1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

2013 KBS Release Info

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by CellarGimp, Jan 11, 2013.

1. SteelersX

SteelersX Savant (445) New York Jan 30, 2011

[q="JohnB87, post: 833466, member: 580015"]I entirely see your point. Back in the day, it was much more available. Even two years ago, you could get a case at a time from stores in Michigan.

However (to bring up a sore subject from last year), to say that people who waited in line for 10+ hours in the cold shouldn't receive their full allotment is BS. First come, first f-ing served; especially considering they announced (pretty much) how much they had to sell.[/quote]
    I dont disagree with. Just saying that a select few here talk about etiquette when it's convenient for them.

2. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

I'm willing to make the 3 hr trek even on a school night.
    May do Thursday but the idea of it being available on tap on Saturday is very appealing.

3. travMI13

travMI13 Savant (355) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

I don't entirely disagree, even though I benefited from the change, but you have to look at it from a business perspective. No matter what they did, a lot of people were going to be upset. They chose the path of least resistance, and the way they thought they could please the most customers. Can't fault them for that.

Although, like I said, I definitely understand your perspective.

4. JohnB87

JohnB87 Savant (350) Michigan Mar 14, 2011

Yeah, my gripe about the situation last year was that I saw the line and knew I wasn't going to be able to be in the first 300 if I had gone back and slept. So I went back, grabbed all the warm shit I could find and jumped in line around the 180 mark (2 a.m.). If I had known ahead of time that 600 people would get the same amount, you bet your ass I would have gone back and slept for an hour or two.

But this is a new year... with tickets! Although drinking in line is fun, I much prefer the guarantee that the ticket provides.

adamdd likes this.
  5. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Standing in line and sharing bottles is 60% of the fun...Lets get a bottle share together at the Holiday Inn on Friday night, drink alot of good bottles (we can even arrange chairs in a line), and then head over to Founder's on Saturday and drink the shit out of KBS on tap (sitting down again, and warm). I don't know what crunchy jams they have planned for Saturday but you bet your ass I will be gripping a snifter of KBS all day and hopefully my hand will be black by the end of the night.

6. You must not be near Chicagoland or a major metro area, no?

7. I'm in the Detroit Metro area. No joke, there is a couple 4 packs just sitting on the shelf.

8. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

As soon as you post where it is, we'll make sure that status is removed with a quickness ;)

9. "March 30 marks the first day KBS will be available on tap."

Is it me, or is this lame? If I get a ticket to any day but Saturday, I don't get to have any KBS on tap while there? If they're going to have a 4-day KBS release, why not KBS on draft all 4 days?

10. PlayaPlaya

PlayaPlaya Savant (285) Illinois Sep 19, 2012

Cause then they wouldn't bottle as much, resulting in countless BA's getting their panties in a bunch and making countless threads whining about how they didn't get enough bottles.

Anybody can go on saturday and drink KBS on tap. You don't have to have a ticket for saturday or ANY day for that matter, you can say screw the bottle release entirely and relieve some stress.

11. I believe they have a specific amount set aside for each day so its guaranteed to be on tap every day of the release.

12. PlayaPlaya

PlayaPlaya Savant (285) Illinois Sep 19, 2012

No.

It pretty specifically/explicitly explains that the FIRST day KBS will be on tap is Saturday. They even underline the word 'first'.

13. Ooops you are correct.

14. jampics2

jampics2 Advocate (730) Ohio Dec 19, 2008

Yes, this is totally lame. If there's enough of this beer to bottle and distribute (especially to all those shiny new markets Founders has entered in the past 2 years) then there should be enough to have on tap at your brewery for locals to enjoy for at least a week, which would include a few kegs for every day of pickups.

15. Jose2412

Jose2412 Aficionado (240) Michigan Feb 25, 2012

Well, Brown paper tickets is now broken.

16. wizzy

wizzy Aficionado (165) Michigan May 20, 2006

Managed to get it in my cart, but can't get past the four challenge/acknowledgement questions. "waiting for site"...

17. Same

18. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Savant (480) Illinois Jul 19, 2012

can't even get my ticket in the damn cart

19. moefriedman

moefriedman Savant (270) Illinois Feb 15, 2012

F it! At least I got alot of Peruvian Morning

Mscarpen likes this.
  20. ikaika122

ikaika122 Aficionado (110) Illinois Apr 16, 2011

Me either and Saturday has sold out in the meantime

21. wizzy

Took about 4-5 mins to make it past that page, now waiting after entering my cc number.

22. THEWOOD279

THEWOOD279 Disciple (50) Illinois Nov 20, 2009

Was able to get Friday in the cart, answer questions, put in CC info and hit confirm.....then nothing

checked my bank and I do have a 5 dollar charge there...so fingers crossed

23. THEWOOD279

THEWOOD279 Disciple (50) Illinois Nov 20, 2009

just got the confirmation email BOOYAH!

24. mpwdoyle

mpwdoyle Aficionado (155) Illinois Apr 29, 2011

Website crashed after I hit "Complete Order." Now to wait...

25. wizzy

I now have a url that has the word confirmation in it, but page not loading (spinning, not an error).

26. marcgo2

marcgo2 Aficionado (235) Illinois Nov 16, 2010

You'd think BPT would have been ready for this.

27. wizzy

Purchase completed!

28. mpwdoyle

Check your email? Maybe a confirmation was already sent.

29. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

I hit complete order and there she blew. Fucking piece of shit site.

30. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Savant (480) Illinois Jul 19, 2012

i can't even load the event page anymore

31. What a crock... can't even get the site to load. "Web Page Not Available" every time I hit submit with my info.

32. myersk27

myersk27 Savant (410) Indiana Oct 21, 2011

this is awful

33. Jose2412

Jose2412 Aficionado (240) Michigan Feb 25, 2012

looked like saturday was sold out when i got it to load the last time. I cant make it to the add to cart page

34. I was also stuck on the confirmation page after putting in CC info. I just kept hitting Complete Order or whatever it was. The site never loaded past that, but I got a confirmation email. So check that

35. brycevolk

brycevolk Savant (410) Ohio Sep 28, 2009

Such bullshit. On hold with BPT now.

36. mpwdoyle

My cart expired. Bahahaha.

37. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Savant (410) Illinois May 6, 2012

What a crock of shit....

38. Redpac

Redpac Aficionado (145) Illinois Aug 27, 2009

Got the event page to load, says eveything is sold out

39. Lansman

Lansman Savant (400) Illinois Mar 19, 2011

Order confirmation took 3 minutes after the checkout page at 10:03 AM (CT) but it finally went through eventually. Crazy traffic.

40. My confirmation page blew up, but I got email confirmation. So I got mine. The buddy I'm supposed to go with can't get in though. Nice.