1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

4 Aussie place getters at World Beer Cup

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by ALEBOY, May 6, 2012.

1. ALEBOY

ALEBOY Savant (315) Australia May 31, 2003

2. Just got a text from Brad, reckon they will be celebrating for a few more days!

3. spicelab

spicelab Savant (435) Australia Nov 6, 2009

Particularly impressive effort from Burleigh given the 85-strong competition in the Hefe category.

Never tried it myself but will fix that pronto.

4. dgilks

dgilks Advocate (685) Australia Jul 14, 2008

And Redoak won in a category that wasn't sour!!! I'm mostly kiddin but it's funny how well they do in competitions as opposed to the marketplace.

Lukie likes this.
  5. was very interested re Burleigh - reviews on this site are not that great. BUT nor are they they that up-to-date.

Endeavour imho are under-rated...

6. Lukie

Lukie Savant (425) Australia Jun 16, 2007

Beat me to the sour joke. Good times.

7. barls

barls Aficionado (175) Australia Nov 15, 2006

good to see we are doing better on the world stage as a country

8. Lukie

Lukie Savant (425) Australia Jun 16, 2007

Endeavour should break the American status quo by telling them all about their Pale Ale specifically designed to be aged.

9. Well done to Stone and Wood. That is tremendous recognition for a high quality ale.

Also congratulations to Firestone Walker for receiving top honours for best mid-sized brewery.

10. Was at Firestone today, met the owners over lunch at the CBC. Their beer is incredible really, and then theres to oak barrel aging room. I can now die and go to heaven.

11. Congrats to all the Canuck breweries that did well this year. Our friends to the South get so much cred, it's great to see us getting the recognition we deserve. Apparently somebody is doing gluten-free stuff spot on!

There are tons of Aussie breweries coming up and doing really well. Tons of small guys making a stamp on the market. Congrats to all the winners from Oz and Canadia!