1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

312 Urban Block Party

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by chronie, Aug 22, 2012.

1. The party was amazing, tasted every beer there I believe. The tragedy is that there were several untapped kegs (including a rumored Cherry King Henry!)

2. Overall this was a great event! Thanks to Goose Island for throwing such a wonderful event. The beers were amazing especially the Gran Gas & the Demolition Ginger! I hope to taste these brews again in the near future. A Cherry King Henry seems like a fantasy! One that I hope comes to fruition. Dontcounttoday great idea on the consistent updating. Wish I would have checked here for this yesterday. Luckily I had close to all of the specialty brews. I am so glad that I won VIP tickets from Fischman's Liquors. I had no idea I had until approaching the ticket booth around 4:20PM. I can't shake the desire to be drinking a Gran Gas right now and that's amazing considering how much BC I drank.

3. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

Gotta save something for FoBAB...

ravot likes this.
  4. CMB2012

CMB2012 Savant (255) Illinois Nov 26, 2008

I'm kinda surprised at the praise that Gran Gas is getting in this thread. Based off the small taster I had last week at the Local Option I thought that beer was bordering on the better side of terrible. I guess it's just not for me.

5. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (715) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

Im hoping they also saved some of that Chili BCS. I really wanted to try Ghost Pepper BCS, but this could suffice. As a side note, bring on some neopolitan BCS

6. Etan

Etan Advocate (745) Wisconsin Jul 11, 2011

It's on tap at a bunch of bars in Chicago right now, including GI Clybourn and Twisted Spoke, so you should be able to find it pretty easily if you want...

JonathanSuarez and ravot like this.
  7. ravot

ravot Savant (460) Illinois Mar 20, 2012

i was just at GI clybourn earlier this week. i was at the spoke last night after the 312 party. d'oh. i guess i'm glad i missed out on it. too much BCS intake.

JonathanSuarez and Etan like this.
  8. Thanks Etan! Just feeling a bit lazy today though. I quelled my thirst for Gran Gas by going into my fridge and opening up a Juliet. And then a Stone best by 9.21.12.

9. aefbjo

aefbjo Savant (275) Bahamas Jun 8, 2005

Yes, I'm glad I went. Had two pours of the 2010 BCBS aged in rye barrels with raspberries. It was near 15%, I heard, and FULL of rye and wood flavors, with hints of raspberry. The Indira lemongrass saison was great too. And the IPA was of course drinking well. My friend had the Gran Gas, which we both liked as well.