The Extra Special Bitter - Natty Greene's Pub & Brewing Co.

The Extra Special Bitter
No picture uploaded.

Natty Greene's Pub & Brewing Co. visit their website
North Carolina, United States

Extra Special / Strong Bitter (ESB) |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-07-2005)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
Reviews by OldFrothingSlosh:
OldFrothingSlosh

3.45/5  rDev -12.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

64oz. growler courtesy of AKSmokedPorter.

Pours a lovely burned clear copper in color with very, very thick and sticky white head that not only lasted the entire pint(s), but also left thick lacing on the glass. Most impressive. Smell? Hmph. This one really surprised me. The nose on this one screams "Budweiser". It just hit me really hard and was tough to get around. Not much else could I detect. Flavor gets better, but not by too much. There's a good level of bitterness that is somewhat tempered by a light malt backbone. More like an AIPA to me. Earthen, grassy finish with long-lasting dryness. Slightly thin in the mouthfeel and drinkability takes a hit due to the pervasive macro nose this one has. Next time I'm in Greensboro I'll have to re-visit this one and see if it gets better next time 'round.

Serving type: growler

02-18-2005 21:51:37 | More by OldFrothingSlosh
DasBoot2112

11-10-2012 01:44:30 | More by DasBoot2112
oberon

4.33/5  rDev +10.2%

Great to see Natty's make an ESB one of my favorite style I was they would soon.Pours a nice clear copper with a decent fluffy white head leaving a light amount of lace,very firm dry malty aroma like freshly baked biscuits with a nice abount of herbalness from the generous amount of hops.A big malt attack hits up front dry but with some fruit finishing with a hefty amount of bitterness that lingered making me want more just great balance.I had to peel myself off the seat or I would have sat there all afternoon drinking this one,a big winner.

02-10-2005 19:28:16 | More by oberon
The Extra Special Bitter from Natty Greene's Pub & Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.