1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

2013 KBS Release Info

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by CellarGimp, Jan 11, 2013.

1. JPortillo

JPortillo Savant (290) Illinois Mar 12, 2012

2. Grohnke

Grohnke Savant (380) Illinois Sep 15, 2009

no they said they arent doing that (like they did with bolt cutter), these are transferable

3. zach60614

zach60614 Savant (265) Illinois May 1, 2012

Mine is the same.

4. moefriedman

moefriedman Savant (260) Illinois Feb 15, 2012

Weird. I also got a wed ticket at 1130

5. Blurg. I overslept. I know it's a stretch but if anyone has an extra ticket, I can offer a place to stay in town when ya come to get em and some beers. Would be the first KBS release I've missed in years.

6. Jose2412

Jose2412 Aficionado (240) Michigan Feb 25, 2012

I bought a friday ticket (Day #3) the bottom of mine says (KBS #2 - 3/). I assume everything will work out.

7. jbck109

jbck109 Savant (340) Michigan May 30, 2010

It gets didtributed, you could spend hour/days calling stores and chasing trucks and not drive 400mi or pay $5 for a ticket. Personally, I like the ticket idea better, even though it was a total PITA

8. Jose2412

On an unrelated note, I hope they have new KBS glasses this year.

9. stevegoz

stevegoz Savant (320) Illinois May 5, 2008

Whimsy, brah.

10. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

Heck yeah. :)

11. Jose2412

jbck109 likes this.
  12. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

$10 that dude is reading this thread.

13. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

Hope the rest of you are also falsely bidding it up, for science.

You hear that asshole? Good luck finding someone who is ACTUALLY bidding for realsies.

14. Shmuffalo

Shmuffalo Savant (310) Pennsylvania Feb 26, 2012

F those guys that are throwing this on eBay. The ticket was for charity. If you're going to go this route, you should donate AT LEAST half of the profit to charity.

15. Jose2412

I did find something on eBay's Policy that may make this auction not allowed.

Tickets to charity events
    The sale of tickets to charity events is allowed on eBay. However, for major charity events where 50% or more of the proceeds will be dedicated to charity, sellers must donate at least 20% of the final sale price of the listing to a charity of their choice through eBay Giving Works. Sellers of tickets for these events need to be registered with eBay Giving Works. 1-day and 3-day listings are not allowed.

16. semibaked

semibaked Advocate (610) Kentucky Mar 27, 2007

Well to be fair he is offering free shipping. :)

Shagtastic, Savearth and Jose2412 like this.
  17. burica2020

burica2020 Savant (400) Illinois Nov 17, 2009

they should have kept the provision about buyer needing to be the ticket holder. it would have prevented eBay and the folks that bought for the whole family.

jbck109 and Jaycase like this.
  18. Lansman

Lansman Savant (400) Illinois Mar 19, 2011

Come on guys let's be fair...it's $500 or Best Offer! :rolleyes:

Related note - Founders is getting pretty beat up on Facebook. Interesting reading.

19. Jose2412

I just checked out their facebook. It's a shame the way people are so upset. Money talks, if you are so upset you didn't get a ticket, don't support Founders any longer if you feel so robbed. If I didn't get a ticket I wouldn't be that upset. It's just beer.

mobius387 likes this.
  20. Damn, I forgot to even try.

21. stayclean

stayclean Savant (360) Wisconsin Mar 17, 2012

Everyone must have every beer whenever they can. Duh.

MarcusHalberstram likes this.
  22. jeonseh

jeonseh Savant (485) Indiana Oct 14, 2007

People talking on facebook about beer are always redic. See also every comment every time FFF releases anything or sells out of ZD. People bitch about anything.

Jose2412 likes this.
  23. zach60614

zach60614 Savant (265) Illinois May 1, 2012

Brown Paper Tickets facebook as well

24. Jose2412

Well I don't mind BPT getting beat up, the service they provide is obviously sub par. I just hope that other breweries take notice and decide not to use them anymore.

25. Jose2412

Also, I'm glad at least 5 out of the 10 mules I got set up with computers got a ticket. I don't know if three cases will be enough, but there is always truck chasing when it gets distro'ed.

26. FEUO

Founders Brewing Co. (Official)
    Here's a message from Brown Paper Tickets about their servers this morning. We plan to discuss a future course of action for KBS releases as a team and will post an update, and respond to all of your emails and messages, next week. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
    [​IMG]
    Brown Paper Tickets
    Yikes! We messed up. Our servers went into maintenance as higher than normal ticket sales spiked on our site this morning. As a result, our support center is also backed up with calls to help customers through the problem. Our dev team is working feverishly to get things up and running. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and thank you for your patience.

27. FEUO

Could have also been the SD Comic Con ticket demand on BPT that jacked their servers up. Dorks.

Shmuffalo likes this.
  28. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Savant (410) Illinois May 6, 2012

Def not a bunch of beer geeks.... ;)

29. Jose2412

Isn't it nice to see that other BA's here are trying to trade multiple extra tickets 1 hour after they sell out for beer?

Does this piss anyone else off?

FEUO likes this.
  30. Copy and paste this response from BPT for the Dark Lord Day ticket release thread.

mbockstruck30 and FEUO like this.
  31. myersk27

myersk27 Savant (400) Indiana Oct 21, 2011

From BPT Facebook page:
    about an hour ago
    Brown Paper Tickets would like to apologize to Founders Brewing Company, and its customers, for a 25 minute delay in our ability to sell tickets to the event. We experienced a rare set of circumstances this morning that caused the delay, and we are taking protective measures now to ensure that our customers are not inconvenienced in the future. However, we realize that this isolated incident has caused many ticket buyers disappointment and that is not acceptable to Brown Paper Tickets. We are working with Founders Brewing now to try to find a way to make fans of the KBS Imperial Stout release satisfied customers. If you experienced a problem in purchasing your tickets this morning, please call Brown Paper Tickets at our 24/7 customer service hotline at 1-800-838-3006 and we will ask for your contact information and keep you informed on our progress with finding a way to help. Again, our most heartfelt apology for this isolated incident, and as always, we welcome your personal call.

32. myersk27

My guess is their phone system crashes in a bit....

Shmuffalo likes this.
  33. Bryan

Bryan Aficionado (145) Michigan Feb 29, 2012

I don't think they will be able to do too much to rectify the problem. Tickets already sold out and it's not as though they will resell tickets to the event. So...I'm not sure what will happen

34. myersk27

yeah i don't know either. some guy on FB was suggesting they void all purchases and refund people who got tickets and have a "do-over"......lol

35. Bryan

Bryan Aficionado (145) Michigan Feb 29, 2012

That would be the equivalent of pouring a tanker of gasoline onto a small fire

mjshearer1 and Shmuffalo like this.
  36. I believe that guy is our favorite (now banned, sadly) beer fan from DeKalb. Such a shame he didn't get any tickets -- though that suggests that, sometimes, the world works the way it's supposed to.

Lansman likes this.
  37. TheBeerDad

TheBeerDad Savant (345) Michigan Sep 6, 2012

Such a bad idea, lets vultures prey on BA that really appreciate the product...

38. TheBeerDad

TheBeerDad Savant (345) Michigan Sep 6, 2012

I have the same issue with mine it says day 2, but then at the bottom it says Wednesday... fingers crossed.

39. stevegoz

stevegoz Savant (320) Illinois May 5, 2008

Same here. Can't imagine it will be a problem. There was a similar quirk with the two FOBAB sessions in Chicago, and things worked out fine there.