1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

2010 Mama Mia Pizza Beer drinking great right now

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by Duff27, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Duff27

Duff27 Advocate (600) Illinois Feb 10, 2010

Pop your '10 Pizza Beers now if you were able to hold out this long. The oregano aspect has really come to the forefront while the basil has faded significantly since fresh. I think we all can agree this beer peaks after two years.

2. Duff27

Duff27 Advocate (600) Illinois Feb 10, 2010

Sorry this should have been in the Cellaring/Aging forum.

3. The Bruery Sour in the Rye, Foothills Bourbon Barrel Aged Sexual Chocolate and some local McKenzkies beer out. Cheers everyone!

4. Late Night Pizza Beer Advocate? :D

beerFool28607 likes this.
  5. Duff maybe we should pop that bottle of 2008 Pizza beer that I got stached away... Or do you think it past its prime / on the way down?

I hope this beer is not like the Abacus thread that said the Abacus has faded... because it never happen to Abacus and I dont want it even think this might happen to this local Milwaukee brew that has a special place in my heart.

6. Bah, wrong thread. Didn't catch it during the edit window!

7. Would have to agree 100%. Popped a Mamma Mia recently and the aging has really brought all the spices together really well and smoothed out the rough edges! Drink'em if you gottem.

Duff27 likes this.
  8. vacax

vacax Advocate (620) California Jun 3, 2008

You know I actually do have a 2010 Pizza Beer. Now I just have to figure out if anyone else is being serious.

9. Rempo

Rempo Initiate (0) Indiana Jan 18, 2010

Put it up for trade, link to this thread, watch the offers come rolling in...

Shagtastic likes this.
  10. claaark13

claaark13 Advocate (635) Indiana Nov 29, 2007

Old fridge pizza is underrated.

davey101 likes this.
  11. PaulQuinn

PaulQuinn Savant (295) Brazil May 27, 2011

Just drink it (or at least try). Even if it's not serious, Pizza Beer isn't getting any better.

12. BHwks

BHwks Aficionado (185) Illinois Dec 12, 2005

I hope this is a joke. This beer royally blows and the dude that produces is it is quite possibly one of the most annoying self-promoters out there.

13. BenC

BenC Aficionado (160) Wisconsin Jan 9, 2009

I'm laughing and yet so confused at the same time.

RepMichigan likes this.