1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

2011 Old Stock Ale cellar reserve Brandy barrel aged..

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by whyteboy003, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Can anyone tell me if this has any sort of trade value? I dont see it posted much.
    Thanks for the help

2. Kurmaraja

Kurmaraja Champion (785) Washington May 21, 2013

3. I looked for 15 mins trying to find something like that page. I guess I'm too new to this shit and didn't know where to look. But thanks anyway.

Kurmaraja likes this.
  4. EJJ1848

EJJ1848 Savant (405) Minnesota Jun 24, 2013

It has been on the shelves here for a month or so. That and BA Raspy, the pricetags are a bit hefty. With that being said, its still a fantastic beer, the '09 was amazing. Id suggest just drinking it, but you may be able to trade for some limited shelf beer where its not distro'd to.

5. chardlogic

chardlogic Savant (300) Florida Feb 18, 2011

Use the search bar on the side panel.

6. Kurmaraja

Kurmaraja Champion (785) Washington May 21, 2013

HA - didn't mean to sound like a jerk. I really did have a deja vu moment - "didn't I just see this thread"? But that should answer many questions.

In short, delicious but not a ton of trade value since A) it's got good distribution, B) it's still on shelves, and C) North Coast isn't a stop on the hype train.

7. Yes, its trade value is $4$ limited shelf beer. It sits on the shelves due to price tag. Its actually a phenominal brandy barrel aged old ale. It also cellars really well, but drinks great fresh.