1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

100 Tappers

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by BeerIsland, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Folks, I'm looking to find out roughly how many operating 100 tap beer bars are out there. The information does not seem readily available. Just post up any that you know of. Thanks for your help.

2. bump8628

bump8628 Savant (485) Oklahoma Feb 21, 2008

Mayor of Old Town in Fort Collins, CO and Tapwerks in Oklahoma City are two that come to mind.

3. The Sunset Grill in Boston has over 100. 110 I think.

4. Most if not all Yard House locations have over 100

luwak likes this.
  5. Demer

Demer Aficionado (225) New Jersey Dec 13, 2010

The volume of customers you need to have 100 taps is insane otherwise your sitting on a lot of old beer because you will not turn 100 lines very quickly.

6. luwak and puboflyons like this.
  7. This is a good resource.

8. Blueribbon666

Blueribbon666 Advocate (525) Ohio Jul 4, 2008

Ugh, no listings for OH IO...who's up for seeing that change?? Buckeye BAs RISE UP! We could call it Tapped Out!:rolleyes:Seriously though I think Demer is spot on.

9. Sadly, that's not enough to discourage these places. When one multi-tap joint (no longer opened - came and went quickly) opened near me, I used to sit down, look quickly at the menu (at least this place had one) and then naively say, "Oh, geez, I just can't decide with all these choices! What have you just tapped recently?"

I thought it was a clever way to avoid the old stuff, but the bartender always pleaded ignorance. :(

Last time I stopped in - new name over the door, 5-6 taps, Yuengling Lager the only non-AB or MC product.

Horbar likes this.
  10. champ103

champ103 Champion (870) Texas Sep 3, 2007

Not at 100 taps, but Hay Merchant in Houston has about the biggest turnover of taps I have seen in a high volume beer bars. 80 taps, plus 5 casks. They routinely change out 20 new beers a day, weekends much more. I have never seen a place that consistently gives out this high of quality with that amount of volume.

11. Jason311

Jason311 Aficionado (105) Virginia Dec 18, 2012

Capital Ale House in VA. Out of 5 stores the lowest is 60 Taps the most is 100

12. Todd

Todd Founder (1,440) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

There's over 70 locations world-wide with over 100 taps in the database; I'm guessing more if we had the info.

Mothergoose03 and luwak like this.
  13. Daemose

Daemose Savant (480) Texas Oct 3, 2011

All of the Flying Saucer locations have > 100, if I remember correctly.

14. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

Don't know how many ppl have been here buts for a city no normally associated with beer

http://www.tapwerks.com/

in OKC (Oklahoma City) is pretty cool.
    they claim it is up to 212 now

i was there for around NYE two years ago (and yes, i know there's only one reason to go to OKC on NYE and that's why i was there....now you know something dirty about me lol)

15. Slaters 50/50 in SD usually has over 100.

JustXBeer likes this.
  16. dfillius

dfillius Savant (430) Michigan Jan 15, 2006

The new Hop Cat East Lansing (due to open summer 2013) has claimed that they will have 100 taps.

17. My wallet and liver both fear a new Hop Cat opening, especially much closer to where I live!

18. Thanks one and all for your responses !

19. sukwonee

sukwonee Advocate (550) Washington Dec 13, 2011