1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

(512) Pecan Porter

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by daysinthewake, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Hi friends,

I'm bored at work and I figured this was the right time to ask about this. I've always wanted to trade for a growler of the Pecan Porter and I have some questions. Is it usually available? What's the price? Why kind of growler do they use? Regular questions. I'll probably end up putting an ISP out there in a few months if possible. Also, if anyone has a BA versions and can get a growler of the regular let me know.

Cheers,

Josh

2. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

Pecan Porter is readily available around town and you can get a 32 or 64 oz growler fill. I'm pretty sure a 64 oz fill will cost around $15-$16 and $6-$8 for the glass. This year's BA version is due to come out anyday now so you might be able to find a willing trader. Cheers man....

3. Very cool. Thanks!

4. champ103

champ103 Champion (870) Texas Sep 3, 2007

Ya, you should not have any problems finding this. All over Houston, Austin, San Antonio, and in a lot of places that do growlers. One of my favorites.

5. mhenson42

mhenson42 Advocate (595) Texas Nov 20, 2011

Freetail in SA has the BA Double Pecan Porter on tap - I had some on Saturday. Not sure what a growler would cost.

ThirstyHerf likes this.
  6. jamescain

jamescain Advocate (660) Texas Jul 14, 2009

I doubt there is a place in SA that you can get a growler of it.

7. htomsirveaux

htomsirveaux Advocate (550) Texas Feb 8, 2002

I called Freetail last night, they said they aren't filling growlers of this.