1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

2013 KBS Release Info

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by CellarGimp, Jan 11, 2013.

1. CellarGimp

CellarGimp Savant (455) Missouri Sep 14, 2011

2. KevSal

KevSal Advocate (585) California Oct 17, 2010

maybe we will get some threads of people buying cases of this purely on hype and being completely underwhelmed...
  3. Ticketed release, 12 bottles per person. Sounds great!
  4. ISO already
  5. We can only hope. Then they'll trade it reasonably instead of holding out for something out of the park
    KevSal likes this.
  6. You guys crashed the page, I can't get it to load......Everyone and their mother is looking at this apparently
    TheSevenDuffs likes this.
  7. soughtbygod

soughtbygod Savant (260) California Apr 27, 2011

8. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

But my mom can't get on either and she is pissed!
  9. Your not the guy at the Dark Horse release that brought his Grandmother are you? LOL that poor old lady
    JohnB87 likes this.
  10. Can't just post right the first time can you ...

Founders KBS release 2013 will begin with a four-day, pre-ticketed, on-site bottle release beginning on Wednesday, March 27, prior to being released across our distribution footprint on April 1.
    Dates for the taproom bottle release are as follows:
    • Day #1: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 11am-9pm
    • Day #2: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 11am-9pm
    • Day #3: Friday, March 29, 2013, 11am-9pm
    • Day #4: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 11am-9pm
    Tickets for all four release dates will be available beginning at 11:00am on Saturday, February 16, via brownpapertickets.com on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a limit of one ticket per person. Tickets are non-refundable, and proceeds from the $5 purchase price will be donated to Grand Rapids Whitewater. Your ticket, along with a valid government-issued photo ID, gets you the opportunity to purchase KBS only on the date listed on your ticket. A strict maximum limit of 12 bottles per person applies. KBS is $4.75 per bottle, $19 per 4-pack, and $57 for 12 bottles (three 4-packs). Bottles can ONLY be picked up on the day listed on the ticket from our Company Store during regular business hours (see above).

[​IMG]
    ‘KBS Week’ culminates in an all-day draft release party in our taproom on Saturday, March 30. The party takes place from 11am-2am, is strictly 21+ and is free-of-charge. March 30 marks the first day KBS will be available on tap. The party stars the draft release of KBS, and free live entertainment will be offered in the evening.
  11. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

And what if I was? She'd kick your ass! ;)
  12. gill897

gill897 Aficionado (160) Illinois Apr 18, 2008

13. SteelersX

SteelersX Savant (420) New York Jan 30, 2011

What a shitshow the beer world has become
    I went in 07 and KBS was on the shelves for weeks
    went in 08 and had lunch at the bar, sampled many beers and bought 4 cases at about 2 before I went back to my hotel. Next day they still had a ton.
    Now you have to buy a ticket just to buy the beer.

I'm lucky I went through my phase for this stuff when it was still fun.
    12 more for someone else!
  14. zrab11

zrab11 Advocate (505) Indiana Dec 25, 2010

So will there be time for Beer sharing outside of founders? Thats one of the best parts!
  15. gill897

WHAT ABOUT 2009, 2010, 2011 AND 2012! I NEED TO KNOW!>
    ChadlyG, mmnorth, mjshearer1 and 2 others like this.
  16. SteelersX

09 sold out at 2 still got 4 cases
    skipped all the others because I have a brain in my head.
    satisfied skippy???
    I know your a sarcastic MF
    RyanMM and RobertColianni like this.
  17. You bought four cases? Perhaps you are the reason why they have to set a bottle limit.
  18. thetomG

thetomG Savant (430) Illinois Feb 17, 2010

sounds like they've got a great system in place for this release. I say well done Founders!
    Dontcounttoday likes this.
  19. travMI13

travMI13 Savant (355) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

I kinda figured 12 would still be the limit. I'm excited. Sounds like a great time. This beer never gets old to me.
  20. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

I'm all about it! Plan on going Friday.
  21. HarrySTruman

HarrySTruman Savant (265) Michigan May 16, 2012

I've never had this stuff, but those release dates are right near my birthday. Maybe I'll have the g/f buy the ticket and drive me over there and we'll buy some. I've never been to founders before, it's only a few hours away.
  22. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Savant (445) Illinois Jul 19, 2012

i hope to get a saturday ticket so i don't have to take a day off work. 3 hours is a bit of a ways to drive after work on a weeknight.
  23. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (610) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

ISO: KBS Trustee

If there's someone out there that has a friend they could convince to come with them, as always, I will make it worth their time.

MykelJH likes this.
  24. JPortillo

JPortillo Savant (290) Illinois Mar 12, 2012

Time to find some beer mules...
  25. gill897

I'm just glad I now own a sarcastic MF.
    domtronzero, adamdd and NABS like this.
  26. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Going on Friday? I'll plan on that day! Definitely be there, one last weekend of freedom before Fitz '13 kicks off. Lets tear it up!
    steebo777 likes this.
  27. Not a fan of the change in date for KBS day, it is now the day before Easter and I am out of town. Also not a fan of the 12 beer limit, but what are you going to do. Still one of my favorite beers, might have to crack one tonight. Also out of the country the day tickets go on sale so gonna have to find someone to get me one, just not a good year for this.
  28. elliott1184

elliott1184 Savant (320) Minnesota Mar 31, 2011

I went in 1962 before Mike and Dave were even born, & bought 4000 cases! I'm still drunk. Stuck in a phase with no brain in my head.
  29. Thanks! I won't miss you :)
    Hopeswimmer likes this.
  30. Amen, brother. I remember seeing GI BCBS on the shelf nearly year round until 2008. What goes up, must come down.
    SteelersX likes this.
  31. mike409

mike409 Aficionado (200) Michigan Jan 25, 2012

Must be nice to be entitled to 4 cases of every beer that's released.
  32. Hey you can't speak to beer elders like that! :eek:
    eyemustard likes this.
  33. BCBS is a shelf beer again! A shop near me still has a bunch of bottles for sale
  34. leftyhyzer

leftyhyzer Aficionado (240) Indiana Jul 10, 2012

3x's as much kbs this year? Sounds good to me.
  35. BeRanger

BeRanger Savant (465) Michigan Dec 11, 2011

Geez, take it easy people. SteelersX is a generous BA.
    There's nothing wrong with buying four cases when you're driving from New York and it's not selling out. It doesnt happen now, but it could back then. He wasn't hoarding and bringing mules to sell it at a party store like whoever the assholes in the front of the KBS line last year were.

While last year was madness, the bottle sharing is line was a hell of a good time.
    WITTBEER and steebo777 like this.
  36. SteelersX

I bought what they sold me
    They had a boatload back then
    I could argue that the people that bitched and moaned about not getting a full case and having the allocation reduced this year are being selfish. back then 4 cases was nothing. I could have bought 10. people really do get jealous.

We will have to hook up over the summer at kuhnhenns
  37. SteelersX

Newbie.
  38. It was a joke, I didn't expect everyone to get it. To go from buying 2 or 4 cases of a certain beer to not wanting any due to the politics of it makes me laugh. To each their own, I could care less if you buy/don't buy any.

To me your post sounded like, "I used to buy tons of it before it was cool" post. Good for you, I'm so incredibly jealous you had great beer taste years ago when I was still drinking breast milk . I still remember the last time I was called a "newbie". I was playing halo with my 8-year old cousin. Good times.
    StoutLover4life likes this.
  39. SteelersX

[qdi"Hopeswimmer, post: 832578, member: 702094"]It was a joke, I didn't expect everyone to get it. To go from buying 2 or 4 cases of a certain beer to not wanting any due to the politics of it makes me laugh. To each their own, I could care less if you buy/don't buy any.

To me your post sounded like, "I used to buy tons of it before it was cool" post. Good for you, I'm so incredibly jealous you had great beer taste years ago when I was still drinking breast milk . I still remember the last time I was called a "newbie". I was playing halo with my 8-year old cousin. Good times.[/quote]
    I didnt mean it that way so I apologize.
    Just talking about the changes of my experiences.
    Cheers
  40. JohnB87

JohnB87 Savant (325) Michigan Mar 14, 2011

I entirely see your point. Back in the day, it was much more available. Even two years ago, you could get a case at a time from stores in Michigan.

However (to bring up a sore subject from last year), to say that people who waited in line for 10+ hours in the cold shouldn't receive their full allotment is BS. First come, first f-ing served; especially considering they announced (pretty much) how much they had to sell.