Dismiss Notice
Save $5 when you subscribe to 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine by selecting auto-renew.

Subscribe now →
Dismiss Notice
Join Our Email List →

And we'll send you the latest updates and offers from BeerAdvocate, because knowing is half the battle.
Dismiss Notice

Pre-order your Respect Beer "Hipster" Hoodie today!

Plus: Free shipping (US only) on orders of $25 or more until 12/18/15. Just select "Free Shipping" at checkout.

Shop now →

$25 Bottles

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by callisbeers, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Saw this last night at a wine store with a good selection of beer, $25 750ml bottles of Foe Hammer. Is this the going price for this beer? I mean the bottle was all fancy and stuff but is the beer worth that? Was curious because I have had other stuff from Roth.
  2. ewright

ewright Savant (450) North Carolina Oct 25, 2007

Yeah, I've seen it anywhere from $20-25. I do like some of their beers when I can find them, but that's a hard price to pay for bourbon barrel aged beers, much less a non-aged beer. I've passed and will continue to do so.
  3. I don't think I know anyone who thinks it was worth the price personally. Rumor has it the price is a little high because of accidentally ordering the fancy swing top bottles. Sorry If I'm stepping on any toes here saying this.
  4. whitekiboko

whitekiboko Savant (425) South Carolina Sep 22, 2006 Verified

Obviously the previous discussion was lost, but I got the impression that the consensus on whether it was worth it was somewhere between Hell No and %^#% No.
  5. Yeah the price point on that one is.... odd. I assume there is some kind of explanation along the lines of what was mentioned above. The beer itself is pretty good (I tried it at a tasting) but I would have some trouble paying even half of a $25 price tag for it.
  6. If it needs to be said again...heck no. One can probably get Olde Hickory Imperial Stout for about 1/2 the price in the same store. The only thing I've paid that much for is Eclipse, and I'm not even sure that was worth it.