2015 Bourbon County Line Up

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by HoudiniRN, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeerCrazyCrow

BeerCrazyCrow Initiate (0) Nov 28, 2014 Iowa

Any idea on price of Rare? LoL

2. mrpeterandthepuffers

mrpeterandthepuffers Pundit (813) Oct 24, 2014 Minnesota

Good thing each store is only gonna get 2 of those, it would suck to fill a shelf with a couple cases!

3. BenJames

BenJames Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2012 Illinois

$60

4. dragonaut

dragonaut Initiate (0) May 29, 2005 Iowa

I know there's been a lot of time and inflation but relative to a $45 bomber last go around that seems a bit nuts. That box tho!

5. MNPikey

MNPikey Pooh-Bah (1,681) Feb 27, 2011 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

GOOSE ISLAND RARE DAY
    IT'S NOT EVERYDAY YOU GET TO RELEASE A BEER AS SPECIAL AS RARE BOURBON COUNTY BRAND STOUT.

The 2015 edition has been aging in 35-year-old Heaven Hill barrels for two years. We want to celebrate the release of Rare Bourbon County with our biggest fans! So, on Friday, November 13, 2015 we will be selling the first bottles of Rare at the Goose Island Fulton Street Brewery.

But, the fun doesn't stop there! After purchasing your beer, join us at the Goose Island Barrel House to taste Rare and the entire 2015 Bourbon County line up, jam to Chicago's own Black Oil Brothers and learn more about Bourbon County Stout during our "Barrel to Bottle" presentation featuring Goose Island Brewmaster Jared Jankoski and Heaven Hill Master Distiller Denny Potter. Our Barrel Warehouse will be opened up so you can do a self guided tour to check out all the 2016 barrels that are aging, eat food from local food trucks and talk to the production team that put together this years "Grit & Grain" Bourbon County Video series.

How do you get a ticket to this special event? Well, we know how crazy online tickets sales for awesome beer events go...so we are going with a lottery system.

Beginning at 12:00pm CST on Friday, October 2 and running through 11:59pm CST Friday, October 9 visit www.gooseisland.com/rareday to enter the lottery. You can enter the lottery once daily.

On Tuesday, October 13 at 12:00pm CST winners will be selected at random to purchase up to two (2) tickets for the Rare Bourbon County bottle release. Each ticket will allow the guest the option to purchase up to 3 bottles of Rare Bourbon County Brand Stout and an invite to our Barrel House celebration.

TICKET LOTTERY OPENS OCTOBER 2ND, 2015 AT 12PM CST.

SixThousandDollars and mingo like this.
  6. boilermakerbrew

boilermakerbrew Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2010 Indiana

Where was this posted?

7. boilermakerbrew

boilermakerbrew Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2010 Indiana

Never mind. I found it

8. ramay86

ramay86 Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2014 Minnesota

$60 for Rare this year? Fuck that.

Black Gold, here I come.

mgr78704 likes this.
  9. BeerCrazyCrow

BeerCrazyCrow Initiate (0) Nov 28, 2014 Iowa

Pretty pricey...

10. B-Nut-GoBlue

B-Nut-GoBlue Pundit (888) Apr 22, 2014 Iowa
    Trader

One can enter once daily?! Interesting. It would be a fun trip, I admit. Will not be getting any hopes up, however.

estairs591 likes this.
  11. mrpeterandthepuffers

mrpeterandthepuffers Pundit (813) Oct 24, 2014 Minnesota

Probably cheaper to attend the event and purchase than buying on secondary or trading the required $200 worth of beer that it will take to snag one of these.

12. midwesterner

midwesterner Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2015 Iowa

I'll pass on this and would at half that price.

ToadiesForCody likes this.
  13. capturejack

capturejack Initiate (0) Feb 20, 2013 Minnesota

Can't drain that retirement fund :wink:

fds, tgates, sembo and 5 others like this.
  14. DecorahNM

DecorahNM Initiate (0) Jun 6, 2013 Iowa

FT: Mornin' Delight Collectible Box ISO: Rare Collectible Box.

15. lonewolfcry

lonewolfcry Pooh-Bah (1,982) Dec 7, 2007 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

When I get one of my Rares, I'll do that trade in a heartbeat....assuming there'll be two MDs in your box.

MNBeerGeek likes this.
  16. sean_mpls

sean_mpls Initiate (0) Sep 11, 2012 Minnesota

From the FAQ:

Is this the only time 2015 Rare bourbon county stout will be available to purchase?

No. It will also be available in very limited quantities in select cities this Black Friday, November 27th.

17. mingo

mingo Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2013 Arizona

rare day lottery is now live.

dhallengren likes this.
  18. B-Nut-GoBlue

B-Nut-GoBlue Pundit (888) Apr 22, 2014 Iowa
    Trader

Wonder if selecting the time-slot preference affects how they draw and "lotterize" the submissions.

19. Jhutch1990

Jhutch1990 Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2014 Iowa

Anyone get a lucky email today?

20. Jack_Deichert

Jack_Deichert Initiate (0) May 20, 2014 Minnesota

No :slight_frown: Might not be a bad thing for my wallet, but would have been nice. My gf who will be in San Fran that weekend won ha

sembo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.