2013 BA Speedway

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by jvillefan, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jvillefan

jvillefan Maven (1,329) Sep 3, 2011 California
    Trader

Did anyone else notice that the 2013 BA Speedways have a "bottled on" 2013 on the bottle but the label says 2012? Good work AleSmith. Keeping up with paying attention to details once again.

2. SDChewy

SDChewy Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2013 California

It's a Barrel AGED beer. Just because it was bottled in 2013 doesn't mean that is when it was brewed. It says right on the bottles that it is aged up to one year in bourbon barrels.

3. No1Smitty

No1Smitty Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2011 California

So. It was barreled in 2012 and released in 2013. What's the big deal? :grinning:

4. jvillefan

jvillefan Maven (1,329) Sep 3, 2011 California
    Trader

The label is identical to last year's batch. Year and all.

5. angrygrimace

angrygrimace Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2011 California

They probably just had a lot of bottles from a single print run. The bottled on date makes it no big deal. Really, I'm a little embarrassed that someone in this community actually had the stones to whine about it publicly.

AZBeerDude, thatinvisibo and mlaroche like this.
  6. vande

vande Initiate (0) Jan 26, 2007 Illinois

No worries. All unhappy campers may send their ruined BA Speedway Mislabeled stouts my direction. BM please and I'll return your note asap. Thank you !

7. yountvillewjs

yountvillewjs Initiate (0) Mar 28, 2013 California

I can't wait to get my hands on these

8. HopHead84

HopHead84 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,144) Nov 29, 2006 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

The bottled on date rubs off quite easily if the beer sweats. A friend is about to open a 2013 but the 2013 date is now gone and it seems to be indistinguishable from the last batch.

9. Xtent

Xtent Initiate (0) Jan 16, 2013 California

I see one of three options at this point

1. Shut up and enjoy it

2. Protest ever buying another bottle from Alesmith and trade the bottle away at cost, pick another brewery to buy from until you find an error and post a complaint on a public forum.

3. Get trapped in a tornado and end up in a world you are not familiar with. See weird flying monkeys and little people while on a mission to find the wizard of Alesmith. Find him, find out he is human, click some ruby bedazzled beer bottles together. Click them three times while saying "There is no place like (insert any brewery except for Alesmith). End up waking up from your dream trying to make sense of what just happened.

layinbrix and messanthrope like this.
  10. TheBoog013

TheBoog013 Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2011 California

It's not the OP's observation that bothers me, it's his tone. You think poo pooing Alesmith is working for you, eh? BA Speedway is and has always been a benchmark of barrel aged stouts. We're lucky to have this beer when it's available and your attempt to take them to task is ridiculous. What have you fucking contributed besides taking up space, tourist? Not one to snark, usually, but I've had a few and reading this riled me up.

Cheers!

11. m34josh

m34josh Crusader (496) Oct 19, 2009 California
    Trader

Also wishing I could get said brew that all this bitching is about. Please send my way ASAP

12. jefeld

jefeld Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2010 Illinois

yeah I agree, the OP is being a whiny little bitch, who is drawing attention to barely anything. why not enjoy the extremely high quality of the beer inside the bottle rather then the minute detail that isn't even that important anyway. GFY.

mrbubbler likes this.
  13. mrkrispy

mrkrispy Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2006 California

How dare you try to discuss this rationally!!! You must be on the wrong website.

14. imyourhero21

imyourhero21 Maven (1,354) Oct 9, 2011 California
    Trader

Isnt it like baseball cards errors and worth more in trades now hahahaha ?

Rau71 likes this.
  15. oxcitypauze

oxcitypauze Initiate (0) Jan 4, 2013 California

If only there were some way to permanently mark them with oil-based writing implements. Or perhaps if someone made a sticky note of paper with an adhesive back. That would be real convenient.

(this ranks pretty low in "beer nerd problems", which ranks pretty damn low in real-world problems already.)

16. lincolnbeard

lincolnbeard Initiate (0) Dec 12, 2010 California

maybe they should be etched / engraved with diamonds and dipped in gold for good measure.

17. SirBottlecap

SirBottlecap Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2013 California

The only thing you need to see on that bottle's label is 'Alesmith Speedway Stout'. Then say 'Yeah.'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.