1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.

612 Brew - What is going on?

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by therobot, Feb 28, 2012.

1. therobot

therobot Aficionado (215) Minnesota Jun 10, 2010

So I have been hearing about this brewery for over a year. I have yet see any beer from them or see them at any festival. Tonight I picked up the latest issue of Metro Mag, "The Beer Issue" and there on the page with other (producing) MN brewers were the guys from 612 Brew, so it re-sparked my interest. Clearly they have great marketing to keep them getting magazine coverage after almost 2 years without a product or a brewery. Their website states they were established in 2010, and the same post about trying to find a brewery has been on the page for months. I guess appropriate they include in that post, "At 612Brew, we want to make the best beer you’ve never had".

Someone tell me what's going on here. In a time where breweries are opening faster then I can keep up with, why am I hearing about this brewery without anything more than a website for 2 years?

bigbeers84 likes this.
  2. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Savant (460) Minnesota Apr 30, 2010

I have wondered the same. They are on the verge of missing out if they don't get moving soon.

3. stevefinny

stevefinny Savant (365) New Jersey Aug 28, 2009

Didn't the brewery burn down?

4. Ungertaker

C'mon Steve! You hook me up big time in the Secret Santa BIF, then you drop a bomb on me like this?!? Lol

I will have to do some checking on that. I hope they are close to brewing, either way.

5. I think they got high and just sorta wandered off

antlerwrestler19 likes this.
  6. They could be searching for their okama game sphere.

minnesotaryan likes this.
  7. stevefinny

stevefinny Savant (365) New Jersey Aug 28, 2009

Which reminds me, send me your info i got a box with your name on it:)

8. Ungertaker

With the height you put the bar, I am really going to have my work cut out for my target next year!

9. mnstorm99

mnstorm99 Advocate (535) Minnesota May 11, 2007

As far as a Facebook post back in December they are still looking for a building. Guessing that nothing will be coming too soon.

Established in 2010, first beer out by 2013 at this pace. Hopefully they get it figured out, or maybe they bit off more than they can chew.

10. incutrav

incutrav Savant (315) Minnesota Jan 16, 2007

Same could be asked about Pour Decisions in Roseville. I understand wanting to get all your ducks in a row and release a good product, but a new brewery is opening every couple weeks it seems like right now. The market certainly isnt getting any smaller.

11. mnstorm99

mnstorm99 Advocate (535) Minnesota May 11, 2007

Yeah, but Pour Decisions claims a 2011 founded date, have a building and most of their equipment as far as I know.

12. Ryan

Ryan Aspirant (35) Feb 28, 2012

Hey fellow beer drinkers! Ryan here, one of the co-founders of 612Brew, and I just wanted to give you a quick update on what's going on with 612Brew.

First off I'm glad to see conversations about us, even if some are funny, like the brewery burning down. I've got to admit that would be a pretty sweet answer to what we've been up to, but fortunately, it's not what's happened.

Before I provide a little insight on what we've been up to, I want to let you know we are so close to having great news. Check out our website and social media sites for news coming out soon.

Now, a quick little history. In late 2010, we looked at contact brewing and did a lot of research. We ended up changing gears and going directly to opening our own location. In the middle of that, one of our founding members decided to step aside, and we respected that decision. Once we brought on another partner, we were able to get fully financed through a bank and ourselves. All that took a little time, but the best part is we are locked and loaded and ready to move forward and bring you that beer you've never had. So check out our website and our social media presence to get the latest news.

Thanks, and we look forward to raising a glass with you soon.

I'm Thirsty Already,
    Ryan
    612brew.com

CaptainBeir and sacrelicio like this.
  13. Ungertaker

Thanks for the response, Ryan! Can't wait to read the announcement.

14. therobot

therobot Aficionado (215) Minnesota Jun 10, 2010

Yes, thanks for the update and best of luck getting started this year.