Harpoon IPA - Harpoon Brewery & Beer Hall

good

Harpoon Brewery & Beer Hall visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

English India Pale Ale (IPA) |  5.90% ABV

Harpoon IPA is an interpretation of the classic English style using hops and malt grown in the United States.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-01-2000)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Harpoon IPA Alström Bros

On tap @ '...'(I forgot the name) Locks Restaurant & the Bradley (Hartford) Airport into custom painted pint glass.

A - Pours golden, with a nice white head...- some lacing.

S - Hops and lots of sweet citrus -

T - Smooth & Bright! A good hop kick at the top, followed by some citrus, then ending with a bit of pine-like spices...Pleasant & refreshing!!

M - Great carbonation! There's a good fullness. Present, but not 'too' much fruity/sweet flavors...

D - This is a great east-coast stand-by!! I don't appreciate the last several 'B and C' grades some of the other members have given Harpoon IPA. The previous beer drinkers claim that this beer appears to be 'too-macro...' For cryin' out loud, this is one of the 1st post Bass IPAs that's been around forever (mid to early 90's) & paved the way for what everyone tastes now...was a fan in the back 'in the day' and remain one :~)

Best IPA ever! This beer has a beautiful deep coppery golden color. The aroma has a hoppy floral bouquet. Outstanding! The taste is wonderful. It tastes like toasty, hoppy, flowery, citrusy goodness. It has perfect balance of malt and hops. It has a terrific medium body which makes the drinkability easy and can been very habit-formering. I love Harpoon IPA.

This is another one of my go-to brews. It's sometimes hard to get but is often available in my area. It is a good session beer for me as the ABV is not too high and it goes well with most food. I haven't seen it outside of my area on recent vacations - I do check around to see what's available. So I guess I'm lucky that I can usually get this top-shelf selection.

This is the first time I tried the IPA, and it is one of the best I have tried. The taste is very smooth and goes very well with the smell. I think this might be my new favorite beer company.

From the label I would have not thought to try it, but I do know most IPA's are good. However this one has a perfect balance of taste, smell and feel. I will surely try it again.

Harpoon IPA from Harpoon Brewery & Beer Hall