1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

4/20 PEACH PARTY IN NAPA!!!! I can eat a Peach for Hours....

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by HaveUSeenMyCellar, Feb 20, 2013.

1. April 20th Noon in Napa.

April is Peach season, I've been planning this for some time and finally have what I consider a decent arsenal to get things started. I'll be providing a Fantasia 2013, Fou Foune 2012, Cascade Apricot 2011, Crooked Stave Persica, and thanks to a local BA invited today, Upland Peach are confirmed.

Please BM me or post publicly what beer you can bring to the party (other batches of the beers above or doubles are welcome as the above are all SOLID examples) as well as if you are bringing an appetizer, entree, etc.
    Goal is to make this a kind of potluck with great weather, beer (wine and hard alcohol too....she works for Diageo, so you can imagine we'll have peach Ciroc and a few others to make cocktails for non beer drinking better halfs that join in). Myself and my girlfriend will be cooking up some dishes made with Peaches, Nectarines, Apricots, and other "peach-ish" fruits as well.

We've got plenty of space inside and outside plus board games, darts, a hyper-active Jack Russell Terrier, Video Games, etc. to help break the ice.

June will be Blueberry season, and I just picked up a 750 of Blaeber 2012, Cascade Blueberry, and Wanderer. Start saving your Blueberries. :)

If you can't make the 20th, join us starting next month for what will be the first North Bay/Sonoma/Napa Bottleshare (more info to be posted).
    alfrantzell and floraday like this.
  2. jp7161

jp7161 Savant (335) California Dec 22, 2011

I can't make it up there, but if you are still planning on coming to the CFH release I will give a bottle of Hangar 24 Barrel Roll 5 - Chadelle to add to your little party.

or just send me a shipping label

Let me know.

Joe
  3. I am still coming down 1st and 2nd of March. That is SUPER Generous of you. A True BA!!!
    That's what this party is about...sharing the Peach love. ;-)
    Can you make it up in June for the Blueberry party?
  4. Forgot that I have the 2013 Peche N Brett (at least one bottle...more welcome).
  5. Another BA friend is sending AC Golden Peach Sour being released between now and party. :)
  6. Hey!

I would love to make it to this. I remember we were talking about it at RR Toronado night. I might be able to do Noyeaux, 2011 Fou Foune, Peche n' Brett B2, and/or more Cascade Apricot 2011.
  7. I hope you guys bring plenty of Imodium A-D. I remember when the kids gorged themselves on peaches in Grapes of Wrath. The results were excruciating and the poor Joad children were never quite the same after that.
  8. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

I have a homebrew peach and honey sour that I am bottling this Friday, so it should be ready for your party. I can give you one at the CFH release.
  9. jp7161

I want to try one
  10. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

I will keep you updated once I bottle and see what I have, I am sure I can bring a bottle for you at churchill's, though it won't be ready to drink yet as it would only be 1 week in the bottle. This is my first sour in a long time and I have promised a lot to a bunch of people, I think I am already running low. I need to get brewing some more.
  11. heatwaves

heatwaves Savant (285) California Oct 17, 2009

Wanderer is blackberries and bing cherries, I believe. But it may be much, much harder to have a blackberry and bing cherry festival. ;)
  12. Is Snoop Dogg gonna be there? He's always talkin' about peaaches.
  13. jp7161

I understand. If you have an extra I would love to try it.
  14. Would that go better under the Blueberry Party or Cherry/Kriek Party? Cherries are May-June....Does this mean Cherry/Kriek Party in May (Cascade Kriek, Cable Car, Bruery Sans Pagaie, Wanderer, Cantillon Kriek, Drie Fonteinen Scharbeekse Kriek, LP Kriek, Allagash HLT, Kriek de Ranke, Oude Beersel Oude Kriek, Boon Oude Kriek)
  15. matedog

matedog Aficionado (185) California Jan 25, 2010

Can I bring Pyramid Audacious Apricot? Kidding. I am tentatively committed to playing a show on Picnic Day, but I will let you know.
  16. Another Aggie. :)
    Hahaha...nice.....is Picnic Day seriously on 4/20? You'd think an educational institution like UCDavis would know better. :p
  17. cquiroga

cquiroga Savant (290) California Oct 14, 2004

Last year, some friends and I did a "Peach Harvest Dinner" in August that went all out with some awesome food paired with awesome beer made with peaches. It was fantastic, and we're working on putting together a similar event this year that will hopefully be open to many more people. This year's event will likely take place some time around July/August, somewhere around LA. We'll probably have around 5 or 6 courses featuring peaches/nectarines in the dishes, and some of the best peach beers around. Should be great.
  18. rob133

rob133 Savant (290) California Jan 7, 2009

Just another beer option you might want to try and seek out. ale Industries released a pretty decent peach beer earlier this month - Unity, As in Edward. I believe the initial run of bottles sold out, but a post on Facebook indicated they were bottling more up.
  19. To allow more friends to come and have a wider range of beers as well, opening this up to those with an equivalent "non peach" beer to Fou Foune, Fantasia, Peche N Brett, Persica, or Noyeaux...bring beer and a dish made with peaches and have fun...that's the plan.
    Super excited for the peach demiglaze on steak I heard about and the peach ice cream if those are still being made. :)....feels like Iron Chef, "Today's secret ingredient is.....PEACHES!!!!!......A LA CUISINE!!!!"
    In case this goes into late night, we have space on couch and extra blankets...don't want people going home drunk if they live far.
  20. Etan

Etan Advocate (745) Wisconsin Jul 11, 2011

*"Allez cuisine"
    MrFootstones likes this.
  21. If you have not received a BM from me to the PRIVATE FORUM for this event, please BM me so I can add you.
    I am keeping it private as that is where my address and further info will be posted for those coming.
    BM what beer and dish you are bringing. We have a 50 person MAX, so unfortunately some may not make it.
    I will be posting the Cherry/Kriek party next as one of the individuals at a recent bottleshare has a Blueberry farm and recommended we do Cherries, then Blueberries, etc.
  22. Updating post to include that this is basically a whale party....not just Cherry/Kriek beers. If you don't have a good or decent Cherry/Kriek beer, but have other types, please bring them as they are more than welcome considering the gf will be drinking darker beers due to her distaste for Fruit/Lambic/Sours.

Looking forward to seeing this monthly tradition grow in popularity. :)
  23. Since not enough interest, we are moving this party out to May and will be doing it in the bay since majority of the interest were from Bay Area locals who either 1. Have no Car 2. Feel distance is too far or 3. don't want to stay over nor have a DD.
    I looked into SF parks and Recreation, and it appears beer and alcohol consumption is completely legal at the parks.
    We can bring a BBQ (or go somewhere with one), and do our beer/food potluck there...........orrrrrrrr...........have it at someone's place if they can volunteer (this would be greatly appreciated as it takes weather out of the occasion in case it's too windy).
    Thoughts?
  24. MikeTen

MikeTen Initiate (0) California Apr 3, 2009

I'm confused, are you combining the Peach and Cherry tastings you've been posting about?

Is this a private party? I can't see where it says how to get in. If it's private, you should probably not tease people by posting it publicly.

Why would you not have enough interest for a whale tasting? Also, you're listing a bunch of shelf or limited-release beers - what about stuff like Cable Car Kriek, Yellow Bus, etc. Would you welcome real whales?

I will be in SF soon for work and I'm trying to see how to line up some things while I'm there.
  25. Apologies for the misunderstandings.

The peach party unfortunately flopped due to lack of interest or misunderstanding.
    I just posted a poll and info for doing it in May instead: http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/5-18-bay-area-peach-party-interest-poll-info.82977/

This is not supposed to be private at all...but, it is as you said a whale party (though it doesn't HAVE to be peaches, cherries, or whatever...can just be a whale or whaleish). Everyone's welcome, though we want to make sure that people who come are of like mentality (share your good stuff since we're all sharing ours)

I'd love to see you at this next event, though the final location in Bay is up in the air at the moment.
    We do want it near the Bart so people can party harder and get home safe.
    Preference is at someone's house or if they have a Condo complex, clubhouse. Honestly, if everyone pitched in a couple bucks or two, we can not only rent out a clubhouse, but ensure we get extra meat, etc.

Post to the new link suggestions: http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/5-18-bay-area-peach-party-interest-poll-info.82977/