Zambezia Premium Lager Beer - Huebert Brewing Company

Huebert Brewing Company visit their website
Oklahoma, United States

American Pale Lager |  6.20% ABV

Beer added by: timbro81 on 06-20-2008

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 6 | Reviews: 6
Reviews by skeetermoses:
3.08/5  rDev n/a

Okay, I think this one maybe the only tolerable beer put out by Hubert's. I really did not enjoy the old tyme ale, which I may have mentioned. The Root beer beer was a funky taste of rootbeer and what I like to call Ass. I would never had picked this beer up if I knew it was made by Hueberts...but I am actually impressed by the taste of this, it was not as bad as the other beers. I may try Kudu or Kudo, what ever it is called. this one was a fairly spicy beer. Definately not a memorable beer, but it is not god awful.

3.15/5  rDev n/a

I drank a fresh one on my recent trip to Zimbabwe and it was a very nice surprisingly good lager. Great head when poured to the extent I could only pour half of it a time into my glass so I suspect other reviewers did not get it fresh or it does not travel well.

2.38/5  rDev n/a

Thanks to Beertracker for the hookup of this OK beer.

A-Slightly hazy, bright golden yellow with a billowing bright white head that reduces to a thin ring and leaves spotty lace.

S-Light lemon like citrus with faint spicy hops and a tiny bit of bready malt.

T-What aroma was there leaves upon tasting. A lttlle acidic twang and a hint of spicy hops....that is about it. Quite bland overall.

M-Almost none....lighter than light. I cannot believe that this is an all malt beer. It is almost water in consistency.

D-Blah....would never want another. There isn't anything truly bad about this beer but there really isn't anything good. It is so bland and lifeless that water would be a better choice. There are "light" American lagers that deliver flavour....this isn't the one!

2.4/5  rDev n/a
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

Pours a very light starw color that has great clarity and low carbonation that feeds a head that never really got off its feet. Smell is pretty timid, although I am picking up a slight solvent like smell and grainy sweetness. Mouth feel is equally weak on the carbonation side. Taste doesn't really jump out from anywhere, kind of bland malty sweetness if anything. Aftertaste leans toward what little hops are detectable. Boo.

2/5  rDev n/a
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

Appearance: Pours a bubbly, yellow-hued body with no more than a thin ring of white bubbles on top.

Smell: Light pale malts, a tad grainy, a tad sweet-smelling and liberally spiced with celery seed. Wait, celery seed?!

Taste: Faint pale maltiness with a pinch of table sugar sweetness and mild graininess. Odd, worrisome taste of celery seed of all things perks up right away. Small amount of hop bitterness. Dry finish with that strange celery seed flavor enduring into the aftertaste.

Mouthfeel: Thin-bodied. Low carbonation. Watery mouthfeel.

Drinkability: Dreadful! I would demand whoever is running the Quality Control Department be severely reprimanded, but I'm unsure if one even exists at Huebert, as there some to be no control over the product and nothing in the way of quality whatsoever.

2.12/5  rDev n/a

Reviewed on: 06-16-2010 00:38:15

A - Pours a hazy gray yellow. Weird color. A razor thin head that immediately disappears into nothing. Not one single bubble on top. It looks like bottled Lipton green tea.

S - Soured prune/fruit bread. Sweet prune. Sour apple juice. A very odd and distinct smell. I can't put my finger on it.

T - Taste like watered down sun tea that has gone bad and tried to cover it up with some sugar.

I'm all about supporting local beers, but this beer is not good...at all. If your looking for a very strange beer flavor... Hopefully this is a bad batch.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Zambezia Premium Lager Beer from Huebert Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 6 ratings.