1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Harpoon Imperial Pumpkin - Harpoon Brewery & Beer Hall

Harpoon Imperial PumpkinHarpoon Imperial Pumpkin

good

Harpoon Brewery & Beer Hall visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

American Double / Imperial Stout |  10.50% ABV

Availability: Fall

(Beer added by: BEERMILER12 on 08-16-2013)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Ratings: 125 | Reviews: 30 | Show All Ratings:
dpgoblejr

4.75/5  rDev +29.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I poured the beer from a 22oz bottle into a snifter glass. There was light carbonation with a small head and only a slight retention, plus very little lacing. The color was a very black dark/brown with a vague amber/red hue when it was held up to direct light. I could smell hints of chocolate, clove, some ginger/allspice, and pumpkin too. This half stout was very smooth and creamy with smokey, toasted malts and it was quite sweet; which I think helped to hide the 10.5 ABV. The taste was quite interesting, which, after reading the label I'm pretty sure was the blackstrap molasses and brown sugar mix. The mouthfeel was pleasant, though heavy, with no bitterness or aftertaste. I am a big fan of the fall/pumpkin style and stouts are my go to beer, so this was a no brainer. I think Harpoon was able to capture a very quality beer with this effort and I could not be happier to recommend this beer to anyone... who of course enjoys sweet pumpkin stouts!

02-22-2014 15:52:14 | More by dpgoblejr
Treyliff

West Virginia

4.06/5  rDev +10.9%
look: 3 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Poured into a snifter

A- Pours pitch black with nearly no light coming through, small and short-lasting dark tan head that disappears quickly leaving nothing at all behind

S- classic pumpkin aromas of nutmeg and cinnamon with a nice vanilla bean component, sweet creme brûlée, some roasted malt with milk chocolate and brown sugar, very inviting

T- upon first taste, its a bit sweeter than expected, the base stout is slightly roasty with some chocolate and a hint of coffee. The spices bring out some raw pumpkin gourd, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. The finish is sweet with a linger of pumpkin pie spices continuing

M- Medium body and carbonation, slick mouthfeel and finish, ABV is hidden very well

O- This one had some great pumpkin spice flavor, more complex than in most pumpkin flavored beers. The base stout was pretty simple and straight forward, but allowed the pumpkin and spices to be showcased. The vanilla component, along with a nice spice blend, made this a nice sipper. Reccomended for the pumpkin fans

12-09-2013 00:45:21 | More by Treyliff
donkeyrunner

3.9/5  rDev +6.6%

I don't like pumpkin ales. I don't like imperial pumpkin ales about twice as much as I dislike regular pumpkin ales. But about every September I have a hankerin' for a syrupy, artificial pie spice pumpkin bomb. It's a rite of the fall season.

A stout! Had I read the label I would have known that but for me Harpoon and pumpkin was enough to buy it. Pours dark brown, looks black in my festive, Thanksgiving mason jar. Foam didn't stay for very long. Not long at all.

Smells like ginger, nutmeg and hearty molasses. Tastes about the same. This beer really focuses on the spices and add ones and for a pumpkin stout there's neither much pumpkin nor stout. If I search I can find some vegetal gourd-iness though. Stout lacks any roast character but does a fine job as a base layer.

I loved it. A very successful pumpkin stout despite neither really succeeding in either of those departments. The unique spice and molasses mix brought a colonial feel which I found alluring in a Thanksgiving beer. I guess they wouldn't sell as much if they called it "Colonial feel molasses gourd spice beer." Very surprised and impressed with this one.

12-01-2013 14:11:38 | More by donkeyrunner
thehooksman

3.21/5  rDev -12.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3

Holding this up to the light, you CAN see through it. It isn't a usual stout black, but a beautiful dark red-brown. Would be a great appearance, but there was no head whatsoever.

The aroma is excellent, boasting big spice notes and dark fruit. It definitely smells like pumpkin pie baking in the oven. No real hop profile here.

The flavor is where I lose this one. It doesn't back up the aromas very well and is way too sweet. A lot of alcohol in the flavor. Take this brew in small amounts from a glass for strong ales. Don't make my mistake and pour yourself a pint.

The mouthfeel is nice: very rich and smooth, rather full body, and nice heat from the alcohol, but not over powering.

This isn't bad and I'd have it again. But I'll have it in small amounts for sipping. Otherwise it's just way too sweet.

11-25-2013 00:02:42 | More by thehooksman
dbrauneis

3.8/5  rDev +3.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

A: Pours a clear dark reddish brown in color with light amounts of gentle visible carbonation along the edges of the glass/surface of the beer and some cola brown highlights. The beer has a half finger tall sudsy foamy tan head that reduces to a couple of small to medium patches of thick film surrounded by a thin film covering the majority of the surface of the beer and a medium thick ring at the edges of the glass. Light amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Moderate to strong aromas of pumpkin pie spices - specifically cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and ginger. That is followed by lighter aromas of roasted pumpkin and roasted malts. Very light notes of dark fruits (plum + fig) as well as hints of chocolate.

T: Upfront there is a light to moderate flavor of roasted malts and roasted pumpkin with a light amount of dark fruit (plum + fig). There are moderate flavors of pumpkin pie spices - nutmeg, clover, cinnamon, and ginger. There are light notes of bittersweet chocolate. Light amounts of bitterness lingers through the finish.

M: Medium bodied with moderate to significant amounts of carbonation. Slightly fizzier than expected for the style with some light hints of alcohol warming in the finish as well.

O: I really enjoyed the fact that this has a lot of pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice flavors without being overly sweet - there is a nice flavor profile and a pleasant roastiness to it overall. I like the fact that they chose a porter/stout base for the beer. Pretty easy to drink and overall the alcohol is well hidden considering the strength. I'd get this one again.

11-11-2013 00:47:19 | More by dbrauneis
neophilus

3.08/5  rDev -15.8%

Pours black with a brown head. Some roasted grain, spices dominated by ginger, some cinammon and nutmeg in there as well. Flavor is a bit heavy on the ginger as well.

Ok I have to be honest, I just don't like pumpkin stouts. I've tried several of them and find the roasted grain clashes with the pie spicing. I think a maltier brown base goes better with that type of flavor and the acrid taste of roasted grain doesn't compliment it as well. This also is too heavy on the ginger which I don't appreciate either. Each to their own though.

In the end I think the ginger sinks this one. It's too tangy of a flavor against the bitter roasted grain. It's a good attempt, I detect no off flavors and I can't say anything is out of balance. It's a well made beer. Pumpkin stout is a style I really want to like, pairing a dark roasty beer with the autumn flavors of pie spicing seems like a fusion begging to happen, but so far I have not found the one that works for me.

11-01-2013 01:02:25 | More by neophilus
dheacck11

3.96/5  rDev +8.2%

Pour is pitch black. No real head. Almost oily.

Nose is rummy and sweet. Little hint of spice. Something a little funky though.

Taste is fascinating. Lots of sweet molasses. Nice hints of ginger. Little bit of booziness

Feel is pretty thick and full

Neat beer. A little on the sweet side and perhaps a bit unbalanced with the booze and sweet. But great on a cold fall night.

10-26-2013 23:02:13 | More by dheacck11
goochpunch

3.16/5  rDev -13.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

Pours out black. Brown on the edges when placed in the light. Smells like the full (sweet) spice rack. Roasted malts and fruity, estery yeast. Spices aren't as up front as I would have hoped. A good deal of burnt grain bitterness in the finish. Mouthfeel could be fuller and thicker for my tastes. This isn't bad, but I've had better pumpkin stout. Underwhelming.

10-20-2013 03:59:09 | More by goochpunch
DrDemento456

3.45/5  rDev -5.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

A - Even though its a high octane stout I expected more than a 1/4 inch of head that fizzes out quickly to nothing. Beer is spot on pitch black very deep hue.
S - An impressive array of spices with cinnamon and strong Nutmeg, some vegital notes but little to no roast.
T - Somewhat harsh biting alcohol on this one. Somewhat vegital biting with mostly nutmeg. Not very much sweet balancing malts or stout qualities of chocolate or roast. Disappointing.
M - Quite thin with a medium body wish the stout quality was greater to hide this massive ABV,

Overall I guess I burned almost 7 bucks on this one. A pretty terrible stout and an even worse pumpkin ale. Pass on it if you can even for 5 bucks not worth it.

10-16-2013 23:59:34 | More by DrDemento456
Gavage

3.68/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Appearance: pours a dark black color with a 1/4" head that falls to some big surface bubbles.

Smell: roasted malts, dark fruit sweetness, and a bit of spice comes through to the nose.

Taste: roasted malt, dark chocolates, raisins, some cinammon, and a hint of pumpkin is with a bit of alcohol warming.

Mouthfeel: medium-heavy in body. Smooth from start to finish. Long lasting aftertaste.

Overall: this beer is a slow sipper and is really just a big flavored stout with some pumpkin pie spice wrapped around it. Worth a try.

10-11-2013 23:27:40 | More by Gavage
oberon

2.9/5  rDev -20.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

I have really liked the big pumpkin stouts I have had so far this season.Pours nearly jet black except for a tinge of brown when held to the light,a half finger beige head atop.Nutmeg and clove stand out most in the nose along light alcohol and molasses-like sweetness,downhill from here.Somewhat fizzy and much lighter than expected in the mouth with harsh over spiced flavors and some stinging alcohol in the finish.Wow I have to say I was expecting something much better here...might be a drain pour.

10-09-2013 20:49:09 | More by oberon
kojevergas

2.5/5  rDev -31.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Acquired at Whole Foods HQ. 22 fl oz brown glass bottle with appealing simple label art and branded pry-off pressure cap served into a pilsner glass in me gaff in low altitude Austin, Texas. Reviewed live. Expectations are high. 10.5% ABV.

Served cold - straight from me fridge - and allowed to warm over the course of consumption. Side-poured with standard vigor as no carbonation issues are anticipated.

A: No bubble show forms as I pour.

Pours a half finger wide head of nice rich khaki colour; not as tan or rich as it could be, but it has a soft shiny complexion. Thickness and creaminess are a bit underplayed, but generally pretty good. Retention is poor - maybe 40 seconds at best. No lacing clings to the sides of the glass as the head recedes.

Body colour is a predictable opaque dark black; not quite a solid or jet black - the edges have a cola colour in the glass. Nontransparent/nontranslucent. No yeast particles are visible. I've seen more vibrant imperial stouts, but this one is generally appealing for the style.

Not unique or special, but there are no obvious flaws.

Sm: Pumpkin - mostly a puree, but there's a bit of gourd there. Doesn't come off as artificial as most pumpkin puree beers do. Still, real pumpkin would be preferable. Chocolate malt. Dark malts. Brown sugar. Molasses - I could do without that note. Plenty of evocative yet balanced spices: nutmeg, clove, allspice, cinnamon. I don't find any ginger. I do get some vague almond extract. Not as roasty as I'd like; it has very little roasted barley character at all. Unfortunately, I get a buried nebulous hint of anise/licorice (which I can't stand in a beer, especially when combined with molasses notes).

No hop/yeast character or alcohol is detectable.

Overall, it's an interesting aroma of moderate strength, and suggests that the flavour profile will live up to the pumpkin/imperial stout hybrid premise. I'm looking forward to trying it.

T: Hmph. Right off the first sip I can tell the spices and pumpkin clash somewhat with the dark malt/chocolate malt body. The finish (and most of the third act) is/are entirely too bitter, with troublesome anise/licorice mixing with the bitterness of the dying spices. Molasses lends an unnatural sweetness to the second act. Caramel. All the spices are packed in on the climax and in the third act, making it structurally imbalanced. I get allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. Too much nutmeg. The cinnamon also seems a bit strange, and distracts from the malts. Out-of-place green apple makes an appearance; that was a poor choice. There's an unwelcome baked brown sugar character throughout the beer which I'm none too keen on. The pumpkin itself has less presence than the spices, and isn't evocative; there's no true pumpkin or pumpkin gourd, just a vague puree/extract note that rings artificial (contrary to what the aroma suggested).

It does come off on the sweeter side, definitely. No hop character or yeast character comes through. I do notice an evident alcohol presence, which reduces the drinkability.

Depth of flavour is on the low side of average for the style, as is duration of flavour. Intensity of flavour is average for the style.

The harsh spice presence needs some real toning down. It definitely needs more pumpkin - and real pumpkin. Too sweet as well. It's an interesting stab at a pumpkin beer, but ultimately it's quite a mess. Imbalanced, with little cohesion; certainly not gestalt. Lacks any subtlety whatsoever, but it does attempt to bring the complexity - it just falls short on the execution. I wouldn't call it uninspired, it's just a failed experiment. I wouldn't say I like it per se.

Mf: Smooth and wet - too much so on both counts. Sticky. Overcarbonated. Lightly syrupy. Too thick/viscous. Has an unjustifiably overbearing presence on the palate for its lack of flavour and balance. It crosses the barrier from 'pleasant alcohol warmth' to 'unpleasant heat.' Doesn't suit the flavour profile well. It ought to be more dry and coarse, as well as a bit less thick and more approachable. Unrefreshing. Flawed execution.

Dr: While I'll finish the bottle alone, it's not the most drinkable beer - both due to its relative lack of quality and its troublesome mouthfeel. It's a deeply flawed beer, but I applaud the attempt to merge the concept of a pumpkin beer with the imperial stout style. Unfortunately, Harpoon fell well short of its aims, and we're left with a spice-dominant pumpkin-minimal beer that has none of the best attributes of its two constituent styles and many of the worst. I wouldn't get it again, nor would I recommend it to friends.

If you're going to brew a pumpkin beer, commit. Brew with real pumpkin, put in the time and effort, clean your messy tanks, and deliver. At the end of the day this beer seems like more an attempt to capitalize on the popularity of the pumpkin seasonal than a sincere attempt to satisfy drinkers.

High D+

09-27-2013 03:08:42 | More by kojevergas
lordofthewiens

Maine

3.99/5  rDev +9%

In a pint glass the beer was black in color with a small tan head.

Aroma of pumpkin, spice, molasses, and a hint of chocolate.

Nice taste. Pumpkin first, then cinnamon and allspice, followed by molasses. I didn't get the chocolate that I thought I detected in the aroma.

Sweeter than I expected and very smooth. The alcohol was extremely well-hidden.

09-26-2013 21:51:35 | More by lordofthewiens
Brad007

Vermont

4.03/5  rDev +10.1%
look: 5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Just in time for the fall season!

Pours a pitch black with a one-finger brown head into my glass. I suppose it could be a dark brownish tint as well.

Creamy with a good touch of nutmeg in the nose. Pumpkin pie stout is more like it. I'm not complaining.

Creamy and dry with hints of cocoa, nutmeg and perhaps vanilla(?) Warms the throat as it goes down.

Lingering cocoa and nutmeg. It's kind of harsh though with carbonation a little too high for my liking.

A decent stab at the holiday grab. Flavors could use some work (less carbonation, a more balanced touch of cocoa and nutmeg) but it fits the theme regardless.

09-22-2013 23:57:16 | More by Brad007
Franziskaner

Missouri

3.43/5  rDev -6.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Dark black in color. Just a slight bit of light gets through this one. Not much foam on the top of this one. I do see carbonation bubbles, though. Cinnamon, pumpkin, and nutmeg are prevalent. Mouthfeel is thick and chewy. The aroma seems to say pumpkin ale and the taste is pumpkin stout. I get licorice, the bitterness of the roasted malt, and some lingering sweetness of the molasses in the aftertaste. Interesting, but a bit off.

09-21-2013 03:11:54 | More by Franziskaner
Jwaks

3.25/5  rDev -11.2%

At first pour this beer states, "We're not fucking around." Harpoon has thrown down the gauntlet declaring war when it comes to imperial pumpkin ales. This shit pours a menacing opaque brown. Frightful and perfect for halloween. I love it!

Then, like a woman, my feelings changed on a dime. Love turned to like at first sniff with this beer's reticent nose with hints of baked pumpkin, caramel, toffee and light roasted notes. And first taste, well, it was not "noteworthy." Its densely packed with pumpkin, robust malt and dark smoke tinged caramel with a touch of baking spices. Mouthfeel? It's pretty impressive. That's what she said. Carbonation is just right to keep this beer lively and drinkable.

Overall. Awesome effort Harpoon! One outstanding quality of this beer is it's massive alcohol content, it's a Ron Jeremy sized 10.5% and it goes down like a 7% beer. There's just a hint of heat on the finish as a reminder of this beers brute strength.

Try it, you'll be glad you did rather than adding one more beer to the ever growing bin of regret just outside the skeleton filled closet.

09-20-2013 23:15:46 | More by Jwaks
twiggamortis420

3.71/5  rDev +1.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

22 oz bottle pours a surprisingly near black color with a small cap of tan head. Not much for retention or lace.

Nose is heavy on the spices with nutmeg and cinnamon leading the way. There is a certain apple fruitiness mixed with some autumnal leaves that is a bit different.

Taste shows the rich chocolate of a stout with plenty of pie spice and even a little kiss of grassy hops. Bold flavors with plenty of alcohol kick. Its interesting but I cant help comparing it to SA Pumpkinator, and its not quite as good. Though it is better than expected. Mouthfeel is just a bit thin and the alcohol flavors are a little too big. I think it is worth a try, and maybe even a repeat purchase or two.

09-16-2013 00:45:44 | More by twiggamortis420
puboflyons

4.09/5  rDev +11.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.25

From the 22 fl. oz. bottle. Sampled on September 15, 2013.

The pour is a gorgeous dark brown to nearly black with a short lasting tan fizzy head. Some ruby red hues around the edges. I do wish the head was a little silkier.

The aroma has a low pumpkin note but a much more forward dark fruit feel, ginger, molasses, and nutmeg scent.

The body is medium but the texture dissolves into carbonation bubbles rather quickly. Slight disappointment there.

Unlike the aroma, the taste brings forward a pumpkin and squash taste along with fig, ginger, and roasted malts with a low bitterness. But it tended to be boozy although that may well have been the hops playing up. I am confident at giving this a very good grade.

09-15-2013 17:00:21 | More by puboflyons
Danno48

West Virginia

4.14/5  rDev +13.1%
look: 3 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 4.25

Pumpkin ales.... They are everywhere now. How do we tell which ones are good?... Well it's easy to spot the good ones. And this is a good one. First of all I have waited forever for a pumpkin stout and now that it is here I am more than pleased. Great flavor. Very sweet and choc full of punkin and a touch of chocolate from the chocolate malt. Hops to take a backseat to the insane amount of sweetness and malt. But great beer.

09-15-2013 00:55:43 | More by Danno48
superspak

4.1/5  rDev +12%

22 ounce bottle into snifter, bottled on 7/18/2013. Pours pitch black color with a 1 finger dense tan head with good retention, that reduces to a thin lace cap that lingers. Light spotty lacing clings on the glass. Aromas of big dark chocolate, cocoa, roasted malt, pumpkin, cinnamon, clove, ginger, nutmeg, toast, molasses, brown bread, and roasted earthiness. Very nice aromas with good balance and complexity of roasted/dark malt, pumpkin, and spice notes; with good strength. Taste of dark chocolate, cocoa, roasted malt, pumpkin, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, molasses, toast, ginger, brown bread, and toasted earthiness. Lingering notes of chocolate, roasted malt, cocoa, pumpkin, cinnamon, toast, clove, nutmeg, brown sugar, and toasted earthiness on the finish for a good bit. Very nice balance and complexity of roasted malt, pumpkin, and spice flavors; with great robustness and zero cloying flavors after the finish. Light-medium carbonation and fairly full bodied; with a very creamy and moderately slick mouthfeel that is nice. Alcohol is very well hidden with only a slight warming noticed after the finish. Overall this is an excellent imperial pumpkin stout. All around great balance and complexity of stout and pumpkin ale flavors; and very smooth to sip on for 10.5%. A very enjoyable offering.

09-14-2013 07:03:43 | More by superspak
mountdew1

3.75/5  rDev +2.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

Poured into an oversize wine glass. A nice dark brown opaque with a hint of reddish color. A very thin head that had nice cling and a bit of dirty white color. Aroma was strongly of canned pumpkin puree. Tad of burnt molasses aroma as well. Flavor was sweet, almost too sweet. Bit of spice hiding under the sweet, and finished off with a bit of bitter. Over time it mellowed out and developed the pumpkin pie flavor Felt great in the mouth, coated as it should, just a bit of tingle on the tongue. Overall it was a good stout, with a decent pumpkin flavor.

09-09-2013 22:46:52 | More by mountdew1
BB1313

3.3/5  rDev -9.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

22oz bottle poured into a snifter. Pours black with a small khaki head that fades very quickly and doesn't leave any lacing or retention at all, but it has nice color. The aromas are pretty subtle with hints of milk chocolate, anise, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Lots of cocoa malts. The flavors are rich and seem to be dominated by dark chocolates. This is has a nice roastiness to it. There's a subtle bitterness. I'm picking up the cinnamon and ginger in the finish for sure, but it's not an overload. Molasses is in the mix. It finishes kind of spicy. There's a subtle touch of alcohol warming, but it's barely noticeable and it's definitely not boozy. Mouthfeel is nice. It's full-bodied and fluffy; almost thin, but there's definitely body to it. It's a pretty easy drinking beer, but doesn't make a bad sipper.

This is a very solid beer. It has a nice blend of chocolates and spices. It's really nothing to write home about, but it's pretty enjoyable. This would hit the spot when it's cold outside.

09-09-2013 22:42:57 | More by BB1313
far333

3.19/5  rDev -12.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Dark chestnut colored with a thick beige head that rises up frothy and bubbly, then slowly settles out. Low aroma of vegetal notes and spice. Rich flavor upfront, malty with caramel notes, some toffee, then a sharp intrusion of nutmeg and clove. No cinnamon, no pumpkin. Good mouthfeel, rich and full, but it can't salvage this one for me. Way too spicy and a bit one-dimensional.

09-09-2013 01:35:51 | More by far333
SawDog505

3.73/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Poured into my Flying Dog tulip. Pours a really dark brown, with a two inch dark tan head, that settles rather quickly, leaving minimal lace. Smell is pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, and some light chocolate notes. Taste is massive, loads of pumpkin, nutmeg, and cinnamon up front, with molasses, dark chocolate, almond, and a hint of alcohol in the finish. Body a touch thin for me, plenty of life, not dry, and goes down very easy for its abv and I am sure it being medium thin in body helps that. I look at this like a blend of a style I love Imperial stouts and a style I don't love, pumpkin beers. Wish it was a more hearty imperial stout with some pumpkin pie flavors, not the case, huge pumpkin flavors, with the stout color. Still a solid beer at a reasonable price, and it leaves its mark. Unforgettable!

09-06-2013 23:41:04 | More by SawDog505
palma

4.19/5  rDev +14.5%

Oooh a nice imperial pumpkin black and tan.

This beer is very good all around with the highlight in the nose. Aroma of nutmeg, clove, cinnamon, cocoa. Excellent roasted stout flavor with pumpkin pie notes.

A beer that hits the spot perfectly when you are looking for something like this.

Harpoon with an excellent vision with this beer. Not many beers like this. A successful one-off. Hope they decide to continue to brew this annually.

09-04-2013 01:17:22 | More by palma