Duck-Rabbit Barrel Aged Baltic Porter - The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery

No picture uploaded.

The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery visit their website
North Carolina, United States

Baltic Porter |  9.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Kegatron on 12-18-2009)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
4.75/5  rDev +7.2%

Might be one of the best beers in the world. Had this at the Raleigh Rare and Vintage 2012 tasting. Best of Show in my opinion.

I wish they would bottle this so I can have some in the basement. The beer is silky smooth and is pitch black with chocolate and toffee notes. The bourbon burn is minimal and tastes great.

3.75/5  rDev -15.3%

4.5/5  rDev +1.6%

4.38/5  rDev -1.1%

100th Review
---
Enjoyed at the 3rd annual Black & Blue. Thanks brawleys!

A - black, thick with huge cinnamon head that left crazy, caked lacing while retaining a good, solid cap

S - ton of vanilla, toffee, brown sugar, graham crackers

T - flavors much like nose with some roasted malts and a bit dark fruit; the finish consists of sweet toffee and warming alcohol; fairly heavy on the Wells barrel

M - thick and chewy body; almost fluffy carbonation but not distracting; mild, sweet bourbon aftertaste

O - i had big expectations as this is one of my favorite beers, local or not. i was not disappointed. the barrel is very strong but the baltic porter base is pretty robust and has enough bones to support it. the Wells barrel is tasty and that helps.

DRB - please bottle some of this!(in 12oz bottles like Rabid Duck)

* I still feel like a noob, but I have learned a lot over the last one and half years and it has been a blast. Big thanks to my BA friends for mentoring me and sharing not only their knowledge, but their beer with me. It is all very much appreciated!

3.98/5  rDev -10.2%

Had during Brewvival 2012! Poured by Paul himself! Served from tap into a Brewvival sampler imperial pint. Poured a reddish black with a minimal brown head. Maintained decent lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, roasted malt, wood, sweet alcohol, and vanilla. The flavor was of sweet malt, roasted malt, wood, sweet alcohol, vanilla, and dark chocolate. It had a medium feel on the palate with mild carbonation. Overall this was a fairly good brew. I went into this one expecting great things but was a little letdown if I'm honest. I'm not sure how long this brew stayed in the barrels, but the barrels completely dominated this one. So much so that it actually covered up a lot of the nice dark fruit character that I loved so much about the base beer. If you are a fan of the -bals, this is the beer for you. If you are not, you might still be okay, but just be warned they were strong in this one.

4.5/5  rDev +1.6%

4.72/5  rDev +6.5%

I had this on tap at Taco Mac in Atlanta. The beer is dark brown colored with a thin tan foam and an aroma of sweet malts with a touch of whiskey. The smell was almost perfect to me, just what I wanted it to be. It was similar to Okocim but stronger and with a bourbon or whiskey note. The taste was the same, so rich with sweetness and balanced with bourbon. This is probably the best Baltic Porter I've had, and actually I would prefer this to many barrel aged stouts. Get it if you see it.

« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »