1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

22nd Weekend of Spontaneous Fermentation - anyone ever been?

Discussion in 'Benelux' started by atomeyes, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Hey,
    I'm heading to Belgium in May and was initially planning on leaving before this weekend festival.
    has anyone ever been? is this beer that I can casually drink elsewhere while i'm flitting around Belgium?

thanks!

2. UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo Site Editor (945) Massachusetts Sep 11, 2002 Staff Member

I have been twice. A great event if you like lambics. Many not so hard to get beers, but also some rare, hard to find old beers. I recommend the event, but it is your decision if it is worth altering your plans for.

3. patto1ro

patto1ro Advocate (500) Netherlands Apr 26, 2004

The festival for lambic. Some stuff you'll never see anywhere else. It's just a bit of a pain to get to Opstal.

organicbrewer likes this.
  4. yeah. debating if i should stay the night or just sober up and drive back to Ghent or something.

i'm going to the Sunday session (going to visit Struise and In De Vrede on Saturday).

5. Is anyone else heading to this? It would be nice to meet up with some people to be able to split some of the bottles.

I haven't decided if I will be going Saturday or Sunday but as of right now my plans are fairly wide open.

6. I am there on Saturday all day. My friend still hasn't booked her ticket to come traveling with me, so i may be solo.

7. i'll be there with some other Americans, look out for me and say hello

UncleJimbo likes this.
  8. look out for a guy that looks like Gandhi?

jleblanc likes this.
  9. UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo Site Editor (945) Massachusetts Sep 11, 2002 Staff Member

Glad you are going to make it there, Jeff! I am sure you will enjoy it! Have fun in Belgium!