$25 Bottles

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by callisbeers, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Saw this last night at a wine store with a good selection of beer, $25 750ml bottles of Foe Hammer. Is this the going price for this beer? I mean the bottle was all fancy and stuff but is the beer worth that? Was curious because I have had other stuff from Roth.

2. ewright

ewright Savant (440) North Carolina Oct 25, 2007

Yeah, I've seen it anywhere from $20-25. I do like some of their beers when I can find them, but that's a hard price to pay for bourbon barrel aged beers, much less a non-aged beer. I've passed and will continue to do so.

3. I don't think I know anyone who thinks it was worth the price personally. Rumor has it the price is a little high because of accidentally ordering the fancy swing top bottles. Sorry If I'm stepping on any toes here saying this.

4. Obviously the previous discussion was lost, but I got the impression that the consensus on whether it was worth it was somewhere between Hell No and %^#% No.

5. Yeah the price point on that one is.... odd. I assume there is some kind of explanation along the lines of what was mentioned above. The beer itself is pretty good (I tried it at a tasting) but I would have some trouble paying even half of a $25 price tag for it.

6. If it needs to be said again...heck no. One can probably get Olde Hickory Imperial Stout for about 1/2 the price in the same store. The only thing I've paid that much for is Eclipse, and I'm not even sure that was worth it.