1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

20 taps at Alberta Street Public House

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by blackwing, Apr 9, 2012.

1. blackwing

blackwing Member

Newest tap addition:
    1. Redstone Black Raspberry Mead
    Week of 4/8 also pouring on draught:
    2. Fort George "Working Girl" Coffee Porter
    3. Bear Republic "Racer 5" IPA
    4. Dogfish Head "90 Minute" 2xIPA
    5. Smithwick's Irish Ale
    6. Trumer Pils
    7. Stiegl Lager
    8. Stone Pale Ale
    9. Franziskaner Weissbier
    10. Green Flash Double Stout -later switching to Green Flash "Palate Wrecker" 2xIPA
    11. Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale (nitro)
    12. Old Speckled Hen (nitro) -later switching to Schoenramer Golden Lager
    13. Ninkasi Spring Reign
    14. Fearless Scottish Ale
    15. Guinness Stout (nitro)
    16. Off The Rails "Over The Mountain" 2x Chocolate Stout
    17. Boneyard "Hop Venom" 2xIPA
    18. Widmer "KGB" Russian Imperial Stout
    19. Harp Lager
    20. Killian's Irish Red -later switching to Mad River Jamacian Red

60+ whiskeys on the wall
    10 different domestic tall cans/bottles
    Alberta Street Public House
    www.facebook.com/albertastreetpub
    1036 NE Alberta St.
    Portland, OR 97211
    Open 5-12 weekdays, 5-1 weekends.
    Corner of 11'th & Alberta
    Mondays and Tuesdays best nights to go talk about beer with the bartenders
  2. msubulldog25

msubulldog25 BA Moderator Staff Member

3. squaremile

squaremile Member

Very cool to see this. I live literally 3 blocks from this place but have not checked it out yet. BlackWing, Do you/they do growler/jar fills?
  4. Dubbercody

Dubbercody Member

Nice, they have a decent happy hour from 5-7:45 with $3 pints and deals on food.
  5. johnmichaelsen

johnmichaelsen BA Moderator Staff Member

They have a website as well.

http://www.albertastreetpub.com/

I was double checking on the happy hour information, as the thought of $3 pints of hop venom was a bit difficult for me to wrap my brain around. Sure enough, the happy hour pricing applies to everything on the menu.

Are you sure that's the price for a pint though? The menu doesn't actually list glass sizes, but I'd be surprised if beers like hop venom, GF double stout and the KGB came in a pint glass.
  6. boMD

boMD Member

Would love to check this place out too. Good looking food menu and good prices.
  7. blackwing

blackwing Member

Yes, I work at the Pub. Yes, $3 pints of all micros except Dogfish Head (too expensive), but Hop Venom and GF stouts are a go: $3 during Happy Hour. We've been working really hard for about 6 months now to bring the Pub up to date. We realized we have way more taps than anybody else in the aera and we decided to take advantage of that. Expect many of those taps to rotate as fast as people can drink them. Like I said before, Mondays and Tuesdays are the best days to talk about beer with the bartenders. We're open to suggestions and feedback as well. Thanks! Oh yeah, we do not dr growler fills. Maybe in the future...
  8. johnmichaelsen

No disrespect blackwing, but "way more?"

Last time I checked, Concordia Alehouse has 22 tap handles. Of course they're more than a mile away, so maybe they don't qualify as "in the area." :)
  9. blackwing

blackwing Member

I'm sorry, I was just speaking of the Alberta strip itself. No disrespect meant to the Concordia Ale House at all, I have a close friend that works there. I guess all I was trying to say was that we felt left behind by all the booming business springing up all over the street, we felt like we became invisible. So we looked at what we had and realized we had to offer something that other places couldn't offer. AND beer is one of my personal favorite passtimes, so once the owner Mikey gave me the green light to finally update our taps, I jumped in it and I'm very proud of it.
    Now I would love it if other beer lovers would come in, talk with us, make suggestions, drink with us and make friends with us. Jimmy and I love to talk beer. It's all about the beer... and whiskey. That's my other baby, the whiskey selection. But that's not for this forum. -Zack (blackwing)
  10. DimensionX

DimensionX Member

Thanks for the update Zack, I have always liked Alberta SPH but haven't been by in a few months. Time for a visit I guess.
  11. squaremile

squaremile Member

I'm glad to hear this, and being an Alberta area resident this is refreshing, because although there are a couple of places up north, none of them are walkable for me. You guys truly are the only place in the neighborhood with that amount of taps. I'll definitely be in to check it out.
  12. johnmichaelsen

I plan to stop by as well, next time I'm out. The pub is just a mile and half from where I used to live and I still have fond memories about the area (and hence tend to still spend time in the area whenever I'm back out). Really hard to beat the prices there, even when it's not happy hour.