14th Star Brewing

Discussion in 'New England' started by Brad007, Dec 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brad007

Brad007 Pooh-Bah (2,797) Mar 28, 2007 Vermont
    Pooh-Bah

Just a head's up about 14th Star. Picked up some Maple Breakfast Stout and Tribute DIPA in cans at the brewery. There's a third beer in cans now, Gallantry and it's a pale ale.

I'm impressed with the beer I've had so far from this brewery. Tribute is a marvelous DIPA and it's backed by several solid tap choices. I'd recommend the Roasted Porter currently on tap at 5.1%.

Flashy and Givemebeer like this.
  2. tkdchampxi

tkdchampxi Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2010 New Jersey

Drinking the Maple Breakfast Stout right now, canned 12/16/14. Nice and roasty. Refreshing, but could use more mouthfeel. I just want my breakfast stouts to be thicker

3. Jmr85

Jmr85 Pundit (780) Nov 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

Are cans sold outside of the brewery?

4. Jmr85

Trader

To specify around the Burlington area??

5. polarbear14

polarbear14 Initiate (0) May 11, 2012 Vermont

Yes, though they haven't been lasting on shelves too long. Bevy, Pearl Street and 802BWS have all had them among others. $14.99 for a four pack of 16 oz cans.

6. Jmr85

Trader

Thanks. I tried maple breakfast stout at the Brewers fest last year and thought it was pretty good. My sister is going up to Burlington for the next few days so I'll have her look around for me. If anyone's interested in trading some 14th star stuff message me. I can get nebco and treehouse stuff

7. jamesewelch

jamesewelch Initiate (0) May 11, 2012 Vermont

Yes. Last week was the first canning run, so they sold rather quickly. They've only had one canning so far. The first batch of cans didn't have the final artwork (the cans were silver rather than colored) and since it was holidays, they went pretty fast. I don't think there's any cans from that first run remaining, unless a store hid or kept it in reserve (no idea why).

They plan on doing another canning the 1st or 2nd week of January and then do regular every-other-week cannings for a bit to get started. Their goal is to distribute the cans statewide, but it may take a few months to get to that point since they also just did a massive brew scale upgrade/expansion.

8. ResIpsaLoquitur

ResIpsaLoquitur Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2010 New York
    Trader

I found the maple stout underwhelming, with little maple flavor and a mouthfeel far too thin for a stout.

BoldRulerVT likes this.
  9. FloppyTopper

FloppyTopper Initiate (0) Oct 3, 2013 Vermont

Picked up the Tribute DIPA at my local bevy in SW VT. A solid DIPA which I will no doubt buy again. Can't go wrong with a fresh, canned, DIPA from VT. I'm still waiting for Second Fiddle to make it down here… Saw lots of Mastermind over the summer and fall, but very few cases of SF now. Guess Tribute will do the trick in the meantime.

10. NickDrista

NickDrista Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2013 Massachusetts

I had tribute at the Res and it was ok. Hopefully it's better in a can

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.