1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

2013 Hunahpu's release info directly from CCB

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by sendsilk, Feb 13, 2013.

1. kpanter

kpanter Aficionado (210) Florida Nov 25, 2012

^ I'll be in the same boat fellas. Suggestions from some veterans are always appreciated. Nothing is worse than an annoyed significant other to put a damper on a wonderful day
  2. Have the girls get wristbands and then tell them to go to the International Plaza for the day.
    kpanter likes this.
  3. danpam1024

danpam1024 Aficionado (175) Florida Oct 31, 2012

Is the event "family friendly"?
    We have a 10 year old. Is the event more of a party that we can all enjoy for a few hours or is it more like a kegger?

Any advise is appreciated.
  4. BigGene

BigGene Initiate (0) Florida Oct 30, 2010

Well your wife can always take the kiddo to Bush Gardens for the day. Its a win win, you get to drink great beer and they get to have fun.
  5. jloomis

jloomis Savant (280) Florida Jan 6, 2010

It is definitely not a "kegger" per se, but I think the kids would MUCH more enjoy going to international plaza or Lowery Park Zoo. In my experience kids get bored pretty easy, and it gets pretty hot and crowded, so it might bore them pretty quick. Moreover, then you will hear "is it time to go yet?" ten thousand times that day which will make your day less enjoyable.
  6. gunhaver

gunhaver Savant (455) Florida May 27, 2007

there are going to be tons of food trucks and some carnival games so the kids might wanna check it out for a bit
    Bobbyearl likes this.
  7. danpam1024

danpam1024 Aficionado (175) Florida Oct 31, 2012

Booked a room for the weekend!!!
    This is our first release party. Should be a blast!
    We'll hit Busch Gardens on Sunday. Even though we just got back from their Bands-Brew-and Bar-B-Que...
  8. flag8r

flag8r Aficionado (235) Florida Nov 7, 2009

Do you think there will be a FT thread setup for in person trades during the event or should we just start posting here?
  9. hoppy99

hoppy99 Aficionado (195) Florida Feb 28, 2009

Can the kids win bottles of beer at the dunk tanks again this year?
  10. chardlogic

chardlogic Savant (290) Florida Feb 18, 2011

In person trading at Huna Day sounds good to me. I myself am looking for a 4-pack of Black Note, and would trade a BCBCS for it, for starters.
  11. cacostaj

cacostaj Aficionado (245) Florida Feb 15, 2013

Driving up from Miami. Planning to be in line SOLO rather early. Maybe I could hook up with a group or a couple of individuals. Will bring a few goodies to share. Cheers!!
  12. jgagne

jgagne Savant (320) Kentucky Feb 23, 2011

I say let's post them here. I have got a bottle of BCBCS and bottles of BCBS. Also one bottle of black note, some dark horse plead the fith. I am from Kentucky so I have access to a bunch of FFF and plenty of other stuff. Looking for some BA sexual chocolate, limitied CCB, Mexican cake or anything on my wants. Kinda just want to do this to meet some new people. I will be there opening bottles all day so if you wanna trade or do some bottle sharing, or both, let me know. Cheers!
  13. gunhaver

gunhaver Savant (455) Florida May 27, 2007

ah jeez, another pallet of kegs from Three Floyds arrived today. what to do with all this beer...
  14. Growler Tuesday next week ;)
  15. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

Fantastic!
  16. kpanter

Na man, then it will gone in 5 minutes. People don't have any other priorities on Tuesday, except to get their CCB growler:eek:
  17. And the problem is? He said they had too much beer, this is the perfect solution. Plus I don't work until 1 on Tuesdays :D
    beernads likes this.
  18. MADPolo

I just take my lunch break's early on Growler Tuesdays. I don't see why folks get all crappy about it on the Facebook posts, lol.
  19. kpanter

Because they obviously didn't get what they want, so they don't think others should either. That's sad.

I think that it's a great thing that rewards those who have put beer as their priority that day. I just wished I still lived in Tampa. I would defintiely be taking my lunch break early if it wasn't 1.5 hours away now. You lucky bastards! haha Cheers!
    Deltoro and beernads like this.
  20. Typical CCB Facebook post:

CCB: hey guys, we have this totally awesome one off thing we are doing for you because our fans rock and we want to treat the locals who support us to something special. It will be tasting room only and we are setting a limit so more people can enjoy it

Response 1: is this coming to Jacksonville
    Response 2: when are you guys coming to New Mexico
    Response 3: someone send this to me
    Response 4: come to Georgia now
    Response 50-100: I didn't get any and I'm butt hurt about it even though I can come to your other totally awesome one off things that you hold at other times throughout the week. Everyone who got some must be unemployed because it is impossible that people don't work a typical 9-5 schedule. Also being unemployed is bad in every single case and I'm better then you because I have a job.
    bryanole27, Bobbyearl, luwak and 10 others like this.
  21. MADPolo

Spot on!

Hell, I always share my two bottle limit. I don't think I've had a week yet where I didn't give a bottle to someone who couldn't make it. Good stuff!

Back on topic, excited for the little FFF teaser!
    Deltoro and dachshunddude86 like this.
  22. You forgot one. EVERYTIME CCB announces a new beer on draft: "Available in growlers?"
    kpanter likes this.
  23. You are correct. I was recently reading the growler Tuesday responses and surprisingly that one didn't pop up
  24. kpanter

Ahhhh good 'ol Facebook. Those responses are on point dachshunddude86 ha ha

And yes MADpolo! I am fuckin pumped for some FFF goodness at Huna Day!
    dachshunddude86 likes this.
  25. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) New York Dec 30, 2011

I'm the guy who said: "CCB doesn't owe you anything. Get over it. Don't complain about having a job" (paraphrasing)
    Deltoro, jloomis and dachshunddude86 like this.
  26. GameFreac

GameFreac Savant (410) Georgia Apr 8, 2011

Long shot but if there's a lot of bottles left over after the bottle limit is done, I will paypal you $25 and if you get me a bottle and live in the Brandon/Valrico area. I will be there around June.

I'm assuming this post will get laughed at but I'm gonna try anyways.
  27. toofdoc

toofdoc Aficionado (240) New Mexico Jun 28, 2011

28. I think I'll be making the trip down from SC. Anyone else coming from SC? Particularly the upstate?
  29. raczkowski

raczkowski Savant (340) Florida May 16, 2011

what time does everyone plan on arriving? the stars aligned perfect for me. i have a football clinic friday-sunday and plan on getting there early enough to get my 3 bottle band and then head off to some football stuff, then return for an afternoon of festivities and getting my bottles. i just wanna make sure myself and my coaching buddies can get there early enough.
  30. BertSugar

BertSugar Aficionado (215) Indiana Feb 11, 2007

Headed down there with some Behemoth and maybe a Dark Lord or two. Sounds like a blast.
    luwak likes this.
  31. woodchopper

woodchopper Savant (355) Illinois Jul 31, 2010

I usually bring a 12 bottle wine shipper and don't have any issues as its counted as a checked bag....
    sendsilk likes this.
  32. MADPolo

Just posted on Facebook:

J Wakefield Brewing
    Brew lineup for Hunahpu Day March 9th...

1) DFPF - Dragon Fruit Passionfruit Floridaweiss
    2) Miami Madness Floridaweiss
    3) Mate Bliss Brown Ale
    4) Master Blaster Porter - Cause Master Blaster runs Barter Town

and two new Berliners :)
  33. kirbmeist

kirbmeist Savant (350) Florida Mar 16, 2012

Mine is dropping my bud and I off and taking the car so her and her friend can go shopping and hit clearwater. No nagging and no need to worry about parking? Yes please!
  34. joshodonn

joshodonn Savant (310) Florida Jan 21, 2011

Gunhaver, can you confirm if the Sears parking lot will be accessible on Sunday? I am planning to drive myself down Saturday morning and then have my wife pick me up... so my car will be there overnight and we'll come back on Sunday to get it, assuming I can get back into the parking lot.
  35. MADPolo

For those local to Tampa, they are now selling the $5 tokens in the tap room if you would like to get a jump on Hunahpu Day. Here is the post:

Looks like I'll be picking some up on Sunday at Eggs & Kegs.
    raymo55 likes this.
  36. Will you be able to sell back tokens if they are not used?
  37. beernads

beernads Advocate (520) Florida May 4, 2012

according to FB nope
  38. Thanks for the info
  39. joshodonn

joshodonn Savant (310) Florida Jan 21, 2011

But I do think they can go towards Huna bottles...
  40. Thanks. I was planning on heading to the tasting room tonight and figured I would pick up some tokens while I'm there to avoid the lines. I just wanted to know if I should stay conservative and buy more as needed or if I should not worry about over-buying.