1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

'11 BCBS (2nd Release)

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by JeepCop, Mar 20, 2012.

1. raymo55

raymo55 Savant (475) Michigan Oct 3, 2011

Hope that clumsy bastard was fired...haha

2. That picture upsets me deeply...

3. dsal89

dsal89 Advocate (505) Indiana Jul 6, 2008

So what i have gained from this thread is that it will be end of march...in june...only in chicago...which one is it?

I just finished off the last of what i had and i need some more.

4. Times like this makes me wish GI would have a sierranevadabill-like ba to better answer these questions.

VonZipper, pschul4 and dsal89 like this.
  5. Like Vav already said - when it's ready. I would not count on anything specific until the beer has been packaged and sent out to distributors.

In the meantime, we can look forward to trying this:

dsal89 likes this.
  6. dsal89

^^Im fairly impatient haha

But those looks interesting. Ill have to get my hands on some!

7. Not sure where else to mention this, so... why not here? Via Twitter, a preview of an upcoming F&W beer -- something for sour fans to look forward to:
    @Art_By_Saro Aboslutely! Dave is part of the team making a Wheat Lambic for later in the year.

8. Okay, who besides me thought ... Meh, I'd easily grab a straw and start cleaning that up with no problem?!

9. Durb777

Durb777 Savant (425) Illinois Nov 30, 2011

I Did!

10. quinnsi

quinnsi Savant (330) Illinois Nov 22, 2008

I heard yesterday from a somewhat reliable source at Goose that the 2nd batch of BCS is on its way, but will be distributed mainly to markets who didn't get it the first time (AKA not Chicago). Guess we'll see.

I also heard that the batch size from the next batch of BCS is growing by 6x, to 25,000 cases up from 4,000.

11. dsal89

^^im happy to hear that.

As long as the quality doesnt lack im happy to have more on the market.

12. dsal89

Also, a few places in Indiana i went to got very limited allotments of it...i hope they get more

13. pschul4

pschul4 Advocate (625) Illinois Jan 7, 2011

1st part = :(
    2nd part = :) :)

14. If the first part is true, it is bogus. I'm all for sharing the goods with other regions, but when the first release was nearly impossible to land locally it's BS that they would skip their loyal fans in leiu of widening their distribution.

When the batch size is larger next year, absolutely distribute farther. But to forget the local fans that grew the business initially is, again, BS.

Hope this rumor is false.

The22Lou and chi16brew like this.
  15. Hey, thats how i feel about KBS...

anyways, looks like BCBCS is showing up today in Southeastern Michigan.

16. mtrog313

mtrog313 Savant (300) Michigan Feb 28, 2012

Has there been any sightings? I checked with several of my regukar stores and no one had heard anything

17. aefbjo

aefbjo Savant (275) Bahamas Jun 8, 2005

This has been pushed back several months from initial reports now. And my local store guy told me like six weeks ago that it could arrive the following week. Wonder what the delay is, I thought they aged each batch for the same amount of time? Anyway, I'll hope to grab some, but I'm not going to go crazy over it. Made it through my five bottles of the first batch already.

18. so much for getting more bottles...

19. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

JakeT469 and sliverX like this.
  20. stayclean

stayclean Savant (360) Wisconsin Mar 17, 2012

"
    Goose Island Fans,
    Many of you have been asking us questions about the release of the second batch of the 2011 vintage of Bourbon County Brand Stout. We appreciate the enthusiasm and now have some facts that we can share to shed some light on our timing and distribution plans. We will be releasing this batch in draft only. We feel that this will allow more drinkers a chance to get to enjoy Bourbon County. Based on our current production schedule we expect Bourbon County kegs to begin leaving the brewery beginning the week of May 14th at the earliest.
    The states receiving shipments will be: IL, AR, IA, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NE, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WI, and DC
    Cheers,
    Adam Lilly
    Brand Director
    Goose Island Beer Company"

21. C2H5

C2H5 Savant (435) Illinois Jan 7, 2012

What? draft only? No bottles??

22. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

Aint that a kick in the balls.

C2H5 likes this.
  23. wsnich

wsnich Savant (410) Texas Apr 26, 2010

ISO: (pre) 2011 BCBS Growler. FT: Many tears.

VonZipper likes this.
  24. Kayn169

Kayn169 Savant (255) Illinois Jan 9, 2011

Wow ... I like how they posted right after the first wave, that the 2nd wave would be much larger, and we would basically be swimming in the stuff. Now this. While I greatly appriciate the effort, I really wish they wouldn't have made it sound like tons would get distributed again. I might have savored the few I got, had I known

25. great, another year of ignoring all the copious sofie and matilda on the shelves while i wait for the beer i do want.

sadface.

atoulouk and StoutFest like this.
  26. leedorham

leedorham Champion (835) Washington Apr 27, 2006

Yeah, what gives? Have WA, OR, and CA not proven that we love beer more than Jesus and Santa Claus combined? Give us drink your beer!

27. funhog

funhog Savant (440) Illinois Mar 8, 2011

Thanks for the cut and paste, taken down from Facebook already!

28. aefbjo

I for one am happy to look for it on draft in Chicago! Love getting the chance to drink it on tap. Happy sipping!

29. JeepCop

JeepCop Aficionado (245) Kansas May 16, 2010

Uggg... won't be trading my remaining '11 bottles now. This sucks! :(

30. aefbjo

Just drink 'em! Then get some friends, go to the bar, order a round, and drink some more! Although if this turns into a bunch of scheduled tappings and having to show up at X-o'clock to scramble for a pour, then maybe not.

31. JeepCop

JeepCop Aficionado (245) Kansas May 16, 2010

Not a bad idea... if Kansas was getting any.

32. chronie

chronie Aficionado (180) Illinois Aug 1, 2011

How about this, Goose Island. Bottle that shit but release it at the brewery. Make it Chicago only. Make it so the loyal, local fans can get their share.

However, you don't do this. You feed the hype and give half of America just enough of a taste to go crazy.

psychotia likes this.
  33. psychotia

psychotia Savant (375) Minnesota Jun 27, 2009

Mmm... hype! I can't get enough!! Seriously though, where in MN will this appear? I need to get my tent out to ensure I get the share to which I am entitled!

Mscarpen likes this.
  34. paslaugh

paslaugh Aficionado (170) Illinois Feb 17, 2012

Spreading the distribution so thin is just a marketing ploy to increase demand/hype in local markets that haven't had it before. How about drumming up that hype once you can actually service those markets with the expanded capacity? Considering at the going rate they can't even service Chicago?

Last thing I want to do is rub up against a bunch of dudes at a packed bar to get a 6oz pour of BCBS for $10. As much as I want to support local business, I don't want to support active and aggressive price gouging.

Icing on the cake: When I called a few of my distribution contacts and tried to order a 1/6th keg, I was told this is a bar and restaurant only release.

i.e. AnBev is using BCBS to establish relationships with bars and are probably strong-arming them to take all CoorsMiller products off their taps if they want a shot at having BCBS. I'd bet that the hype involved with a BCBS keg along with all of the other product sold that night can mean a very profitable night for any bar/restaurant with the price gouging that goes on.

This is why big business is bad folks, no matter how good the beer continues to taste.

35. That's a bit of a leap.

36. The22Lou

The22Lou Aficionado (200) Oregon Jun 1, 2011

i wouldnt be surprised. Anyone in chicago know where these guys are going to be tapped at?

37. Vav

Vav Savant (495) Illinois Jul 27, 2008

I'm not sure you could be any more wrong.

By keeping it in kegs, it keeps the beer available for special releases/events/parties/tap takeovers, things that are WAY better for a brand.

To put what little amount into 4pks would be inflating the "hype/demand" factor due to the trading/collecting culture. Rather than do that, people get to DRINK the beer.

ABInBev, not AMBev, has nothing to do with how BCS is being distributed/released.

I'm not quite sure how a bar/restaurant having a good night's take is a BAD thing, and since beer is not a necessity, there's no way it can be "price gouged."

But, all that said, if you want a 1/6 of BCS, gimme a jingle, i'll getcha one.

If you're not buying, though, that means plenty of delicious BCS for everyone else :)

TravisMBinns and MarcatGSB like this.
  38. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

I don't think that BCBS will be replacing anything from MillerCoors at any pubs. The bar owners that have 6 taps of Bud Light, Crs Light, ML, etc won't even be offered BCBS, it's not like Goose is just driving around dropping off kegs of this stuff.

39. Lansman

Lansman Savant (400) Illinois Mar 19, 2011

Can't wait for these kegs to hit the Chicago market in May/June. If there is one beer I crave in the hot summer days in Chicago, it is BCBS.

Vav likes this.