1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs BIF

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by sliverX, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Running this again this year.
    The way it works: 16 people sign up for a team, head to head match-ups each round. If you lose first round you send 44oz, second round 66oz, Conference Finals 88oz, Stanley Cup Final 110oz. Of course those are just the minimum requirements. You need a solid trading history, got burned last year and don;t want that happening again. If you foresee an issue sending between April and June please don't sign up.

I understand races are quite close for a number of teams but need to start this early to make sure it fills.

Please reply with what team you would like.

2. Dallas has been claimed by Twiggamortis420

3. Not even the thought of winning this much beer could make me watch hockey. :D

4. Thats a nice bif idea!

5. Im in for the Kings again... if they make it.

6. sobeleg

sobeleg Advocate (510) New York Jun 29, 2011

This would be my first BIF, but I do have a solid trading history, and I have been a diehard fan and player since I was four, so this would be a great intro to BIFs.

That being said, I will have to pick my Caps. I guess if they don't make it in, I will have to sit this out.

7. Duffman929

Duffman929 Savant (370) Illinois Nov 27, 2010

Blackhawks. Mark it down. Thank you.

8. Red Wings, fo sho

9. Duffman929

I thought we were cool. Guess I was wrong.

10. aint nothing wrong with a lil rivalry.

11. Duffman929

Yeah, but....now you suck...like Project X suck. And aren't you from Minnesota? There has to be something wrong with that.

12. my answer to the question "and aren't you from Minnesoat?" is HELL NO. I just happen to live here. Not from here, and with the amount of "root for your team only when they are doing well" sentiment around this state, there is no way I would choose a MN team. So back to the original, Red Wings fo sho.

13. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

Duffman scooped my Blackhawks before I got the chance, otherwise I'd be in on this.

I do worry about their chances without Toews though...

14. Duffman929

As long as he's not Crosbied, I'll be happy. They have the ability and skill, but how the PP is such clown shoes, I have no idea.

As for the Minnesota comment, can you blame them? All those NFL Championships/Super Bowls and Stanley Cups really start to wear down a fan base.

15. when you get tired of getting beat black and blue, all you can do is say "I'm through". Or, if Favre was still playing, we would have at least 2 Super Bowls. Both make me....

16. FTowne

FTowne Initiate (0) Missouri Jan 27, 2012

I've never got involved in a BIF, so I'm not 100% sure how they work. What kind of beer is involved? I know you can't send Bud Light, but do you need to send rare, stupid expensive beer to participate?

If it just requires good, local beer than I will claim the Blues.

17. The boxes I've sent out I've just tried to hit wants or favorite style so don't worry about it.

18. shrek806

shrek806 Savant (275) New York Mar 1, 2010

I would be in for the NY Rangers.

19. poneill

poneill Disciple (65) New Jersey Oct 17, 2008

i'd be interested. feel free to say no since i have no trade history, almost no posts, and have mostly been a lurker.... but my friend who has much trading and BIF experience will vouch for me (xnicknj). i'd take the penguins if you'll let me in.

(was going to go for the rangers, as that's my team, but shrek beat me to it)

20. FTowne

Sounds good. Count me in! You can check my trade references on my profile page.

Thanks,
    Mike

21. "jizz in your pants?"

22. Brez07

Brez07 Initiate (0) Maine Sep 29, 2009

I know it's hard to repeat, but I'll take the Bruins again this year

23. You're good to go with Pittsburgh.

24. Duffman929

Blues and Canucks fans can just send all beer to real hockey team fans please.

25. FTowne

You son of a....

26. poneill

poneill Disciple (65) New Jersey Oct 17, 2008

thanks man! i hope i lose in the third round to the rangers...

27. Count me in with the habs! Ho no, wait...... Forget it.....

28. actually will put the Wings back on the table, lots of shit shakin that I wasnt aware about.

29. Agold

Agold Advocate (510) Pennsylvania Mar 13, 2010

I'm in. Lets go Flyers!!!

Now when we lose I can send out a box of beer instead of drinking it all myself.o_O

30. FTowne

So, help out the virgin BIF guy here. What do I have to do the get myself prepared for this?

31. Duffman929

Prepare 44 oz of bottles to ship out when the Blues get bounced in the first round. Pretty easy.

32. Watch hockey, consume beer, if the Blues advance receive at least 44ozs of more beer, and if they lose send out at least 44ozs to whoever had the Blues opponent. Try to hit wants or just send solid locals, just make it a box you'd like to get yourself.

33. FTowne

[​IMG]

34. Since the Blues already got a spot clinched... root for the Kings to win tonight, so that they can make the playoffs and I can play in this BIF.

35. FTowne

Sorry, can't do that. Nothing against you (or the Kings), but the Blues need home ice advantage for the playoffs. Maybe they can win out after tonight.

Good luck!

36. landrewg

landrewg Aficionado (210) Michigan Nov 11, 2008

If the Wings are back in I would take them. Brandon, are you getting out due to peer pressure? You should take 'em if you want 'em!

37. not at all, please represent. I've got a lot going on, DLD is one of them.

38. Duffman929

This would be the last year to take the Wings. Once #5 retires at the end of the year, it's going to be awhile.

39. Pittsky

Pittsky Aficionado (195) Florida May 28, 2009

damn. i'da taken the pens

40. 10 spots claimed so far:

Eastern Conference

1. NY Rangers - shrek806
    2. Boston - Brez07
    3. Florida -
    4. Pittsburgh - poneill
    5. Philadelphia - Agold
    6. New Jersey -
    7. Ottawa -