1. Stop lurking! Log in to search, post in our forums, review beers, see fewer ads, and more. — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

2013 Utopias Glass

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by mcBrewsAlot, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcBrewsAlot

mcBrewsAlot Initiate (0) Dec 3, 2008 Massachusetts

Does anyone know if this is the regular reidel utopias glass? Last years was commemorative for the 10th anniversary

2. Jazzwalker

Jazzwalker Initiate (0) Apr 2, 2012 New Jersey

Very good question. I would suspect that it will be the same glass used prior to the 10th anniversary release most likely. They (Sam Adams) spent a lot of cash coming up with that newer design for the utopias glass as well as the perfect pint glass. One would also suspect that they like it. I personally would fancy a pair of the first utopias styled glasses, but have been very unlucky in finding someone with them, and willing to trade or sale. :slight_frown:

3. cwehr13

cwehr13 Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2011 Illinois

I picked up a bottle yesterday, I went on the website to enter the code in to receive my glass but it did not ship out yet. There was no picture or anything so I have no idea.

cubs943 likes this.
  4. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,291) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society

What's the deal with the Utopias glass? I broke the piggy bank and bought a bottle but there is no info other than the neck tag talks about Utopias should be drank from a special glass.

5. RBCORCORAN

RBCORCORAN Initiate (0) May 18, 2009 Massachusetts
    Deactivated

[​IMG]
    downloaded the photo. I had the glass sent to my sidekicks house and keep forgetting to ask her to show it to me.

6. mpayne5

mpayne5 Initiate (0) Aug 18, 2011 Indiana

There should've been a hangtag on the bottle with a code for a "free" Utopias glass after paying $10 to ship it.

PapaGoose03 likes this.
  7. cwehr13

There is like a special code on the neck tag, you enter that in on http://estore.samueladams.com/coupons.aspx and its free but the 10$ shipping is kinda BS considering how much the bottle cost but what ever.

PapaGoose03 likes this.
  8. RBCORCORAN

RBCORCORAN Initiate (0) May 18, 2009 Massachusetts
    Deactivated

A note to customers redeeming a coupon for a free Samuel Adams Utopias® glass: Due to state regulations, we are not able to redeem the coupon offer for shipment to the following states: Alabama, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, Vermont, and Virginia. We monitor the website and must cancel any orders that request shipping to the states where shipment is not permitted by law. We understand this may be frustrating, but unfortunately there is nothing we can do...we make the beer, not the laws!
    Blame your state goobermint.

ufmj and PapaGoose03 like this.
  9. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,291) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society

Yeah, the neck tag on my bottle is silent on this offer. The post above explains why. Presumably they have a different neck tag for the affected states, so without the info I can't even have it sent to my brother in an approved state. :slight_frown:

10. tleffert

tleffert Initiate (0) Oct 12, 2010 Minnesota

Okay, so I purchased my 2013 Utopias in a state (Minnesota) not on the prohibited list, and I don't have a code on my neck tag either. Are others getting the 2013 release with a code for a glass?

11. UtisTheLaw

UtisTheLaw Pundit (840) Jul 26, 2012 Texas

I'll have to check when I get home.

12. Jazzwalker

Jazzwalker Initiate (0) Apr 2, 2012 New Jersey

I just want someone to post a picture of the 2013 glass! :wink:

13. cwehr13

Mine came with a code, I applied it last week Tuesday. Today when I signed on to Sam Adams website it still says "Waiting Allocation".

14. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2009 New York
    Trader

if anyone wants, they can send the glass to me and when it arrives i'll just put a new shipping label on the box and send it your way if you live in one of the no-no states.

ufmj, Gonzoillini, marshmeli and 2 others like this.
  15. dc55110

dc55110 Savant (1,116) Oct 24, 2010 Minnesota

I placed an order back in September from a bottle from a previous year, and it also still says "Waiting Allocation."

16. tleffert

Well, damn, I've been robbed. I've contacted Sam Adams to find out if this is correctable. I don't live in a prohibited state, and I purchased it from one of the outlets on their Find a Sam map. I have four prior glasses, so it's not a total disaster. But my bottle sure didn't come discounted because there was no code, so I'd really like my glass. Thanks for the info!

cwehr13 likes this.
  17. cwehr13

It doesn't say on the tag about the glass, at least I don't think it does. It is almost like a serial number, I originally thought maybe you register the beer or something then I found out it is for a glass.

18. tleffert

Yep - nothing like a serial number anywhere on my card. Where I've seen it in prior years after the "Cheers, Jim Koch" bit, there's just a Luxury Beer trademark and the copyright notice. I'd really hate if this were my first bottle, since it describes how Koch and Riedel teamed up to develop a special glass, then ends with "I hope you enjoy sipping Samuel Adams Utopias from this glass as much as I enjoyed crafting this beer!" That would be a cruel joke for a Utopias virgin since the only way to obtain one of the glasses is to use the code that they didn't provide in the first place.

19. cwehr13

So were both Utopias virgins then!

20. cwehr13

[​IMG]

That is where mine was

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.