1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

2000 Cantillon Lou Pepe

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by dipaguy, Jan 20, 2013.

1. dipaguy

dipaguy Aficionado (200) Florida Feb 20, 2011

Hey all,

Was wondering if this bottle is rare and how much it would be worth in a trade. Any information about this bottle would be much appreciated.

Thanks for all the help.
  2. TurdFurgison

TurdFurgison Champion (775) Ohio May 29, 2005

It sounds like you're more interested in this beer as a commodity rather than a beer to drink. If you saw it somewhere you should just buy it and drink it. I for one don't appreciate people buying things on speculation of trade value.

If someone's offering it to you in trade then my answer would be to honestly tell them you know nothing about this beer.
  3. Turd it seems like you're jumping to a conclusion that may or may not be correct. If it were offered in trade, maybe the OP wants a second opinion. Sometimes you can't trust the trader because they have personal attachment.
    dipaguy likes this.
  4. dipaguy

Brother I own it!! Don't know anything about it. Asking questions. If you have any information about this beer then I would like to know. I personally would like to trade it since I don't like Cantillon.
  5. dipaguy

Thanks gcamparone!
  6. aasher

aasher Champion (900) Indiana Jan 27, 2010

Which Lou Pepe?
  7. jb123

jb123 Savant (460) Michigan Dec 3, 2012

Ill give ya some black notes/Arcadia BBA cereal killer n IS , holla
  8. dipaguy

9. TurdFurgison

TurdFurgison Champion (775) Ohio May 29, 2005

Well then I apologize for missing the mark!

I'd guess it has slightly higher trade value than younger Lou Pepe Gueuze. Maybe 0.9 KH? Oh hell, maybe lower than that, but somewhere in that neighborhood I guess.
    davey101 likes this.
  10. aasher

aasher Champion (900) Indiana Jan 27, 2010

For what, to listen to your real trade offer? Send him a BM
    domtronzero likes this.
  11. My first question is it the gueuze, kriek or framboise? Second is what do you want for it? :). I happen to love any and all cantillon!

Never mind question 1 was answered, still looking for an answer to question 2.
  12. dipaguy

It is the gueuze
  13. I really enjoyed the 2000 LPG the last time I had one, but that was about two years ago. I had a 1999 LPG fairly recently and it was really falling off--next to the 1994 Classic Gueuze it felt weak muted and slightly oxidized. Could be more batch variation than age though.
    Interestingly, I believe that 2000 was the last year the Lou Pep series let the base lambic age for three years in barrels before bottling. Now they use two year old lambic.
    dipaguy likes this.
  14. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

I want it.

Are you looking for something in particular?
    I'm sure i could offer you multiple bottles of various things.
  15. codysjb

codysjb Savant (390) Florida Jun 16, 2010

LP Gueuze thats 13 years old should pull some pretty nice stuff. Just throw it up ISO FT and see what you get.

Also because noone has answered it yet: Whalez Bro!
    Gosox8787, brewbetter and dipaguy like this.
  16. No clue how the LP gueuze became so desirable. Must be because of limited availability. The classic is much better. I dont even like the LP gueuze. It's not even gueuze!
  17. kscaldef

kscaldef Advocate (680) Oregon Jun 11, 2010

Are you new here?
    BearsOnAcid likes this.