1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

5/18-Napa Cherry/Kriek Party-Poppin' Cherries all day looong!!!

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by HaveUSeenMyCellar, Mar 18, 2013.

1. May 18th Noon in Napa.

As a suggestion from fellow BAs, it's Cherry season in MAY!!!

Examples of items that I know I can contribute: Cable Car 2012, Cascade Kriek 2012, Cascade Cerise Nouveau, 2010 3F Schaerbeekse Kriek, Allagash Old HLT, 2008 LP Kriek, 2011-12 Cantillon Kriek, Supplication Batch 010 and 11/28/2012, Stone Cherry Chocolate Stout, 2012 Red Poppy Ale...just to name a few.
    Would love to see more Cable Car and Cable Car Krieks....can't get enough of those. Any other Cherry beers or Krieks I should have mentioned, please let me know.

Please BM me or post publicly what beer you can bring to the party (other batches of the beers above or doubles are welcome as the above are all SOLID examples) as well as if you are bringing an appetizer, entree, etc.....it's all about the food...allez cousine!!!! Of course, sticking with tradition, food should be made with cherries.

Goal is to make this a kind of potluck with great weather, beer (wine and hard alcohol too....gf works for Diageo, so you can imagine we'll have Cherry Ciroc or Belvedere and a few others to make cocktails for non beer drinking better halfs that join in). Myself and my girlfriend will be cooking up some dishes made with cherries as well.

We've got plenty of space inside and outside plus board games, darts, a hyper-active Jack Russell Terrier, Video Games, etc. to help break the ice.

June will be Blueberry season, and I just picked up a 750 of Blaeber 2012, Cascade Blueberry, and Wanderer. Not to mention another BA mentioned his parent's own a Blueberry Farm. Start saving your Blueberries. :)

If you can't make the 18th, there will be more parties each month centered around a type of fruit or style of beer.
    Future Napa Parties: July-Berries/Framboise (boysenberry, raspberry, Strawberries, etc.), August-Gueuzes, September-Grape Beers, October-Pumpkin Beers, November-Spiced beers/Pears/, December-Stouts, January-Walez you got for XMAS, February-IPAs, March-Orange/Persimmon/Pommelos/Tangerines Beers, April-Peaches/Nectarines/Kumquats
  2. Updating post to include that this is basically a whale party....not just Cherry/Kriek beers. If you don't have a good or decent Cherry/Kriek beer, but have other types, please bring them as they are more than welcome considering the gf will be drinking darker beers due to her distaste for Fruit/Lambic/Sours.

Looking forward to seeing this monthly tradition grow in popularity. :)
  3. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Savant (250) California Jul 7, 2012

There's a cherry poppin daddies reference that the title failed to make.

sadpanda.gif
  4. as a note, the Napa party is cancelled....has been moved to San Francisco and will be a peach party instead of cherry's....Blueberries will still be June, and cherry's will be July.