Belgian Dubbel - Zero Gravity Craft Brewery / American Flatbread

Beer added by: Brad007 on 11-03-2007

to view more.
Ratings: 2 | Reviews: 2
3.81/5  rDev n/a

Served in a snifter glass.

Pours a reddish brown with a thin light tan head that dissipates quickly with light lacing, there are lots of little bubbles climbing up the side of the glass. Aromas of dark fruit, cherry, light smoke, and alcohol. High carbonation, medium body the first taste cleans the palate. Lots of flavors here: sour cherry, tart green apple, chocolate malt, toffe, vanilla with a lemony hop dry finish. Very well balanced, each flavor is dominant at different times. A great sipping beer.

4/5  rDev n/a

Stopped by Flatbread today to check out new beers. Upon arriving, the bartender said that he recognized me and gave me a small sample of the Dubbel that was unmarked on tap. According to him, this Dubbel has been aged for a year I believe.

Poured a ruby red color with a nice head. Aroma was nice and malty, fruity with a subtle aroma of raisin and spice. Taste was smooth and dry with a nice raisin/currant aftertaste. Very drinkable and limited as well I'm sure.

Cheers to the bartender for allowing me to sample this. I didn't catch his name but I thought he might be Paul Sayler. I'll definitely come back to Flatbread for a beer with hospitality like that.

to view more.
Belgian Dubbel from Zero Gravity Craft Brewery / American Flatbread
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.