UFO Raspberry Hefeweizen - Harpoon Brewery & Beer Hall

good

Harpoon Brewery & Beer Hall visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  4.80% ABV

We have added natural raspberry flavor to our UFO Hefeweizen to create this beer. Consistent with the hefeweizen style, this beer is unfiltered and cloudy with a solid foamy head. UFO Raspberry has a distinctive, hazy rose color. The scent of fresh raspberries hits the nose immediately, along with a subtle bready aroma from the wheat and yeast. The body is light and the unfiltered yeast provides a soft mouthfeel. The taste of the fruit compliments the beer nicely, neither overwhelms the other. There is a faint sweetness on the palate, which finishes cleanly in a semi-dry, tart finish.

(Beer added by: taez555 on 03-01-2006)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of UFO Raspberry Hefeweizen Alström Bros

This has become a go to summer beer for me. It has just an amazing flavor and the raspberries give the Hefeweizen that extra flavor. I just started buying the UFO sample pack last year that includes their Hefeweizen, Pale Ale and White Ale. This was a summer staple for me last year after replacing the Sam Adams Summer Ale that as been on a steady decline for the past few years.

This beer is so perfect. It does not have an overbearing fruity taste, though the hint of raspberries makes this a great hefeweizen. These beers went down smooth, like drinking flavored water that will truely intoxicate the mind and body, without a watered down flavor of many cheap beers. Without a doubt i could easily sit down for a night and put back a twelve pack.

This is one adventure i am glad i went on, when first trying this i was skeptical, after trying many other fruit flavored beers and being highly disappointed, this was the saving grace for flavored beer.

4.95/5  rDev +38.7%

If you like Abita Purple Haze, this blows that RIGHT out of the water! Super amazing fresh raspberry smell and ending flavor, not too sweet, still tastes like a beer, not a wine cooler. I AM a big fan of fruiting the beer, and this is how it's done well. Very pleased. I got this as a single, so really I just picked it up for the raspberry. Once I opened it, I took a second look at the bottle and realized it was Harpoon. No wonder it's amazing.

4.95/5  rDev +38.7%

The first time I ever tried this beer was on tap at the tasting room in Vermont at the Harpoon brewery, and I fell in love. This beer is also seasonal so when I come across it in bottles I stock up.

The color of this beer is a nice pinkish red, and the nose delivers a light raspberry smell. I am able to drink a 6 pack of these and be perfectly content. It is not a beer that I tire of drinking easily. They are great on a hot summer day. The fruit complements the base beer very nicely. The ABV is just right. I enjoy regular UFO, but I will definitely choose this instead anytime.

4.93/5  rDev +38.1%

Poured into a pint glass at the local 'Flying Saucer'

A: Cloudy ruby red/rose color. Good solid off white head with a thin but sticky lace.

S: Smell of fresh raspberries. Some mild spice.

T&M: Smooth and Crisp! Mild tart shot of raspberry flavor, faint spices and hops are barely noticeable.

If you like raspberry or berry flavors, this is the best I have had and I've tried many fruit flavored beers. This is the best raspberry hands down. Probably better on tap than in the bottle, but the fresher the better nonetheless.

4.92/5  rDev +37.8%

4.86/5  rDev +36.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This beer is by far my favorite to drink; mostly in the summer but I love to relax with a couple pints in the winter as well. It doesn't have a fake raspberry flavor to it and goes down smooth. Sitting on the back porch outside in the sun is my favorite time to enjoy the lightly flavored raspberry and the smooth Hefeweizen beer!

4.85/5  rDev +35.9%

Pours a hazy yellow with maybe a slight blush of pink, two fingers of light foam that disappears very quickly. Aroma is strongly that of the raspberries promised on the label! Same goes for the taste, very fruit forward. Near perfect carbonation with no vile aftertaste! I talked my distributor into selling me this as a single, I'm going back tomorrow for the other 5!

UFO Raspberry Hefeweizen from Harpoon Brewery & Beer Hall