1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

3rd Roseville Bottle Share

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by theconductor, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Going to the Eclipse party has inspired me. What a great time! I'm thinking we need another one at our place. Right now I'm thinking a Sunday during the second half of January.

Keep it in mind, I'll resurrect this thread after Christmas to put on the final details.

Cheers!

2. I'm 2 for 2, I'm willing to make it 3 for 3. See you there.

3. Of course right after I move! You guys working tonight thinking of stopping by for a beer and some Monday night football.

4. Amy will be there. I'll be napping for an all-nighter to Dunsmuir.

5. SHODriver

SHODriver Savant (455) Louisiana Aug 13, 2010

In, I should have some delicious New Glarus fruit beers to share.

anybody want to do a four year vertical of jewbelation? I have a bottle of 13 here, 14 back in NE, 15 can still be found on the shelves and 16 is currently bountiful.

6. Think that's the first time I've ever seen Dunsmuir mentioned on the boards. Going to the brewery?

7. Not likely on this trip since I'll be arriving early in the morning. I have been there, great food and above average beer. I would be there all of the time if I had a car up there!

flexabull likes this.
  8. I really enjoy visiting that little brewery in the summer and sitting outside.

9. I've been wanting to go since my parents live in Roseville. I vote for 13th or 20th.

10. Have 15 & 16 at home I think. Unsure about my availability right now, but would request 20 or 27.

11. 01/20 is definitely an option...

12. 20th it is? :)
    Do you have a place to host or need one?

13. huadog

huadog Savant (350) California May 13, 2009

what are you, new?! ;) JK - he is the host... @ Final Gravity, Roseville

14. huadog

I like the 20th, and I think we should go on a schedule of *th ****day of every month.

15. My bad...I am new to Roseville bottle share. Hopefully less prentious than some other shares I've been to. :)
    What's the main theme? i.e., a sour theme, coupled with bring an extra whatever? or imperial stout or IPAs/Pale Ales?
    Too bad it's not this month...just got some HF from a contact (yes, it feels like xmas).

16. huadog

They are usually pretty chill and no theme - just bring a bottle or two to share with the group. It isn't a tasting group or anything to establish themes. Just whoever shows up shows up - hopefully they bring something, but if they don't buy something from FG to share (buy something anyway).

Come on out on Saturday for 'Stouterday' - FG is putting on a bunch of dark beers they've been holding back for this event. It will be a great time. Sneak a HF in ;) I wish I had a regular HF contact - funny I was just in convo about HF. I got a Vera Mae today.

PaulStoneAnchor likes this.
  17. Sounds serious. Do they have a cure for HF? A little intrigued, what is HF?

huadog likes this.
  18. Ynot2

Ynot2 Savant (310) California Jul 24, 2009

I think I can make the 20th. Bigass whale tasting on the 12th and this on the 20th. Gonna be a good month.

abecall98 and huadog like this.
  19. Ynot2

Ynot2 Savant (310) California Jul 24, 2009

Is Stouterday this weekend?

20. huadog

Yeah Kevin it is - def try to come out. I'll be bringing a couple of things (hopefully theconductor is cool with me saying that out loud, ha).

http://www.finalgravitybeer.com/events.html

*edit* I believe that some bottles will be sold that are being held back too.

21. abecall98

abecall98 Advocate (540) California Aug 11, 2007

I'm all for the 27th of Jan. Just enough time before Super Bowl, and enough time after other festivities. Yep. The 20th still works for me though too.

huadog likes this.
  22. What kind of stuff is out on Stouterday? My gf loves stouts and I love sours...not a good pair when it comes to drinking together (though we're both trying to learn to love each other's go to beers).

What's this thing that Ynot2 is talking about on the 12th?

23. huadog

24. I have just updated the Stouterday list. We have more stouts than taps! We need your help to kill some kegs :)

25. If you can save the best for last would be great. Going to earn some brownie points by going to a wedding for a friend of the GF's, and can't make it out there until later... Would love to try some Arctic, XVI, and the LOF from NB. I know Porkinator will be off at the same time too.

We should have no problem helping you out with your request...

26. huadog

That's called hoarding...

27. My name is Kyle, and I'm a beer hoard-a-holic...

PaulStoneAnchor and RobertV916 like this.
  28. Well at least 3 to 4 of the beers on the list are imperial porters, so just put the stouts out, and save the porters for Porterday. 2 epic events instead of just 1

theconductor likes this.
  29. No Victory At Sea for you!

Imperial Porterday, hmmm.....:)

30. SHODriver

I have a serious storage issue as well. I think I might have to get chest freezer turned beer cellar number two after eclipse and a few trades I'm working.

unfortunately, I can't be at the raffle for Abyss because I have to be at the Holiday Party for my work at 5... luckily I avoided the contest to dance around in a costume, sadly I'm getting a pie in the face tomorrow due to playing my chances on a calculated risk.

or good business?

ever had a sour stout?

31. We actually will have a sour stout. Anderson Valley's Featherleggy Bulrusher. I've never had it, I hope it's great though. It was really nice of them to send it our way.

We also have a LOT of sours in bottles, you'll be fine :)

32. huadog

AVBC and GREAT has been said my nobody... ever...

33. Fail

abecall98 and Levitation like this.
  34. huadog

I tried to edit - it timed out. Facts are still facts.

35. Epeteios will be joining the list

36. I heard you are getting the barrel-aged Epeteios. Is that correct?

37. Seriously? All this hype over a left coast beer? I also heard that black diamond has been releasing some amazing stuff too.

PaulStoneAnchor likes this.
  38. Not the BA version:(. Mussetter got the kegs in last night and brought us one this morning. Awesome service!

39. SHODriver

fixed that for you. I found that one to be a bit of a let down.

40. Interesting avatar, we once used BrewCaddy for our Beer Fest.