1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

2013 Hunahpu's release info directly from CCB

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by sendsilk, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Bobbyearl

Bobbyearl Aficionado (150) Florida Jan 17, 2011

Tokens work everywhere, but the food trucks
  2. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

I grabbed $40 worth of coins on Sunday. I figured that is a good start to the day, lol.

[​IMG]
    xxcarpxx likes this.
  3. I went through $50 last year, you can use them on tshirts and sniffers so I wouldn't worry too much
    raymo55 and dachshunddude86 like this.
  4. BigGene

BigGene Initiate (0) Florida Oct 30, 2010

Ok thanks, I have a week to make fake tokens!! ;)
    Photekut and luwak like this.
  5. MADPolo

What you can't see, is the special barcode that is on the outer, flat edge. Sneaky, Sneaky!!!
    luwak likes this.
  6. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

Bottle count isn't everything. Taking 2 360 bottle CFH '13 to land 1 12,000 bottle Rare. Did you think Rare was rare? It was never limited, just a delicious $45 beer.
  7. Catchy_Name

Catchy_Name Savant (385) California Dec 21, 2011

I
    I wouldn't have traded 2 CFH for one Rare. Not a chance in hell with as high as this years CFH traded. I traded one BA Kopi Speedway straight across for a rare. I see where you're going with it, but it seems now that the only 2 things that make Huna worth trading for are the name it has and that it's good. Because it damn sure isn't limited anymore.
  8. moose3285

moose3285 Aficionado (225) Florida Jul 19, 2007

Imagine that, people trading for beers because they like the taste.
    BigGene, polisanl and 305BEER like this.
  9. Catchy_Name

Catchy_Name Savant (385) California Dec 21, 2011

Good for me I don't have to imagine it. That's usually how I trade anyway. But cruising through the trade forum, it's easy to see that a shit load of people don't.
  10. gunhaver

gunhaver Savant (455) Florida May 27, 2007

why would anyone trade Pantera's Cowboys From Hell for a bottle of expensive beer?

man i need to catch up on these ridiculous acronyms for every beer thrown around here
    johnyb, jloomis, BigGene and 3 others like this.
  11. LoPo87

LoPo87 Aficionado (235) Oregon Mar 9, 2012

12. I simply asked if there would be any BA variants at the release (was too lazy to specify), and you see the response I got. I take it as nothing, zilch, nada. By all accounts the last BA Huna release was a shitshow, so they probably aren't messing with it any time soon.
  13. LoPo87

LoPo87 Aficionado (235) Oregon Mar 9, 2012

Yea they weren't listed on the beerpulse article of the tap list. Oh well, would have been nice. On another note, looking forward to grabbing a beer with ya and chatting about some Block 15 stuff. I will have Pappy's Dark and Super Nebula with me to open.
  14. Turns out I wont be making it. Couldn't get away from work. Instead of wishing from afar up here in NC, I am actually heading over to The Homestead in VA for a conference. Could be worse, I guess :)
  15. danpam1024

danpam1024 Aficionado (175) Florida Oct 31, 2012

16. Don't know if there are any big tastings going on with that awesome draft list, but I'm flying solo with my girlfriend (doesn't drink beer) I'm bringing BASC, rose de gambrinus, and funk metal if anyone wants too meet up.

Cheers
  17. BAstoutsNsours

BAstoutsNsours Initiate (0) Florida Sep 21, 2012

There will be tons of people with bottles pouring in every which direction. I will have a cooler full and will probably be pretty buzzed before the gates even open.
    kpanter and LoPo87 like this.
  18. joshodonn

joshodonn Savant (310) Florida Jan 21, 2011

As will I. I am going to have to be careful that I don't bring toooo much to share, I don't want to deplete all my reserves, and if I'm not careful I'll bring everything I have lol
    BAstoutsNsours likes this.
  19. jloomis

jloomis Aficionado (245) Florida Jan 6, 2010

Well the wife and I both love us some Rose de Gambrinus, so feel free to hang with us. We're bringing some RR Sours and some other stuff to share (anybody want to try some El Murchilago from last year, got a bottle and I am curious how it has aged and thinking of bringing it if anyone wants to try it?) Sadly we have to leave the canopy tent at home, but chairs and a cooler that works as a table with a mall umbrella to keep the sun of the beverages.
  20. kpanter

kpanter Aficionado (200) Florida Nov 25, 2012

See you all in line. I will have a cooler with me as well. This is going to be a great event. Can't wait to meet some great people and drink great beer. Amazing tap list!
  21. Looking forward to seeing you again, Kris. Find me in line and we'll share a brew.
    kpanter likes this.
  22. Does anyone know if you can come and go once you get a wristband? We might want to run back to the hotel at some point but if it's one in one out we'll probably just stay.
  23. MADPolo

Yeah, once you have your 21 and up bracelet and your huna bracelet (seperate bracelets) you can come and go as you please.
  24. BigGene

BigGene Initiate (0) Florida Oct 30, 2010

Welp, Just found I will be going solo, Just look for the fat guy with the HUGE three floyds patch on my back. I will have a cooler, but not sure what I am bringing as I have to drive home.