1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

13th Annual Real Ale fest at BAR in NH, CT

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by bigedct, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Hautacam

Hautacam Savant (355) Connecticut Nov 5, 2005

Lot of great beers. NEB Gold Stock, 2 Roads Igor, Tullycross Flux, Capt L ESB and that amazing double dry hopped DIPA, Red Hook dry hopped ESB, Willi Olde Ale , ZoK sour cherry Rodenzock, Maltose DIPA, Sebago Bub black IPA.
    Great time.
    Jeff does it again ..., best beer Fest CT has to offer !
    Crowded, but great people , brewers and owners pouring , awesome pizza.
    Gold Stock ; holy shit ! Most unique ; and this years batch .... Love it !
    There were a lot more great brews that I am not remembering .
    CT can take pride in the awesome breweries that we have.
    ILOVESTOUTS and woosterbill like this.
  2. seplo

seplo Savant (445) Connecticut Sep 8, 2009

Let me say again. I am not taking anything away from Jeff Browning as a person and member of the beer community(i said somewhat the same thing in one of my previous posts). My problem is (and again IMO) his beers are lackluster. As for the damn good stout, i was there with 2 good friends and fellow BA's and ordered a pitcher of of that and some pizza.Needless to say the pizza was gone and each of us only had about a 1/4 of our glasses of that beer. In our opinion that beer was AWFUL, but i will say if i was at a party and it was a choice between BMC and BAR beer i would drink the BAR beer all night and be happy
  3. seplo

seplo Savant (445) Connecticut Sep 8, 2009

Oh, i'll be at Prime tonite for the NEBCo tap takeover so if you want to tell me your opinion or why you think im wrong feel free to. I dont shy away from debates....CHEERS
  4. drocpsu

drocpsu Savant (250) New Hampshire Dec 25, 2006

This may be a dumb question, but What is BAR?
  5. BAR is a nightclub, pizzeria, and brewpub all in one. It's located in downtown New Haven, and specializes in (IMO) bad-to-mediocre-to-very-occasionally-good English-style ales as well as delicious thin-crust pizza. Their mashed potato & bacon white pie is especially, and justifiably, renowned in the area.
    smutty33 likes this.
  6. Gmr75

Gmr75 Savant (375) Connecticut Apr 30, 2002

So true. Damn. I read your post, and I now want it for breakfast!
  7. yeah, the mashed potato is delicious, but give me a Sea Hag and a medium white clam at Modern, and i don't know that i can be happier!
  8. Make that Sea Hag a pitcher of Gold Stock and I'll agree with you; Modern is by far my favorite all-around pizza spot in town. Cheers!
    Hautacam, sandman3479 and tehzachatak like this.
  9. Oh if I ever happened to be in Modern when they had Gold Stock on tap...
  10. Agreed on all aspects.
  11. And I live a block away! :D
  12. drocpsu

drocpsu Savant (250) New Hampshire Dec 25, 2006

Thanks for that! I thought the title meant it was some place in New Hampshire and Connecticut! Thought it was somewhere that i hadnt heard of. Haha. Oh well.