1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

A BA page listing breweries that bottle date?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by teamwiggum, Mar 29, 2013.

1. teamwiggum

teamwiggum Advocate (535) Wisconsin Nov 30, 2008

This may be an old topic but is there a chance of seeing something like this in the future?

2. nuckbuc

nuckbuc Savant (265) New York Dec 28, 2010

Google fresh beer only you'll find what you need

wordemupg likes this.
  3. Sudsday

Sudsday Aficionado (225) Texas Mar 18, 2013

how about something that helps derive the bottle date from the best by date for the breweries that use that method?

4. Sudsday

Sudsday Aficionado (225) Texas Mar 18, 2013

but it doesn't, take deschutes for example...

'Deschutes: Shows the best before date as month (but not year). Also uses a best after date on their Reserve Series.'

tells me deschutes thinks its fresh but gives me no way to know how fresh it is compared to other options.

5. trbergman

trbergman Savant (430) Illinois Nov 17, 2006

Which is out of date, because Deschutes does date best before MM/DD/YY.

Maybe so, but even if two breweries provide bottled on dates it can still be comparing apples to oranges. Three month old Pliny is past dead; Three month old Double Jack is sublime.

6. Fair enough, I suppose I've seen IPA's with BB dates 2-5 years after bottling and if you didn't know that as buyer you might think a brews much younger then it is. That being said I still think papat444's site is the best overall reference for a beers age> the > is a capitalized .

7. cavedave

cavedave Champion (940) New York Mar 12, 2009

I would say not a chance, this site tries to advocate for craft beer in general. Fresh Beer Only is as good as you are gonna get (thanks papat444 for keeping it so up to date!)

8. drtth

drtth Champion (860) Pennsylvania Nov 25, 2007

Bottle date isn't more useful since you still need to pay attention to the style of the beer and the type of bottling line in use at the brewery.