1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

5 Rabbit's civil war

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by ravot, Jan 10, 2013.

1. ravot

ravot Savant (460) Illinois Mar 20, 2012

2. mecummins

mecummins Savant (425) Illinois Nov 16, 2012

That's just sad. I've been rooting for them since they first arrived in Chicago. They seemed to have a solid plan and were growing at a better than average speed. Yet I've got to say, they always struck me (purely going on what I've read or heard) as business men first, guys who have a passion for beer maybe second.

3. beergurujr

beergurujr Savant (350) Illinois Oct 27, 2003

It's a shame. Hopefully there will be an amicable agreementthat will keep this brewery going. It's a great concept, and the beers have sold well. Maybe Randy Mosher can bring it all together... though Randy isn't the brewery owner-operator type.

4. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

John Hall can brew good beer.

5. Vav

Vav Savant (485) Illinois Jul 27, 2008

:(

beergurujr likes this.
  6. misterid

misterid Savant (270) Wisconsin Apr 3, 2009

"Araya, a native Costa Rican, and Showaki, born in Mexico, met seven years ago while working as consultants at Bain Capital in Mexico City..."

*cue ominous music*

7. thetomG

thetomG Savant (430) Illinois Feb 17, 2010

sad to hear this... particularly for Randy... such an awesome dude - he deserves better!

Hopefully they're somehow able to work this out and move on....

8. hall and mosher give me hope.

MarcatGSB likes this.
  9. beergurujr

My guess is that cooler heads prevail- and one partner will leave- and the brewery will remain in business.

10. beergurujr

I heard some background story about this thing. Reminds me of the Beatles breakup. Oh well it'll all get fixed. BTW, 5R just shipped the first kegs brewed at their new facility to the distributor.

11. wyatt13

wyatt13 Savant (475) Illinois Feb 13, 2011

When I read the thread title, I thought they were releasing a new beer called "Civil War."

12. MarcatGSB

"What we have here, is failure, to communicate...which is the way he wants"

13. gill897

gill897 Aficionado (160) Illinois Apr 18, 2008

Are they still considered a craft brewery because they are suing each other for $100k?

Do craft breweries usually sue each other only for amounts less than $50,000? Or is that crafty?

beergurujr likes this.
  14. beergurujr

gill897, too soon! LOL

15. burica2020

burica2020 Savant (400) Illinois Nov 17, 2009

Sorry to resurrect the thread but if you're not following this on facebook, you're losing out. This weekend it looked like someone left some weird voodoo thing on I think Issac's car.

[​IMG]

today they've kinda confirmed it by making multiple posts about witches and they've put the page on witch watch. and they've said "some people think they can resolve problems using witchcraft. I wish things would be that easy but unfortunately that's not how life works. Instead of running the company I'm just going to hire a witch so she can increase sales, make beer, create new recipes, etc. The person that did this sure believes that! LOL" I know three floyds is our go to metal brewery but have they ever actually practiced witchcraft. Sorry to see a brewery going through this but at least its really amusing.

16. ...What's spilling out onto Facebook doesn't really make either party look all that desireable.

Just my opinion, though.

17. ravot

ravot Savant (460) Illinois Mar 20, 2012

like whoa-black.rob-.youtube

18. mecummins

mecummins Savant (425) Illinois Nov 16, 2012

I saw that on my newsfeed yesterday. So freaky. Personally, with everything that their brewery is going through right now, I don't think I'd choose to publicize something like that. Not only is it baiting the wack job who did it, it's not giving the brewery, which cashes in a bit on being a latino brewery, a good name.

19. MarcatGSB

Yah, I wouldn't have posted a picture of that on my Facebook page, in midst of everything else they have going on.

20. DROOO

DROOO Aficionado (205) Illinois May 5, 2009

agreed.