2yr hop experiment pg 3

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by Thickfreakness, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Southern Tier 2XIPA - original review 1/25/11 4.6 rating
    Before they had bottle dating (pretty sure it was the same batch)
    A- Pours a semi-cloudy honey yellow into my DFH glass. A somewhat thin head fades rather quickly and leaves little bits of lacing and really nice oily legs. 4.0
    S- Honey, dripping sweet caramel, juicy fresh cut pineapple, day old cut grass, pine sap, tangerine, subtle touches of yellow grapefruit, and warm brown sugar. This is fantastic!!! I could sit and smell this all day! This is exactly what I was hoping for when I started this experiment. This one really changed, but in a fantastic way! 4.75
    T- Sweet honey and caramel covered orange slices. Subtle citrus pop that melds beautifully with the caramel/honey/brown sugar sweetness. Nice wet grass yeastiness. I love the way it weaves between bitter citrus/pine and caramel candy. 4.25
    M- Not a great deal of carbonation, although I really love how it glides down your tongue gripping on like a nice English Barleywine. I wasn’t expecting that at all. Still a really nice dose of citrus bitterness that melds perfectly with the honey sweetness. 4.5
    O- I may have to buy this by the case and put some age on it. Out of the six that I aged, I didn’t have really high hopes for this one. It’s fantastic IMHO. Bitter, sweet, citrus, no trace of booze at all. If it had just a touch more carbonation, it would be unreal!!! 4.25

[​IMG]