Blonde Lager - Rahr & Sons Brewing Company

Munich Helles Lager |  4.80% ABV

Beer added by: TastyTaste on 09-21-2004

3.53/5  rDev +6%

12oz bottle served 45 degrees

Pours a really good looking golden hue.Nice carbonation,I had this a few years ago and it really didn't have as much carbonation as it does now.It could just be me but I love the level of carbonation.It smells malty with a hint of biscuits and grain.Taste of sweet malt and lots of grain but I think it really taste good.Not much in the way of hop or bitters but it's still a good sip.Mouth feel is very light but o so pleasant.Would love one of these sitting at my favorite fishing hole on a hot day.Overall I would say this beer would be a great beer to get some newbies to try.But I will also enjoy a few of these the next time I cookout with my friends.Enjoy my friends!

3.05/5  rDev -8.4%

Rahr & Sons Blonde pours to a pale straw color. The body of the beer is clear and the nose is crisp, combining pale malt with light grassy/earthy notes and biscuits. The foam isn’t too bad at first, but it doesn’t last very long and leaves little or no lacing.

Rahr & Sons Blonde has a bread- like flavor with some apple fruit notes up front, followed by the taste of light spice in the finish. The taste is sweet overall, but has just enough bitterness and light spice in the flavor profile to keep it from going overboard in the sweetness category.

This beer is certainly a drinkable one and it offers a good deal of crisp, clean, sweet malt to make it drinkable and acceptable to most. The body of the beer is a little thin, but I still find it good and its lightness makes it nice for the hot days of summer.

Overall, a good effort from Rahr & Sons and one I wouldn’t turn down if it was offered to me. It doesn’t blow you away, but it is quaffable and good as a session beer.

3.5/5  rDev +5.1%

My brother-in-law shared one of these with me on my recent trip to Texas.

Pours a bright yellow with a quarter inch of soft, white head. Both the nose and the flavor are identical. Both are straw-like and wheaty with faint grassy hop notes. This has an overall light body that’s smooth and crisp.

This is a very simple beer. It’s too style, but leaves me wanting something a little more flavorful. The flavor is correct and it’s good, but it’s just not intense or forward enough for me. I’m glad I tried it though.

3.75/5  rDev +12.6%

2.13/5  rDev -36%

A pale beer with a thin white head. Has a musky, skunky smell. A really dry beer with a papery, cardboard taste. Otherwise really plain. Aftertaste does not linger too long so it is not unbearable. Texas has a lot better blonde ales to offer such as Bombshell and Fireman's #4.

3.15/5  rDev -5.4%

Pours a pale yellow, nice clarity, fluffy white head that sticks around and leaves ok lacing.

The aroma is of buttered biscuit, bready, malty, touch of caramel with some grassy and floral elements.

Biscuit with touch of caramel, grass, and floral hints. Simple but good.

Thin, crisp, bright, and easy to drink.

Overall, an average, light bodied, easy drinking beer.

Blonde Lager from Rahr & Sons Brewing Company