Duck-Rabbit Wee Heavy Scotch Style Ale - The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery

Duck-Rabbit Wee Heavy Scotch Style AleDuck-Rabbit Wee Heavy Scotch Style Ale

The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery visit their website
North Carolina, United States

Scotch Ale / Wee Heavy |  8.00% ABV

(Beer added by: silver0rlead on 05-15-2006)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Duck-Rabbit Wee Heavy Scotch Style Ale Alström Bros
4.23/5  rDev +8.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

A Pours a dark red body with a beige head that fades to a rim of foam rather quickly.

S Slightly bready and lightly fruity, the baked bread aroma increases as it becomes warmer.

T A rush of malty goodness that washes away to a very light ripe fruit which fades cleanly and heavenly. The richness of the malt profile is undeniable; it has a generous amount of malt sweetness and the perfect amount of hops to balance the whole act.

M Very pleasant, creamy and smooth with the slightest bite of hops imaginable.

O A well-crafted and perfectly balanced malt forward ale. Duck Rabbit knows how to knock these styles out of the park.

3.25/5  rDev -16.7%

4.5/5  rDev +15.4%

4.08/5  rDev +4.6%

3.84/5  rDev -1.5%

3.76/5  rDev -3.6%

2.5/5  rDev -35.9%

3.85/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

I am working to reduce the deuced backlog of bottles that has built up here at Chez Woody and which cries out to me on a daily basis.

From the bottle: Made in Farmville, North Carolina"; "Proudly hand made in small batches".

I was inspitred to break out a goblet the other day, as opposed to my usual shaker pint. The greater surface area means that the head does not rise as high, but I still got a finger of dense, light-tan head for my efforts. Color was a deep, dark-brown (SRM = > 22, < 27), allowing for little light penetration. Nose had a toffee-like candy sweetness underlain with alcohol heat. Ah, an 8%er to begin the day ... Mouthfeel was thick and full and I felt like I had placed a dollop of cream on my tongue. The taste was quite sweet, very much like toffee, but with dried dark fruits, also, plus the heat was not lost on me. Phew! This is no playing around. As I watched the lacing begin to form a ring around the inside of the goblet, I was given pause to consider the prevalence of AIPAs and my propensity for drinking them. I really enjoy their bitter, citrusy flavors, but it is also nice to partake of a malt-driven beer on occasion. The finish was malty-sweet, certainly, but the fusel alcoholic heat on the extreme finish gave it a breathtaking dryness. My my my.

4.75/5  rDev +21.8%