1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

10 Best Vacation Cities for Beer Lovers

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by mjshearer1, Jun 19, 2012.

1. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 18, 2010

DStoked is from Ohio. Clearly he's being ironic.

2. azorie

azorie Advocate (725) Florida Mar 18, 2006

Well one never knows anymore, its why i put these in if I am joking or not being serious;).
    Many folks have never traveled outside their home base and actually believe the crap that is written....

3. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 18, 2010

I never said he was being ironic on purpose.

azorie likes this.
  4. ZachStone625

ZachStone625 Disciple (70) Aug 12, 2012

Just spent a weekend in Bend. Only got halfway through the ale trail, we were under the wrong impression of a two-pint rule to earn a stamp from each brewery. Even though it turned out not to be a rule, how else can we justify experiencing a brewpub?

Fantastic beer and a fascinating place. I hope to go there September 7th or slightly after for the Deschute's release of the Dissident. And for the four 4 oz samples you get there just for showing up, including their XXIV (YES!)

Grew up in Colorado Springs, am no stranger to the New Belgium and northern state brew areas, but had no idea Durango is also a good place. I'll have to check it out.

5. jomobono

jomobono Savant (400) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2012

I wonder if anyone else has described Heady Topper as "brutally bitter"

6. BlueRogue

BlueRogue Advocate (615) Maine May 1, 2011

Nice to see Portland, Maine on there. I felt it should be on the list but started to wonder if it would be after they already listed the other Portland (Oregon) and another New England city (Burlington, VT).

7. Take a trip north to Montreal, there is plenty to visit for the beer geeks in you!

8. socon67

socon67 Advocate (660) New York Jun 18, 2010

Some of the ones that made the list seemed a bit surprising, but to each his own. I'd also say Philly was a surprise to not be on the list. I was in Milwaukee last month and loved the local stuff. But wouldn't Chicago be an even better choice?

9. Reinbeck11

Reinbeck11 Savant (325) Iowa Aug 15, 2012

Lived in Richmond for 12 years and in Staunton for 1 1/2 and never knew Charlottesville was a beer hotbed, but there were plenty of other reasons I visited there. I would consider myself a bit old for the girls of UVA now.

I whole heartedly suggest a trip to the area and since the beer is good and they keep it cool I definately would suggest all of you visit.

10. MSmooth

MSmooth Aficionado (100) Colorado Sep 28, 2006

Really looking forward to a visit to Grand Rapids tomorrow!