1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

2012 Holy Mother of Gatherings Instructions. Please Read!

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by pghlee, Mar 20, 2012.

1. pghlee

pghlee Savant (255) Georgia Feb 24, 2006

Saturday March 24 2012
    12 Noon to 4pm
    Starting at 12pm Registration will start at the top of the steps leading into the Belgian bar area. This years event will be bigger and better than ever which means some people will not get in.

Anyone who expects to attend the event should do the following.

1. Sign up for the event on The Beer Advocate Event page (follow the link) IF YOU ARE NOT SIGNED UP YOU WILL NOT GET IN. http://bit.ly/yPyREH
    2. Register the beer you are bringing on the spreadsheet. The Check in process takes a lot longer for everyone if someone else has to do this for you when you arrive! IF YOUR BEERS ARE NOT SIGNED UP YOU MIGHT NOT GET IN. (37 people signed up but not on spreadsheet) http://bit.ly/GCLi6x
    3. Bring some spending money for the bartenders, Raffle, and silent auction. This is a free charity event to help change bullshit bible belt beer laws.
    4. Be Kind. Don’t F this up for the rest of us.

http://bit.ly/zci36U Secret password provided here!
    ontherocks and bhalter8 like this.
  2. Super psyched about this one. Do you guys still need bottles for the raffle, silent auction, etc.? Can we just make a donation at the door or do you need to know the details ahead of time?
  3. ohtheguilt

ohtheguilt Savant (250) Georgia Jan 4, 2012

I'm signed up and my beers are signed up...looking forward to saturday
  4. I'm in like Santorum in 2012! See you guys bright and early... ATLBeerDog will make sure we're at the front of de line...
    ATLbeerDog likes this.
  5. GatorBeerNerd

GatorBeerNerd Savant (405) Georgia Sep 15, 2007

As Lee mentioned, the SS is used to help get people in the door quicker. It does not help that process when you have TBD for all your beers in the SS. HMOG is a few days away, unless you are waiting to fill in spots in verticals, you should know what you are bringing by now. Please fill in the SS so that the person working the door can start drinking beer sooner.
  6. Lee--I have a bottle to contribute to the auction, will get it to you either Friday night or Saturday morning before HMOG starts.
  7. Does anybody want me to bring a 2010 Brooklyn Black Ops?
  8. Lee;

My beers are on the SS, I am signed up on the Event page. Do I need to directly RSVP to Brick Store? Just want to make sure things will go smoothly. Thanks.
  9. pghlee

No if your signed up and on the sheet your in
  10. rwitter

rwitter Aficionado (125) Denmark Jan 18, 2006

Did my box arrive safely?
    bhalter8 likes this.
  11. GatorBeerNerd

As of posting this there are 33 people signed up on the event page that have not entered any beers into the SS (2 more still on event page that have said they aren't going to be able to make it). There are 4 more people whose names are on both but only entered in TBD on the SS, so I removed their names from the SS. Feel free to add yourself back on with beers listed.

These users are:
    allenp, darkeish, quinlan, uga1645

Note that there are still a few TBDs on the list, but those people have signed up at least one specific beer they are bringing.

Here are the 33 people on the event page, but not signed up on the SS:

AtlCarl, AUTOwrXER, baseballfury, Beejay, bmanning, BulbMan, ChainGangGuy, cheez23, cochell, Cyberkedi, dawgontap, dmunroe, edaleyeah, Friskybeerrapist,gabeerfanswife, glid02, GPHarris, Hoptrollop, JoeKidd, jrguevara, Kapuma, kirkmichel, MsProfDrBeer, nerdrocker101, Satu, seniorcleaver, ShakyPuddin, Soily1, tharte, UGADawgGuy, unclejedi, whiplash11, WzrHamilton

Apparently there are some people on the SS that are not signed up on the event page based on the numbers, but I did not generate that list. Please add yourself to the event page as well here.

With all the traffic on the SS, there is a possibility that some of you had your updates accidentally nuked by another update that occured at the same time. I tried to catch those and ask people about them, but I certainly could have missed some.

If you count up all the plus 1s, etc for people signed up in the SS, we have 59 people at the moment. Assuming the other 37 above are added in, it is going to be pretty cozy.

****I will be changing the SS so that only I can edit it as of Friday night. Get your updates into it ASAP.****

If for some reason you are uncomfortable editing the online SS, send your info to me in a conversation and I can add it for you.
  12. Anthony1

Anthony1 Savant (335) Colorado May 3, 2009

my friends and I have a pool of bottles. There are several TBD's that will be filled out tonight.
  13. bhalter8

bhalter8 Savant (320) Georgia Feb 22, 2008

Looking forward to the event; with this crowd, I see no reason why we can't limit to those that spend the few minutes to commit beers. That said, there are some prominent and generous BAs on Donnie's list. I hope they get things sorted out, since they are always great attendees at these events.
  14. GatorBeerNerd

Agreed, more than a few people I consider friends on that list, but I couldn't play favorites. I just posted the entire list I came up with.
  15. pghlee

The list is pretty sweet so far. Imagine the pre HMOG?
  16. Hmmm.. When does that start? I might come early and break out some more brews.
  17. tharte

tharte Aspirant (40) New York Feb 16, 2012

I will update tonight. I need to see what I can fit in my luggage
  18. jrguevara

jrguevara Zealot (90) Georgia Jun 22, 2011

Just updated my share. This is my first time going and im flying solo. Cant wait to meet everyone. Cheers!

JR
  19. Updated my list as well. Lock n load!
  20. pghlee

Now thats a spreadsheet! 198 beers so far mostly 22s and 750s Send ATLbeerdog a beermail about preHMOG
  21. GatorBeerNerd

As of this morning we have 5 people that were removed from the SS for only entering TBD beers:

allenp, darkeish, quinlan, uga1645, Ralphie

We have another 27 (possible more since I did not go through all the names again) on the event page that are not on the SS. I did not realize yesterday that 6 of these names are maybes, so those people are less likely to show. I do not know how to tell who those 6 are. The entire list is:

AtlCarl, baseballfury, Beejay, bmanning, BulbMan, ChainGangGuy, cheez23, cochell, Cyberkedi, dawgontap, dmunroe, edaleyeah, Friskybeerrapist, gabeerfanswife, GPHarris, JoeKidd, Kapuma, kirkmichel, nerdrocker101, Satu, seniorcleaver, ShakyPuddin, Soily1, UGADawgGuy, unclejedi, whiplash11, WzrHamilton

There are 67 people signed up on the SS with specific beers to bring.
  22. ATLhophead, not beerdog. :p
  23. pghlee

ATLBEERDOG is the one having the pre Hmog. Beermail him if interested.​
    Anyone who would like to donate beer swag, Breweriana or rare bottles etc for the auction and raffle please just bring to the event. Thanks Lee​
  24. GatorBeerNerd

Do the winners of the silent auctions have to pay in cash? I know the raffle tickets are cash, but since I have never really gone after a silent auction item in the past, I did not know.
  25. pghlee

Yes cash because every cc transaction cost the restaurant then taxes etc. ATM is by Sartbucks
  26. Anthony1

Anthony1 Savant (335) Colorado May 3, 2009

I know those guys. We all have beers. We were just comparing what to bring before posting it. I just got in from co. I posted about them a few posts up
  27. GatorBeerNerd

It sounds like it should be easy to get something on the SS other than just their name with TBD beside it since 70 of us including yourself were able to do that. That is the only reason I added their names along with all the others that had not properly signed up both here and on the SS.

As I mentioned above, just get it done today. I am locking the SS down tonight. I will let Dave and Lee decide what to do with all the extra people that show when the upstairs is already full of people that signed up properly.
  28. GatorBeerNerd

I'll be shutting down the SS tonight sometime around 11pm. Right now we have 73 people signed up on the SS. There are another 24 people signed up on the event page as of now.
  29. Eagerly looking forward to the beerful chaos. ;) Please remember to take some breaks and drink plenty of water along with the fine-quality ales.

While I have your attention, the Atlantic Chapter of the Brewery Collectibles Club of America will be having our regional summer breweriana show in Atlanta at Six Feet Under East on June 23, 2012. We usually begin about 8-9 AM.

As time draws closer, Pittsburgh Lee will have more info. I wish I had flyers to give out today, but they are not quite ready. Also, check the Breweriana Forum about mid-May.

I plan to be wearing a white Atlantic Chapter t-shirt today, if you have any questions.
  30. kp

kp Aficionado (190) Georgia Jun 5, 2002

Beer. Good.
  31. meerkat2

meerkat2 Aficionado (245) Florida Aug 27, 2007

how was it????????????
  32. ewright

ewright Savant (440) North Carolina Oct 25, 2007

I think they're all too drunk to post.

Wait, this is the internet ... no such thing!
  33. Ummm, epic. Jesus fucking Christ.
  34. GatorBeerNerd

Thanks to Dave and Lee for hosting yet another awesome HMOG event. It was a hell of a day.

Somehow a beer from the Midwest that is not mine ended up in my bag. If someone is missing one, just let me know what beer. If it is yours, I am more than happy to return it to the rightful owner.
  35. Enjoyed it. A bit too tired to rave about it at this time. Thanks to the hosts.
  36. Wonderful time seeing all my friends. Great beers, great auction!

Highlights for me:
    1975 Thomas Hardy - thanks Lee!
    BA Old Salty
    Midnight Sun Barfly from Heyta
    2003 120 minute IPA 750ml
    HoTD Michael magnum from 2009 - Uncle Jedi delivers once again! Oh, and happy 25th anniversary!

See you guys around the bend...
  37. jrguevara

jrguevara Zealot (90) Georgia Jun 22, 2011

Thank you Dave and Lee @ Brickstore for hosting. And thank you to all the generous folks that shared your stash. I checked off some amazing beers off my list.

Here are all the pics that I took throughout the day. Feel free to download and do whatever you would like with them. Once you click on a photo, on bottom left click (Options) -> Download full image.

http://bit.ly/H6jacj

Cheers,
    JR
    kirkmichel likes this.
  38. pghlee

Anyone know Mark Terry? Not sure of his BA name. He left his wallet here! Sorry the cash was gone when i found it! Joking
  39. bhalter8

bhalter8 Savant (320) Georgia Feb 22, 2008

Thanks for all your hard work Lee & Dave (and Bo for that matter). Great event, as always. We're lucky to have a place this cool, willing to offer up that space for a crowd of folks bringing their own beer!
  40. That photo album is awesome. I believe Mark is own his way to get his wallet right now actually, haha.