1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

2013 KBS Release Info

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by CellarGimp, Jan 11, 2013.

1. loki993

loki993 Aficionado (240) Michigan Apr 16, 2009

Figured as much..
  2. I think it took me about an hour, and i did from the beach in the Dominican Republic. It was frustrating for sure, but in the end it worked out....this time that is. I was also able to trade for a ticket for my wife for less than $20 of beer and since the ticket was $5, to me it was worth it.

Overall I agree this is very frustrating process and discouraging for a lot of beer enthusiast.
  3. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Savant (420) Illinois Mar 19, 2012

Yeah, I agree. Looking back, waiting in line all night for the beer was much more fun. *not being sarcastic*

At least I knew I was going to get something if I got in line vs. the randomness of maybe getting a ticket online if I was lucky enough to get the BPT servers to let me in.
  4. ive got a 12oz bottle of bcbs to trade for a kbs
  5. loki993

loki993 Aficionado (240) Michigan Apr 16, 2009

It is. They've finally pushed me over the edge. Its too much effort for too little reward. I'm not running all over the state to maybe peice together one over priced 4 pack. If I could go place and be guaranteed a 4 pack them maybe but the biggest allocation Ive seen this year has been two bottle and on top of that whatever they get while allocation two bottle may last a half an hour. Then you get people lining up, so what now I'm waiting in a line for who knows how long to maybe get a bottle or two. Its gotten out of hand.
  6. i took off work this morning rode 30 minutes to the nearest binny's in the cold on my motorcycle, managed to get one bottle $7. the guy said from the time they opened and the 30 minutes it took me to drive they sold out half the case. (basically sold half the case from half and hour from when the store opened)