1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

(512) Whiskey Barrel Aged Double Pecan Porter (2013)

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by Lutter, Jan 25, 2013.

1. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

After all this, I think I'll open my last bottle in the back yard, when I get around to opening it. :D
  2. jbeezification

jbeezification Savant (405) Texas Jun 6, 2012

Am I the only one here who honestly does not give a single fuck about what you or anybody else thinks about a certain beer? Stop arguing about whether it was overcarbed or at least take it to PMs where the rest of us don't have to sift through the bullshit to possibly get some information about this years release. Sorry for the vulgarity but damnit some of you need to get over it already.
  3. Cablejelly

Cablejelly Savant (255) Texas Sep 6, 2010

Every bottle I've had has been consistent. No explosions, no foamy mess, just a little bit of over-carbonation. I'm down to 2 so if I ever pop in to a bottle share I'll be glad to bring one and we can film it or something....
    blatherbeard likes this.
  4. jacobbocce72

jacobbocce72 Savant (330) Texas Dec 18, 2011

I feel partially responsible... didn't think it would get so out of hand. My bad...

I honestly don't feel like the "over carbonation" alone caused my bottle to explode by simply touching the concrete. I think the rolling around in a hot ice chest for 3 days is mostly to blame.
  5. Cablejelly

Cablejelly Savant (255) Texas Sep 6, 2010

6. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

Dude you didn't do anything...(512) is responsible for the quality of their beers, not you.
  7. mattisloco

mattisloco Savant (455) Texas Feb 13, 2007

Humm and we're supposed to give a fuck what you give a fuck about? At least we're bitching about beer. You, you're just bitching about humans and that shit can make one mad.
    Dizzy and lokieman like this.
  8. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (425) Texas Mar 12, 2012

Funny that a total of 6 pages = sifting on BA. (Read page 98 of Bad Trader Alert Zed)

No harm no foul guys, but issues with past releases are relevant to the release this year. Beer Advocate is about more than learning when and where it's going to be released (while maintaining that as a great function as well).

I love the vinegar of this region though, I'm just trying to be the honey
    lokieman likes this.
  9. jl28r1

jl28r1 Savant (490) Texas Jan 10, 2011

Easy bro, you need to get your ass down here to Freetail and let me buy you a few brews. ;-)
    H0rnedFr0gs likes this.
  10. mattisloco

Oh I'm good... Wish I could tell you I could take you up on that offer some time soon. Might do la muerta this year.
  11. H0rnedFr0gs

Him and I both! Put the pedal on the crew to get those sours going!

Next <Edit: name removed to avoid hype>tapping I'm driving down regardless the bottles available and grovel and clean dishes to take a growler home.
  12. jbeezification

I don't give a fuck what you give a fuck about, I think I already said that once. Bitch about the beer all you want just there's no point taking up a whole page bitching about the same fucking thing. We've had good threads shut down because of some idiots on here starting shit. Who was that again? I don't remember, and yes I mean the word idiot.
  13. HoustonZ33

HoustonZ33 Savant (325) Texas Sep 10, 2012

Can't we all just.....drink a beer?

So ummmmmm YEAH! - About that 2013, Any word yet?
    jbeezification likes this.
  14. H0rnedFr0gs

You can't complain about closed threads and rant like that. Chill. We can freely discuss as we like. If this thread doesn't meet your needs you can tune out. I have done this to many threads recently...it works.
  15. lokieman

And I'm sure the bros and the moderators love explicit laden posts verbally attacking another BA...you started the shit talking dude...live with it. Idiot....
    beerboy9960 likes this.
  16. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

17. Phoenix2443

Phoenix2443 Savant (335) Texas Jan 20, 2010

Opened mine tonight, bottle was calm until I poured it and it was a huge pile of foam in two glasses. Went to Heb for snacks and came back and still foam. Infected.

This year all bottle are drank within 6 months or traded
  18. Danielbt

Danielbt Savant (380) Texas May 4, 2012

Do I look like a cat to you, boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly pimbly from tree to tree?
    videofrog, BK1017 and squirrely2005 like this.
  19. Danielbt

Danielbt Savant (380) Texas May 4, 2012

Oh? Did a test for biological contaminants, did you? What's it infected with?
  20. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

This is right. As much as Loki and I agree to disagree, we can keep it civil.

It's a forum. We argue or agree on stupid stuff. Doesn't mean we have to act like children.

Even if we don't see eye to eye, we can still have a beer and be buds.
  21. icetrauma

icetrauma Savant (485) Texas Sep 7, 2004

mrsa

not serious.

1st world probs. arguing on the interwebz about sudz.
  22. lokieman

So anyone have any leads on a release date.....?
    HoustonZ33 likes this.
  23. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

Yup, if we were discussing clean water vs diphtheria infected water it might be more crucial. lol
  24. Phoenix2443

Phoenix2443 Savant (335) Texas Jan 20, 2010

Yep I did it was infected with the taste of fucking awful. I've had this on tap I know what it's supposed to taste like and it tasted NOT GOOD. Are you ok with that or are you the fun police out to bitch about my opinion?
  25. icetrauma

icetrauma Savant (485) Texas Sep 7, 2004

[​IMG]
  26. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Savant (420) Texas Sep 30, 2007

Im just hoping all this bullshit leads to me getting a bottle this year.

and those of yall who open 5 gushers and have a sixth keep me in mind =)
  27. mattisloco

I simply don't have time for you, you're almost worth it but not quite. I went out of my way for that jackass bottle cap and where is he now? Keep it up and you'll be there begging to be let back on here just like he did.
  28. Lutter

The sad thing about that whole 'bottlecap' debacle is that Eric is actually a great writer and purveyor of Austin craft beer news... I follow him on Twitter and read his blog. That whole thing was unfortunate and came from the same kinda vibes I'm getting here.

Now back to topic: none of my 4 bottles were infected ;)
  29. mattisloco

I liked his blog but the guy was a complete ass on here. I tried months before to get him to stop picking at people, his ego just couldn't let beeradvocate be the better source for beer news. It happened, it's over.

Back on topic, I truly hope (512) can put out a better bottling this year. They were the 1st Austin craft brewer I was introduced to and they do a wonderful job with their entire draft lineup. They will always have a special place in my little craft beer heart.
  30. kmello69

Lets try to keep the threats to a minimum in here, and talk about beer instead.

And just to clarify, the user you mentioned was temporarily banned for posting a link to a twitter account, and not for anything else.

Now, back to foamy beer! :) (I'm seriously tempted to open my last one now, just to see....)
    Clonies720 likes this.
  31. Jarod7736

Jarod7736 Disciple (60) Texas Dec 8, 2010

It sounds like it should be easy to get this year. With all the complaints about infection and over-carbonation, i'm imagining a lot of people won't be searching it out.
  32. kmello69

Has anyone heard whether we can expect the same amount, production-wise, this year as last? I can't remember if that was covered in this thread.
  33. Clonies720

Clonies720 Initiate (0) Texas Oct 24, 2012

The 2013 label says "ten 200L barrels were bottled"
  34. Lutter

That's 520 gallons for the metric impaired. :)
  35. BK1017

BK1017 Aficionado (195) Texas Nov 9, 2009

2000 L = 2million mL

2,000,000mL divided by 750mL = 2666 bottles. Roughly.

BK
  36. jamescain

jamescain Advocate (640) Texas Jul 14, 2009

False if there is one thing about BAs they will seek out a beer that may or may not be infected as long as it is hyped. That being said I've only had one bottle of the last batch and though it was overcarbonated it was not infected. If it is actually infected it is probably due to Brett since it lives in wood.
  37. jbeezification

Thats not taking into account for spillage. However going one step further its about 220 cases. Should be fun.
  38. kmello69

Anyone smarter than me know how that compares to the number of bottles available last year? I'm really not looking forward to going on the hunt for this again.....
  39. Dajtai007

Dajtai007 Savant (390) Texas Jan 15, 2009

Not a accurate number considering the number of slim kegs they'll fill as well.
  40. BK1017

BK1017 Aficionado (195) Texas Nov 9, 2009

It MAY be accurate as the label says "ten 200L barrels were bottled." Depends on the 512 definition of bottling.

But good point on that.

BK