10 Barrel to brew Pine Box Bar next anniversary beer

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by t4h2c0, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t4h2c0

t4h2c0 Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2007 Washington

10 Barrel Brewing Company from Bend, OR is going to brew the pineboxbar.com (seattle) next anniversary beer. It will be a Berliner Weisse style beer.
    Hopefully it will be sour as hell, I haven't had any sours from 10 Barrel yet, but Tonya Cornett has been doing a great job at 10 barrel. I am looking forward to this!
    Also as a side note. Pine Box 1st anniversary beer (a cinnamon imperial stout(ish) beer) brewed by Fremont Brewing is currently sitting in barrels (not sure if they are bourbon or whiskey) gaining more flavor!!!
    2014 should be a good beer year...

jpbebeau likes this.
  2. distantmantra

distantmantra Pooh-Bah (2,954) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Trader

10 Barrel's sours are really nice. German Sparkle Party, Cucumber Crush and Raspberry Crush were all awesome.

3. GiveMeNoBeer

GiveMeNoBeer Initiate (0) Oct 14, 2013 Washington

Sounds nice. I wonder if it'll be a straight BW or if they'll fruit it kinda like Bottleworks XII

Also good news about 1st Nail. I think that beer was delicious and barrels will only do great things for it. I'm glad they decided to make it again.

4. sharpski

sharpski Pooh-Bah (2,806) Oct 11, 2010 Canada (BC)
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

My bet is they'll get a custom flavor rather than a special batch of straight BW; she's done cherry, apricot, pumpkin, and maybe one or two more in addition to the aforementioned cucumber and raspberry. All have been successes in my book, especially liked the cooling effect of the cucumber, but none were super sour. They also had a FB post on 12/18 showing a picture of new bottling equipment to allow them to bottle sours.

5. dirtylou

dirtylou Grand Pooh-Bah (3,266) May 12, 2005 Oklahoma
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

My assumption is they made it once, and stuck some in barrels to be released in 2014. It was so cinnamon-heavy when it came out. I'm hoping that's fading...

6. distantmantra

distantmantra Pooh-Bah (2,954) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Trader

I've seen cases of 1st Nail sitting in the brewery within sight of the UBG bar recently. Looks like they held on to some.

7. Smurf2055

Smurf2055 Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2011 Washington

Correct. Talked to Dean about this. There are two barrels (want to say Heaven Hills, same as B-bomb and KDS) of it that have been aging since last year, and their plan is to bottle either all of it, or all but two 1/6th barrels of it. I think it was all of it.

fsck and GiveMeNoBeer like this.
  8. Texwild

Texwild Zealot (550) May 1, 2008 Washington

The First Nail is aging in 10-25 year old bourbon barrels from Heaven Hills and will be released when Dean and Ian and us think it is ready....tasting good now but time is our friend. Very excited for the Second Nail from 10 Barrel.

waltersrj, bgramer, Jaap and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.