1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

2013 Twin Cities Beerfest @ Canterbury Park

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by TboneRN, Apr 1, 2014.

?

Which summer Twin Cities beer event do you prefer?

Poll closed Apr 8, 2014.
  1. Beer Fest

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Beer Dabbler

11.1%
  3. Other (please specify)

88.9%
  1. TboneRN

TboneRN Savant (355) Minnesota Mar 30, 2014

Did anyone else on the forum attend this event?
    In my opinion there were too many tickets sold, lack of craft beer optioins (the majority of beer venders were from large breweries such as budweiser, miller, stella, etc), Heck they had a whole tent for limeritas.
    When comparing beerfest to the summer beer dabbler in St. Paul, beerfest did not even come close to stacking up....poorly planned and excecuted with Long lines, poor selection of beers, most breweries running out of beer early, lack of good food options, etc.

Did anyone else attend and feel the same way? Do you plan on attending this summer? Do you think it will be better?

2. MCImes

MCImes Savant (360) Minnesota Dec 31, 2010

One fest to rule them all; ABR (in MN)

Some come close like Winterfest, Firkin Fest, (Novafest? what was their beer cave event called?)

(Or there are many better than anything we have in the state like Beachwood sour fest, GTMW, GABF, or the other sour/belgian fest out east who's name i forget)

3. TboneRN

TboneRN Savant (355) Minnesota Mar 30, 2014

MCImes, did you go to beerfest or beerdabbler last year?
    Is ABR Autumn beer review? Is that in the fall? if so I might prefer a barrel aged beerfest of sometype!

4. MCImes

MCImes Savant (360) Minnesota Dec 31, 2010

Never been to the beer dabbler, although my friends have given it good reviews.

Although ABR (autumn beer review) can be a little crowded, Its still my favorite. its usually in early september, so I guess it qualifies as a fall fest.

All Pints North is pretty big, but Ive never been there.

5. leezy

leezy Aficionado (195) Minnesota Sep 13, 2009

I went to APN last year and though the weather wasn't the best, plenty of space to wander around, good food and great beer

I do agree that the ABR is arguably the best beer event in MN

6. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Champion (795) Minnesota Nov 12, 2010

I've enjoyed All Pints North, Autumn Brew Review and the St. Paul Summer Beer Fest.

7. Hopsiam14

Hopsiam14 Savant (445) Minnesota Jan 23, 2013

I prefer ABR and Winterfest

RKPStogie likes this.