when poured. Settles to a nice thick ring lining the inside of the glass. Lots of little bubbles rising to the top of my glass and a decent surface coating. My brother says this beer "smells like lake water", and who am I to argue with that. I couldn't really pick up any discernible aromas I am used to smelling in beer. Sweet malt and adjunct flavor. Again, my brother says that "it tastes like a an rich man's Colt 45", and why not? It reminds me of a not so good version of Baltika # 9. Has a crisp, light to medium body. Easy to drink because it tastes like sugar water, not because it has the consistency of a well crafted beer. It did get us somewhat buzzed.

Eric

1.5/5  rDev -26.1%

Appeaeance: poured a deep copper, assertivly carbonated, very little head that disapears immedatly.

smell: not good...soap, solvent, yech!

taste: B.A.D. so bad I had to spit it out.

Mouthfeel & Drinkability: can't comment on because this beer was undrinkable...was not going to have a second swig to find out.

My mother always said if you can't say somthing good don't say anything at all, so...

Cheers
JH

2.2/5  rDev +8.4%

Pours a light brass color with very active carbonation. The head has good retention and leaves sticky patches of lace behind. The aroma is sweet and grainy, with a little cooked corn and some booze. The taste follows suite with sweetness up front and a hefty alcohol twang. Hops are very anemic throughout, only a tad bitter at the end. The mouthfeel is watery and low on carbonation for a malt liquor.

This is better than most malt liquors, but only that it hides the ABV a little better. Still to be avoided, unless like me, you have a strange nostalgia for cheap strong beer.

2.17/5  rDev +6.9%

Appearance-It is orange in color, lots of carbonation that forms a mega head and lace.

Smell- The aroma is mainly citrus like.

Taste- Cheap adjunct citrus taste with an alcohol bite.

Mouthfeel- Super Thin.

Drinkability- I was not overly fond of this beer it just seemed to have nothing I like in a beer.

1.68/5  rDev -17.2%

Beer can (50cl), tasted in 2005)
Appearance: white foam, short persistence. golden blond color, limpid
Smell: grain, yeast, alcohol notes
Taste and mouthfeel: ample, with a dominant malt alcohol, caramel note. Sweet Finale
Drinkability: too strong (10 ABV)

Review added 11-20-2007, translated from french 2-27-2008.

1.38/5  rDev -32%

Looks like your average adjunct lager, Yellow with a slight bit of head, lots of fizz and some lacing. Smell is very alcoholic, not good at all. Taste is slightly bitter with alcohol and some hints of adjunct, corn i think it is. This is some really rough stuff, hard going down not very drinkable, and in my youth i made the mistake of drinking a few too many of these which resulted in a two day hangover. Avoid this.

2.78/5  rDev +36.9%

Sampled at a hombrew club meeting, this beer is pale yellow with a fluffy white head that quickly settles.

Aroma is sweet, grainy malts, light fruit, and an almost candy-like sweetness.

Flavor is similar, sweet, grainy, sugary, corny, but really not that bad.

Body is medium, texture is smooth, and it's relatively drinkable in spite of it's ridiculously high ABV. I would not drink too much though, it has hangover written all over it.

1.05/5  rDev -48.3%

I tried this only becuse I could buy one to taste and not a six. Canned beer..what can I say. Poured a pale yellow with no head to speak of light carbonation, overpowering smell of Alcohol over the boiled grains. Taste was sweet with little hop evident over the burn of the alcohol, dry finish with a burn to it...this is one rough brew...like green beer mixed with vodka...a staple of confirmed UK rummies no doubt. Look for these discarded crest cans where ever indiscriminate alcoholics gather...under bridges, park out buildings an alleys.

1.2/5  rDev -40.9%

Me and a friend first sampled this at the premiere beer bar in this city upon the recommendation of our waitress. The mistake we made was getting real friendly with her, and she felt this gave her license to toy with us. Upon presenting the cans to us, and our noticing the 10% abv kick it had, she then proceeded to tell us that normally most people will drink this stuff with a shot of rye in it as well. My response was, "Nice try lady, but we're not THAT fucked up yet". Still, after sampling it again now, the rye might have added some redeeming character to it...

Poured this out of a 500ml blue and gold coloured can, 10% Super Strength written in large bold gold letters around the bottom half. How this can still remain a premium lager after a claim like that boggles my mind. As with many mistakes of my past, this stuff looked okay in the beginning, was a husky corn gold colour, clear, decent head that leaves some mild lacing. But the fun stops there. The smell is a faint, subdued grainy chemical laced affair. Far too subdued for something 10% abv. What could be lurking under that? Well, I'd describe the flavour as some grain and corn mixed in with petroleum, very, very boozy taste to it, you taste the booze, but no other real discernable flavours. Flavour and mouthfeel blend into a cidery experience, the intense boozy presence gives it an apple vinegar character. Most drinkable, perhaps, out of a brown paper bag and with that shot of rye in there to make it more palatable.

1.53/5  rDev -24.6%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Malt liquor from England? This stuff reminds me of Colt 45. On here, it's labeled as an old ale, but states lager on the can. Poured a pale, gold stain colour with a film head which left before my first sip. Lacing was sparse on the glass. Smelled very, very malty. I can almost see the barley through my nose. No hops detected in the smell nor the tongue. But alot of malts were evident. Very bitter/sour beer. Not bitter from hops, just plain bitter. Left a parched, dry mouthfeel. Overall, undrinkable and disappointing.

2.17/5  rDev +6.9%

Light golden colour with a minimum head that quickly disapates. The smell is musky and has a lingering bitter aftertaste which can be attributed to excess hops.
The Crest Brewing Company is a division of Charles Wells Ltd. out of Bedford UK.

« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »