Microbrew Invitational

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.82/5  rDev n/a

Brewsters BrewPub is great for following the seasons and offering appropriate brews for the weather. (Such as their winter Barley Wine.) Thus, when I discovered they had a summer seasonal Kristall Weizen on tap during a very hot summer day, the choice was obvious.

The appearance is golden-honey coloured, very clear, with only a small layer of foam, off-white. I think it was the type of glass used which prevented the head from being any bigger. Sparkling. Light copper and subtle browns in the hue. Fairly typical weizen appearance. The aroma is somewhat hard to coax from the beer: I had to wait until it was somewhat warmer, and then I had to really swirl it to release the smells. What I did smell was excellent though: fruity bananas and apples, with some pears or mango, and a very authentic German-like wheat aroma. Some yeasty smells. Very noticeable apple notes. Appetising, WHEN you can smell it. The taste is banana and apples as well, with a decent enough lingering slightly sweet/tart finish. I noticed the hops right away on the front of the tongue, which pleased me greatly. Crisp malted wheat, with a little more hop presence than a lot of Kristall Weizens I have tried. Carbonation leaves a little foaminess in the mouth and tickles the tongue slightly, just as it should. Light to medium body. This is very drinkable on a dehydrating summer day; refreshing and crisp, it quenches the thirst and satisfies the tastebuds.

Kristall Weizen from Brewsters Brewing Company & Restaurant - Lake Bonavista
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.