1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

12 South Winter Warmer (Nashville, TN)

Discussion in 'US - South' started by jbrana, Nov 14, 2012.

1. jbrana

jbrana Aficionado (105) Tennessee Mar 7, 2012

Figured I'd start a thread for this since we're only a couple weeks out. Who's going? Heard of anything interesting that's going to be there? I heard Calfkiller and Yazoo have done a collaboration for the festival.

2. sommersb

sommersb Advocate (580) Tennessee May 25, 2010

I'm signed up to volunteer and will be pouring in the first shift. Also signed up for the 6K run that morning - hoping for some nice weather!

The Oskar Blues 10 Fidy cask with bourbon and cocoa nibs sounds might fine. Also looking forward to Flat 12 -- never tried any of their brews.

3. We will have a cask of the Green Flash/Cigar City Candella Cedar-aged barleywine the night before at the pre-party. CalfKiller is bringing back Drunken Spider plus a few more barrel aged variations of Classic Stout and J. Henry. We are getting some super rare stuff in from GFBC that we will showcase. Look for Straight to Ale to be bringing some barrel aged goodies as well as maybe Good People.

sommersb likes this.
  4. Me, my wife, aunt, and uncle in law are all going. We're all super stoked for it. This is the first I've really heard about what's going to be there. So far it all sounds delicious and I want to be there now.

5. Just saw this from their twitter (I just took a screenshot, they had the link posted though if anyone wants it)...
    [​IMG]
    That sounds really interesting, I'm looking froward to trying that!

sommersb likes this.
  6. harperman69

harperman69 Savant (355) Tennessee Feb 11, 2009

Just listed on FB that there would be 8 different cask beers. Getting pumped!

7. jbrana

jbrana Aficionado (105) Tennessee Mar 7, 2012

Anyone traveling in for this and want to do an IP beer swap?

8. harperman69

9. harperman69

I have two extra tickets. I'll trade them for beer!

10. So, the fest was freaking awesome! What did you all think? Favorites? What's the status report from my fellow BAs?

11. sommersb

sommersb Advocate (580) Tennessee May 25, 2010

Tons of amazing beers, its hard to pick a favorite. The Highland Trippel I was pouring was very tasty, and I had several good barleywines.